Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Belmont Theory (LoS)  (Read 17700 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« on: November 18, 2011, 02:12:46 AM »
in LoI timeline Dracula was the initial cause of Leon CURSING his bloodline to hunt the creatures of the night as well as attempt to vanquish the immortal Dracula.
All the Belmonts are of Blood relation and stray into Reinhardt and the Morris Families.

Now, in LoS Timeline, Dracula is Belmont, no longer being used as a clan surname but as a title.

THEORY TIME!
Dracula now living a self-hating existance wants to share his despair amonst the other Creatures of the night. He Encounters a young man named (I'm going with Leon) Leon and teaches all the skills needed and passes the Title Belmont and the Vampire Killer Combat Cross to him.

Generations Pass as Each Belmont Passes his experience and Fabled weapon to the next successor to successor in a Batman/Assassin's Creed sort of fashion.

Possible that Dracula searches a Successor worthy of killing him to allow him to rest 100 years, but puts up a fight to ensure the Belmont to be able to defeat even the strongest Dark Lord!

This can also go into Fan Stuff because this comes from a personal Classic-LoS adaption Story-or-Comic.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: New Belmont Theory (LoS)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 02:47:51 AM »
Your theory already has glaring flaws
At the end of Resurrection not only did Gabriel shatter the combat cross with his bare hands but the only thing he looked like sharing was malice. I wonder just how many people who claim to accept LOS are still holding out for a alternate line of Belmonts.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 04:05:17 PM by C Belmont »

Offline Phil Belmont

• Hunter in Training
  • In Castle Center
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 03:05:42 AM »
Maybe Gabriel is not a Belmont at all.... Since he was adopted and they say that he could be a Cronquvist  ;)

Offline Arma

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My, currently outdated, blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 06:16:07 AM »
Now, in LoS Timeline, Dracula is Belmont, no longer being used as a clan surname but as a title.

Didn't know that since I haven't played that game. I must say it sounds like a novelistic plot twist. Lords of Shadow is getting a sequel isn't it? Hope they throw some light on the plot with the new game. I don't really like the idea of a suicidal villain and a clan that is ultimately bitting the hand the feeds them so I hope they don't go that way.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 06:21:42 AM by Arma »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 06:43:27 AM »
I've always had a theory about the Belmont clan ever since I finished the game but it sounded kinda stupid so I never said anything but since this is theory time I might as well say it:

What if Brotherhood of light renamed itself "The Belmont clan" in rememberance of Gabriel, who had presumably died after the curse was lifted? Remember, after Gabriel defeated Satan he went directly back to the castle to help Laura kill the Forgotton One instead of returing to the brotherhood. So the brotherhood renames themselves as "The Belmont clan" in honor of their fallen comrade and every member takes on the surname "Belmont" in his memory as the savior of humanity, little do they know that the savior has become the destroyer.

I know it sounds silly but then again so did the main plot so I can see Mercurysteam going this route.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 06:46:22 AM by Kingshango »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 10:51:15 AM »
What if Brotherhood of light renamed itself "The Belmont clan" in rememberance of Gabriel, who had presumably died after the curse was lifted? Remember, after Gabriel defeated Satan he went directly back to the castle to help Laura kill the Forgotton One instead of returing to the brotherhood. So the brotherhood renames themselves as "The Belmont clan" in honor of their fallen comrade and every member takes on the surname "Belmont" in his memory as the savior of humanity, little do they know that the savior has become the destroyer.

I know it sounds silly but then again so did the main plot so I can see Mercurysteam going this route.

