Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017  (Read 283110 times)

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES 2 Early 2017
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2015, 01:57:59 AM »
WOOOOW! CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES 2 looks awesome good work very good work I have never imagied a sequel. A metroidvania wooooooow one of the best fan games ever. Good luck and THANK YOU SOM MUCH!

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2015, 11:29:07 AM »
+1
Thanks Everybody.
I'm Affraid that the source code is a real mess  :-X  ; I would like to put 3D elements in the games as SOTN but i haven't tried yet!

As i said i can post some pictures to reveal the game mechanics. The game will be built with a Day-time/ Night-time system as Simon's quest.
DAWN

DAY

SUNSET

NIGHT

Some events will be related to the time.Time won't pass as in SQ but as in the WAY OF THE SAMURAI series. In other words, time will change when you change of area regardless the time you spent in the area. It wont change everytime
3areas for daytime 3 area for night 1 area sunset 1 area dawn.

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 03:01:14 PM »
Great improvements! Ive just loved the varied enviroments in the stages of the first game, as well the good number of stages. Hey Mig, you plan make this game longer than the first game?

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 07:40:04 AM »
Really good. Hope that I could play it for first time.

The main stage music in the preview video is very nice, I love it
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 01:12:38 PM »
+2
The game will be much more longer than the 1. This time is a metroidvania and not an action game by separate stages.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2015, 07:12:28 AM »
The game will be much more longer than the 1. This time is a metroidvania and not an action game by separate stages.

Very nice to hear and very nice title screen too. Keep it up Castlevania-master-fan-game maker ;D

I will love this fan game form you again I am so happy for metrodvania and day and night time from you game and much longer all is lovely for my ears.

Really good luck from me man. Stay fresh.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 07:14:00 AM by Castle34hk »

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2015, 08:15:46 PM »
Forgot a thing, is it possible to free edit keyboard control (map keys to any position on the keyboard where player desire)? It's really a pain in the first game, and I chose to buy controllers, then d-pad keep sucking for the game... I changed about 5-6 controllers and finally got it right, but d-pad issues often cause control jamming between air-dash and air-float. Hope "key mapping free edit" function to be in place
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2015, 03:29:34 AM »
Yeha good point to be honest I have never have problem with controls on this game but if this game support rumble function will be awesome.

I really cant wait for this game the hype is real ;D

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2015, 02:44:11 PM »
the player can save his game at the statues.

I'm trying to make a system to directly map the joypad's buttons. The game needs 6 buttons.
I know there were issues with Lecarde 1's controls. Most of the players forced the keyboard play and mapped their
buttons with JOY2KEY wich is a free and excellent keyboard emulator for joypads.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2015, 04:27:42 PM »
the player can save his game at the statues.

I'm trying to make a system to directly map the joypad's buttons. The game needs 6 buttons.
I know there were issues with Lecarde 1's controls. Most of the players forced the keyboard play and mapped their
buttons with JOY2KEY wich is a free and excellent keyboard emulator for joypads.

Could you add customizable joystick and keyboard controls? I would also like if you could customize the movement controls on the joystick, something many games forget to add.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2015, 06:44:37 PM »
These look fantastic!!  ...and there are others?  Where can I get them good sirs and ladies?!?!?!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2015, 07:06:22 PM »
Mig, I don't know if this is applicable to MMF2 or higher, but in MMF1.5 I used the, I believe it was called, Direct Input object.

I cannot say 100% whether what I am about to describe is exactly how I did this but I think it works or should at least give you the idea you need to do this.

I must mention for clarify that each object in MMF1.5 had "Alterable Variables" labeled A - Z.

Make sense? Let us begin.

In order to get keyboard AND controller, we need to use a 3 object system. The plugin object "Direct Keyboard", "Direct Controller", and a custom object which I would call "Button States".

Setup for Direct Keyboard and Direct Controller:
I use the Alterable Variables for these objects to hold my custom control configuration. I name my Alterable Variables based on the action they represent like; Up, Down, Left, Right, Jump, Attack, Sub Weapon, etc. I do this for both of them, and it is the same order of names. Inside Direct Keyboard I store the NUMBER of the keyboard key inside the Alterable Variable that is suppose to be for that action, used to check if it has been pressed or not. Inside Direct Control I store the NUMBER of the controller button inside the Alterable Variable that is suppose to be for that action. Changing these Alterable Variables can change the assigned key or button.

NOTE: I believe that D-Pad and Analog Stick controls may be different, but they do NOT need ot change so their influence can be programmed without needing it to change. You still will need to allow Keyboard users to re-map their movement keys however.

What is "Button States"? This is not actually 'the buttons on a controller' but rather a register to calculate button presses form the keyboard and the controller. I name my Alterable Variables based on the action they represent like; Up, Down, left, Right, Jump, Attack, Sub Weapon, etc. Let us use the "Jump" Alterable Variable. When it is 0 the button is not pressed. When it is 1, it has just been pressed in that frame. When it is higher than 1, it has been held down.

So here is how this would work. Here I will describe the events necessary for this to function. I will use the JUMP action to illustrate. Hopefully this is understandable. (I realize this is not proper MMF syntax but I forgot the format. Hopefully you get the idea.)

Code: [Select]
Events:
If [DirectKeyboard] Key is Down "DirectKeyboard.Jump"
OR
If [DirectControl] Key is Down "DirectControl.Jump"

Actions:
Add 1 to "ButtonStates.Jump"

and

Events:
If [DirectKeyboard] Key is NOT Down "DirectKeyboard.Jump"
AND
If [DirectControl] Key is NOT Down "DirectControl.Jump"

Actions:
Set "ButtonStates.Jump" to 0

Do this for EVERY action you need represented by a button. So in this example do it for: Up, Down, left, Right, Jump, Attack, and Sub Weapon

The code above is designed to check both Keyboard and Controller buttons in the same event, and only add 1 ONCE to the button state. This prevents 2 being added to the button state if both are pressed at the same time.

The code above is designed to not set the button state to 0 unless both keyboard and controller assignments are BOTH released.

Now how do you read these buttons?

When ButtonStates.Jump is 0, it is not being pressed. When ButtonStates.Jump is 1, it has just been pressed. When ButtonStates.Jump is greater than OR equal to 1, it is being held down.

You would only start a jump action on the player if the button state for Jump was 1. Not if it is greater than 1. This prevents the player from jumping endlessly when you hold down the button.

Because it continues to add to the number, you can read how many frames the button has been held down too.

When you let go of the button it will return to 0, so you know it is not being pressed.

Event:
If ButtonStates.Jump equal to 1
Actions:
Belmont jumps.

Event:
If ButtonStates.Attack is greater than or equal to 1
Belmont whip attack is finished.
Actions:
Belmont starts whip brandish.

Hopefully you understand the concept I am trying to explain. It is not as complicated as I likely make it seem here. MMF2 may also have a better way to do this, or this may not work in MMF2 as it is. Im sure you can figure out a way to make it work. You are very talented Mig.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2015, 03:01:11 PM »
It's fairly easy to do this in MMF2/F2.5. Just use Global Values for each key/button (separately), use Control X for keyboard remapping and Joypad 2 for gamepad remapping.

The problem you're going to run into is when a player connects a gamepad mid-game. The Joypad 2 object is terrible about recognizing devices connected at runtime, even if you command Fusion to poll for newly connected devices. The Xbox 360 Gamepad object is fantastic about recognizing newly attached devices, but sadly lacks the configuration ability.

If you are using a sub-app for your pause/inventory screen, the Joypad 2 object creates even more problems if you haven't had a gamepad attached since the start of the game.

Disclaimer, I've only had Xbox 360 gamepads to test with so the Joystick 2 object may work great with PS3 or other generic gamepads.

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2015, 03:33:12 PM »
@Uzo: I use Clickteam Fusion 2.5 and I can confirm that this is a solid idea. Although my method is a bit different, I'm using a similar concept for saving custom control configurations on my own game and it works far better than using the generic "Fire 1-4 / Player is moving X Direction" commands. However, depending on how much work you already have accomplished in your game implementing a system like this would require you to rewrite every control-related event in your game on every single frame. Not always easy, and perhaps one of the things I dislike most about how Clickteam Fusion is set up =p

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2015, 03:49:11 PM »
However, depending on how much work you already have accomplished in your game implementing a system like this would require you to rewrite every control-related event in your game on every single frame. Not always easy, and perhaps one of the things I dislike most about how Clickteam Fusion is set up =p

Agreed, that is in my opinion, one of Fusion's biggest flaws. That's why it's best to use an array level loading system if possible, then you only need 1 frame for the game but it becomes incredibly complex.

anything