Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dmitrii Blinov - A Lost Opportunity  (Read 12705 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 05:27:49 PM »
Castlevanis was sealed inside the eclipse in AoS. In DoS the castle the game takes place in is an abandoned amusement park meant to cater to the old horror fiction the was prevalent throughout the 20th century. However the park wasn't successful and was shut down. Then the cult moved in and made it their base of operations. In short there is no castlevania in DoS, just a look-a-like.

Uh wat??

Where did you get this info o.O ?
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 11:45:12 PM »
I stumbled across a website that had some pretty detailed info that was not mentioned in DoS. Mind you this was several years ago so I doubt i could find the site again. Also I just checked out the CV Wiki and it explains that it was the cult themselves whom built the castle, so I'm not entirely sure what's what.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 12:24:17 AM »
The amusement park sounds like a better idea to me, other than some cult having the funding and ability to just rebuild Dracula's castle complete with eldritch architecture and all that jazz. I like it better as an amusement park that they opened a portal to hell inside of.

Also, Id prefer if the whole Dark lord thing DoS did was forgotten. That was really bad. For one, neither Dario nor Dimitri were likable at all. Dimiitri had a VERY interesting power, with his copy ability being essentially an inferior derrivative of Soma's power, but he was still pretty bad.

Also, the idea of a bunch of superhumans running around with powers because they were born when Dracula died, really cheapens the idea that when Dracula died, he didn't just explode into confetti that spread his powers around, he specifically wound up reincarnating as Soma.

it makes Soma's existence feel cheap.

Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 12:27:28 AM »
It's funny because I always assumed that it was a castle in the Netherlands.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2014, 01:53:44 AM »
@X: yeah, I think I remembered reading that too. And it is the most likely scenario since I don't think Celia's cult is greater than Graham's.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2014, 08:00:36 AM »
Also, the idea of a bunch of superhumans running around with powers because they were born when Dracula died, really cheapens the idea that when Dracula died, he didn't just explode into confetti that spread his powers around, he specifically wound up reincarnating as Soma.

X-D HA!  Confetti!  There's a favorite death sequence for another thread out there! ;-)

I always thought that was kinda silly too...I mean I guess the idea of there being "superhumans" out there could make some sense, if you consider the idea that the Belmonts were said to be quite super.  But being born on the day Drac died, therefore being a potential candidate to become Drac reincarnate seemed silly...like the "soul" of Dracula had a smorgasbord to choose from...a "one-you-can-eat" buffet of who to use to bring him back.  I guess that could be the point of these cults, gather all the potentials and make Drac come back, but it still seemed silly to me.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2014, 09:46:05 AM »
And it is the most likely scenario since I don't think Celia's cult is greater than Graham's.

I think what had happened is that after Graham's death was confirmed by the authorities Celia started her own movement based on Graham's, and those who formally followed him flocked to Celia's cause. Arikado does mention that Celia is the leader of a new and rapidly growing cult so in that retrospect Graham's church could have been absorbed into Celia's. Either that or she took over and made it her own.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2014, 11:02:34 AM »
The idea of the castle in DoS being a former amusement park would be pretty silly, I think. Seems like something someone just made up unless it originates from Japanese only material, but I doubt it. You could also argue the cult didn't neccesarily built the castle themselves. I'm sure they are plenty of abandoned haunted castles in CV universe's version of Europe. Also, I'm not sure, but I recall Graham's cult reappearing in Kabuchi no Tsuisoukyoku, so Celia's cult is probably unrelated.         

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2014, 09:46:58 PM »
The idea of the castle in DoS being a former amusement park would be pretty silly, I think. Seems like something someone just made up unless it originates from Japanese only material, but I doubt it. You could also argue the cult didn't neccesarily built the castle themselves. I'm sure they are plenty of abandoned haunted castles in CV universe's version of Europe. Also, I'm not sure, but I recall Graham's cult reappearing in Kabuchi no Tsuisoukyoku, so Celia's cult is probably unrelated.         

IGA's Japanese, so... There are a lot of abandoned Japanese amusement parks in Japan. A fictional one was featured in Miyazaki's movie "Spirited Away". He must have been thinking that such abandoned ones do exist elsewhere in the world.

That's what I believe as well. Celia's cult is different from Graham's. But there might be some people who are members of both. Or we see another one of IGA's plot holes.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2014, 09:52:24 PM »
I think Celia explained her cult built the castle to be the exact replica of Dracula's Castle.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2014, 11:05:19 PM »
Do you know which segment in DoS that happened? I'd be interested in reading it  :)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2014, 01:06:52 AM »
I think Celia explained her cult built the castle to be the exact replica of Dracula's Castle.

Which was their first mistake, since the true Castlevania has no singular form. Creature of Chaos and all that jazz.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2014, 04:51:26 AM »
Koji Igarashi says "ドラキュラ城を模した近代建築 (Modern architecture which imitated the Dracula's castle)".
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2014, 05:03:15 AM »
So the amusement park thing was just somebody's fan fiction.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2014, 06:28:19 AM »
Do you know which segment in DoS that happened? I'd be interested in reading it  :)
Don't remember the segment but I found this from the Wiki (I think it's from Celia's official background in the manual): "(...) Celia arranges for the construction of a massive replica of Castlevania (...) and populates it with summoned Castlevanian demons, and then she proceeds to lure Soma into it, intending to see him die.'

Tags: