Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Did you notice?  (Read 36615 times)

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Did you notice?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 01:32:49 AM »
The problem with your "argument" is it has nothing to do with the topic. You're still not explaining how it's unrealistic to have warrior women, when you consider all the ridiculous things that we're supposed to believe in say Castlevania.

And there is no way you have fucking tested 99% of either sex to make that statement.

Also where's the proof of this boxer thing?

Also, I posted Sophitia because that art is gorgeous. And also Cervantes was possessed by the power of Soul Edge. Maybe Siegfried was chosen by the sword because his resolve is weaker? Afterall HE became Nightmare. Also, Cassandra wishes she were as cool as her big sister.

Also don't you learn anything from martial arts? It's not about the strength: it's about the efficiency in which a given person's body is used. Since boxing has strict rules, I'm not sure it's the best place to compare.

My point is: this really is a subjective argument and you're trying to make it fact. Especially since the definition of warrior is always changing.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2008, 01:59:53 AM »
you don't really use martial arts to swing a sword that's as large as your body though. :P :o

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2008, 02:01:27 AM »
What? Cloud doesn't know martial arts. Remember? Zach did everything.

And BTW, real martial artists don't have to.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2008, 02:30:08 AM »
yeah but i mean, stereotypical videogame warriors always use large swords or axes. you don't use martial arts to wield those.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2008, 04:46:22 AM »
My god, did Sophitia's breast grow like 100 inches or something? Those are gonna sag like mad in the future games >.>

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2008, 05:34:52 AM »
Also:

I take it a bra is her only weakness.

Man, Simon's wife in Haunted Castle only had the powers that being a bride brings.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline fallenangel86

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2008, 10:45:51 AM »
hmm...not sure about that giant sword thing. guts(berserk) learned the same way someone uses a regular sword. thing is, since he was 6 when he started learning, he was always used to the sword

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2008, 12:33:42 PM »
In Reply To #16
I am merely stating why I prefer males in the role of warrior.  I don't think it destroys the series if they make if female.  And you still are not understanding the principal of suspension of disbelief.  It is far easier to swallow a huge jacked armored man fighting werewolves and vampires than a woman.  Unless there is magic, and in that case it doesn't matter.  I will find the youtube clip of the boxing match, and I don't have to test 99%, it is a known fact that men are superior in almost all physical activity to women.  Do you really not know this?  It does matter which man and which woman you're talking about, but there will never, has never been a time when the most able fighter in any region was a woman.  It's just one thing men are genetically superior in.  Both sexes have superior qualities in every species.  Denying this is arguing against nature.

And about Siegfried... Sou Edge did not "choose him" it tried to kill him, it chose Cervantes, Siegfried defeated it.

And he had much MUCH more resolve than Sophitia.  He WILLINGLY killed hundreds with Soul Edge before becoming Nightmare in a deal with the sword to resurrect his father.  Even though taking lives hurt him extremely badly, he had the resolve to do what he thought he had to to revive his father.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2008, 01:07:50 PM »
Oh, so Siegfried's a total ass then? Who the fuck kills 100s just to selfishly revive their father? Also I musta been thinking about Soul Calibur then. That's when Siegfried becomes Nightmare.

Also, yeah it seems all the women's breasts in SC just get bigger and bigger. As much as I like the art itself, the proportioning system this artist is going by is getting ridiculous even for anime. Sophitia never had a rack like that before, and unless what she eats is all going to her boobs, it makes no sense that she looks like that now.

It's hard for me not to call his art gratuitously sexist now. He not only has them wear less with each outing, he grows their breasts so they popout even more outrageously from what little cloth is already there. And you really need no more proof than how he has Taki's nipples poke through her spandex (let alone that this is a Japanese woman with a double-D cupsize).

I bet the only thing Sophitia is crying about in that picture is how bad her back hurts. O_O

At least Hilde and Ashlotte have decent outfits.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 01:10:47 PM by A N T R A X X »

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2008, 01:21:07 PM »
In Reply To #24
He killed his father, and went insane from it.  Siegfried is crazy from soul blade, all the way through Legends, up to the end of Soul Calibur.  He does become nightmare at the end of Soul Blade, but in Legends it explains that the sword did not take him over until a while later.

And yes, the breasts are getting insane, Ivy, and Taki are the craziest.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2008, 01:29:19 PM »
In Reply To #16
I am merely stating why I prefer males in the role of warrior.

Z.I.R.

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2008, 01:44:43 PM »
Alexc2808, please stop misstating your own chauvinistic opinions as genuine facts, or at least come up with some cites to back them.

EDIT by Moderation: Yeah don't do that, we will not have any of that.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 02:16:37 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2008, 01:49:34 PM »
In Reply To #26
Yes I prefer it.  But it is a fact that it makes more sense.  You need look no further than history.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2008, 01:51:05 PM »
In Reply To #27
Saying it is a fact that men have a superior genetic ability to build muscle is not sexist.  Please don't attack me.  I have stated over and over that i do not think either sex is better.  I say they both have traits better than the other.  That's not sexist, it's just the truth.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 01:52:36 PM by Alexc2808 »
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2008, 03:46:35 PM »
In Reply To #29

But it doesn't rule them out. When you say something like "more realistic" about a sex doing something better in a game with vampires and werewolves, it doesn't make much sense.

Tags:

anything