This doesn't sound silly at all. In fact it's very plausible. Interesting theory Kingshango.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 11:20:19 AM »
Okay I feel that this thinking of belmont title is much.. For all we know Gabriel and Marie had a child that being takecare of by a nanny from the brotherhood or something (they brought in Gabriel as a kid so I see this as very possible).let's say Leon in this case he finds out that his father (Gabriel) has become evi. Leonl use his girlfriend Sara in this case to power up the new better improved combat cross(vampire killer) since Gabriel made the combat cross look like nothing (really the combat cross is pathetic he crushed it so easy). Then after that his son Leon would give his speech about how his mom would never want his dad to do this and that and become evil and going against God and announce that he and his lineage would hunt down Drac for the rest of his days. I can see this happening that belmont being a title but this is just one view on it.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 12:07:12 PM »
At the end of Resurrection not only did Gabriel shatter the combat cross with his bear hands but the only thing he looked like sharing was malice. I wonder just how many people who claim to accept LOS are still holding out for a alternate line of Belmonts.
Gabriel shatter the combat cross with his bear hands

with his bear hands

bear hands
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 04:04:56 PM »
So I'm not a terribly great speller,what's that got to do with LOS exactly?

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 08:06:07 PM »
Okay I feel that this thinking of belmont title is much.. For all we know Gabriel and Marie had a child that being takecare of by a nanny from the brotherhood or something (they brought in Gabriel as a kid so I see this as very possible).let's say Leon in this case he finds out that his father (Gabriel) has become evi. Leonl use his girlfriend Sara in this case to power up the new better improved combat cross(vampire killer) since Gabriel made the combat cross look like nothing (really the combat cross is pathetic he crushed it so easy). Then after that his son Leon would give his speech about how his mom would never want his dad to do this and that and become evil and going against God and announce that he and his lineage would hunt down Drac for the rest of his days. I can see this happening that belmont being a title but this is just one view on it.

So essentially, "Leon Belmont" becomes the Alcuard for this timeline.  This is an ok idea, but I like Kingshargo's theory better.

I've always had a theory about the Belmont clan ever since I finished the game but it sounded kinda stupid so I never said anything but since this is theory time I might as well say it:

I could see them going this route too.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 08:43:22 PM »
Hmm both sound interesting but I wonder if they can come up with a plot that is NOT predictable and not batshit retarded for the sequel.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 10:08:06 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks Trying to Reinstall the Belmont Clan is both stupid and overly predictable?
Reboot story, what next? do the same shit for the next 20 years.

Belmont Being a title would make more sense and has a better chance for adding both new and classic characters.

At the end of Resurrection not only did Gabriel shatter the combat cross with his bare hands but the only thing he looked like sharing was malice. I wonder just how many people who claim to accept LOS are still holding out for a alternate line of Belmonts.

Your point has one glaring flaw too...
Who Said Gabriel had the ONLY Combat Cross?

Vampire Killer is just a Fully Upgraded combat cross with the stake attachment, Hell there HAS to be more Combat Crosses or else the upgrades wouldn't exist.

As for Dracula being good or whatever, I base this on the end of LoS where Gabe is revealed to be Dracula and both not very thrilled about it either.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 10:11:12 PM »

I don't think that sounds like a bad idea at all. That's a pretty good concept for the LoS storyline.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2011, 10:31:25 PM »
So I'm not a terribly great speller,what's that got to do with LOS exactly?

You have no sense of humor.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Phil Belmont

• Hunter in Training
  • In Castle Center
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 02:09:26 AM »
Am I the only one who thinks Trying to Reinstall the Belmont Clan is both stupid and overly predictable?
Reboot story, what next? do the same shit for the next 20 years.

Belmont Being a title would make more sense and has a better chance for adding both new and classic characters.

Your point has one glaring flaw too...
Who Said Gabriel had the ONLY Combat Cross?

Vampire Killer is just a Fully Upgraded combat cross with the stake attachment, Hell there HAS to be more Combat Crosses or else the upgrades wouldn't exist.

As for Dracula being good or whatever, I base this on the end of LoS where Gabe is revealed to be Dracula and both not very thrilled about it either.

In Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, The New Hero (a Belmont) Could Collect all Parts of the Combat Cross to Destroy Dracula. :D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:15:09 AM by Phil Belmont »

Tags:

anything