Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: KONAMI TYPO IN CV3! They ARE human after all!  (Read 4944 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
KONAMI TYPO IN CV3! They ARE human after all!
« on: October 20, 2012, 05:12:22 PM »
In 8-bit programming, the inverse of 8 is F8.

8 ^ FF + 1

Knowing that makes it easy to spot the hit box detection values in a game. But Konami typoed in their code! The boring armored suits that just walk back and forth in CV3 have a 1 pixel larger hit box than other enemies when checking for walls. The left bounds are x-9 and the right bounds are x+8. (F7 and 8)

Shame on you Konami! I expected better than this.  >:(
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: KONAMI TYPO IN CV3! They ARE human after all!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 11:43:47 PM »
+2
In 8-bit programming, the inverse of 8 is F8.

8 ^ FF + 1

Knowing that makes it easy to spot the hit box detection values in a game. But Konami typoed in their code! The boring armored suits that just walk back and forth in CV3 have a 1 pixel larger hit box than other enemies when checking for walls. The left bounds are x-9 and the right bounds are x+8. (F7 and 8)

Shame on you Konami! I expected better than this.  >:(
Ehm... congratulations..??...

So armored suits are 1 pixel more vulnerable perhaps they are hurt by a close wind stream I dunno.

IDK what are we suppposed to say lol

Everything comes full circle

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 12:20:15 AM »
...and all those years CVIII was my favorite NES game. It's the end of an era for sure.  ;D

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 10:35:29 AM »
I'd have to say Congratulations!! You found an error that Konami's staff had let slip by for almost 30 years!  ;)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Tags: