Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: How easy is it for Soma to be killed?  (Read 2490 times)

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
How easy is it for Soma to be killed?
« on: September 05, 2008, 03:06:04 PM »
Yes, you read it right.  I'm asking how easy it is for certain more intelligent enemies to kill Soma.  I bring this up because in DoS Dimitri says something that didn't exactly make sense to me.  Basically, in the Garden of Madness, after you beat Aguni, there is a scene with Celia who appears to kill Mina.  However, if you are wearing Mina's talisman, Arikado shows up saying that it was really a doppleganer.  At which point Dimitri's soul leaves Soma's body and uses the dead Doppleganer as his new body.  He then says something curious.  Basically, he asks Arikado if he would like to be addressed by his real name and then tells Arikado not to take a step or Soma would die.
This got me thinking.  If Soma was to hear Arikado's real name, would he really die.  Assuming that is true, what would actually happen to Soma?  Also, if this is true then why don't more intelligent enemies like Death try to kill Soma in this way.  For all we know, doing this would cause Soma to revert back to his previous life in which he was Count Dracula, the Lord of Darkness.

What do all of you think?  Am I on to something or am I just nuts?  I really hope that I'm not nuts.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: How easy is it for Soma to be killed?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 07:40:08 PM »
In Reply To #1

Er...I think the "don't take a step or Soma will die" has nothing to do with Arikado's true name. I think he's just saying that because Soma is incapcitated, and if Alucard so much as takes one step, Dimitri will slit his throat or something. Mayhap I am the crazy one, though. Prunyuu~

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline semianonymous

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 09:33:09 PM »
In Reply To #1

Uh, I think gunlord is right, I think its just, "make one step and I'll blast him with some epic power I have" sort of threat

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 12:20:27 AM »
I keeld him.

Easy peasy.

Move on.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 10:55:20 AM »
Well, as I said, these were some thoughts that I had when I read the dialogue in that scene.
Behold my power and tremble

Tags: