Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: About spiritual sequels  (Read 4331 times)

Offline Bengr Hausve

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« on: May 28, 2018, 05:02:21 AM »
How thin has a competing/a fan serving brand have to stretch, to have a legit case of a shutdown? Bloodstained Curse of the Moon is =  Castlevania 3. Bloodstained Ritual of the Night is SotN. Mighty nro 9 is Mega Man. I remember there was a court fight with  Shouzou Kaga/Fire Emblem and Nintendo. Nintendo lost it. And the ruling made a case for all of these Japanese 'spiritual sequel' makers like IGA, Kojima, Inafune etc. to go and make it.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 09:30:31 AM »
+1
Mighty nro 9 is Mega Man.

can we not compare these two as if mn9 even remotely hit the mark of quality

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 09:37:54 AM »
My bro gave mighty .9 a shot and was really scratching his head with the way the game plays. He did not like how the player was forced to dash into enemies in order to kill/stop them. And in order to finish off a boss you had to get him to a vulnerable state and dash into them. That shit was never in Mega Man. I can agree with D9 on this. Inafune intended his game to be a spiritual successor but it never turned out that way. In the end it became its own thing. Also the game seems to be allergic to platforms. There are so few solid places to stand on it is a miracle that anyone can make it through the game without pulling all the hair out from their scalp. Mega Man was never that bad though MMX 5 did get close in its final stages. I was not happy about that  >:(
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 09:40:25 AM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 04:26:57 PM »
Mighty No. 9 was a free with PS+ game like last month or the month before, so I finally tried it.

...I can see why people don't like it.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Tags:

anything