Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Belmont Theory (LoS)  (Read 17706 times)

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 04:09:34 AM »
Are you suggesting they do the same as before only slightly different?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 12:21:38 PM »
I fail to see how. Gabriel left it's remains in that place where he fought Forgotten one.

Only real option is for Gandolfi to finally make his appearance and create a new whip.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 02:24:17 PM »
I fail to see how. Gabriel left it's remains in that place where he fought Forgotten one.

Only real option is for Gandolfi to finally make his appearance and create a new whip.

*Slaps forehead*

This isn't LoI where Only 1 whip was ever made, even when you play through LoS you get parts of the Combat cross from fallen members who had combat crosses too.

I garantee there are at least 10 more Combat Crosses or more given the undefined number of members remaining in the Brotherhood.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2011, 03:42:16 PM »
It was said in game I believe, that there was only ever 1 Combat Cross. Gabe was the only one to actually attempt to use it. He made OTHER weapons for the Brotherhood, but the Cross was a singular weapon.

Many of Gandolfi's upgrade designs were rejected by the Brotherhood for being too cruel, (such as the spiked chain) But he made them anyway, and hid them within Brotherhood Mausoleums. I recall that Gabriel was pretty much prophesied as a warrior who would kill the lords. So he hid them in hopes the prophesied warrior would find them and use them.

Besides, it cheapens the significance and worth of the Combat Cross if its "Just another chain whip" of a "series of chain whips".

Understand that Special and uniquely crafted items like the Combat Cross are usually 1 time items. irreplaceable works of art.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 03:44:42 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2011, 04:00:53 PM »
It was said in game I believe, that there was only ever 1 Combat Cross. Gabe was the only one to actually attempt to use it. He made OTHER weapons for the Brotherhood, but the Cross was a singular weapon.

Many of Gandolfi's upgrade designs were rejected by the Brotherhood for being too cruel, (such as the spiked chain) But he made them anyway, and hid them within Brotherhood Mausoleums. I recall that Gabriel was pretty much prophesied as a warrior who would kill the lords. So he hid them in hopes the prophesied warrior would find them and use them.

Besides, it cheapens the significance and worth of the Combat Cross if its "Just another chain whip" of a "series of chain whips".

Understand that Special and uniquely crafted items like the Combat Cross are usually 1 time items. irreplaceable works of art.

In that case you're right, Rinaldo needs to get off his ass and make another combat cross, or even combat cross 2.0 with Grapple Gun functions.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2011, 04:34:01 PM »
Maybe Rinaldo made one more weapon after he made the Combat Cross, or was that the last known weapon he had made?

Hopefully he made another whip, not a Combat Cross but a regular whip(or a morning star) as his final weapon.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2011, 04:49:10 PM »
lets hope so, Kingshango.. lets hope so...

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Re: New Belmont Theory (LoS)
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2011, 04:49:19 PM »
In that case you're right, Rinaldo needs to get off his ass and make another combat cross, or even combat cross 2.0 with Grapple Gun functions

what for? Dracula could just break that one too
& isn't Rinaldo only responsible for all the modifications to the Combat cross not it's actual creation?

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2011, 05:00:48 PM »
The Combat Cross is a Rinaldo Creation.

Come on. Why would they have a chainw hip weapon, Rinaldo, and NOT make it his creation? That would be dense. its the ONLY reason Rinaldo exists in the Castlevania Mythos. to make a whip. In LoI he made Vampire Killer. in LoS, he made the Combat Cross. And will possibly make another whip the next game. *Possibly*

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2011, 05:10:21 PM »
That would be dense.

That would not also make any sense. What if the Poltergeist King shows up hm?

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Re: New Belmont Theory (LoS)
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2011, 05:10:59 PM »
Well the Castlevania wiki seems to indicate that he wasn't responsible for the body, which would probably need to have already been designed to hold some kind of chain since it's retractable, extendable or whatever you call it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 05:12:57 PM by C Belmont »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2011, 05:44:23 PM »
First off, the reason that Belmont should be a Title rather than a Clan is simple, Belmont can be for those who CHOOSE to Hunt the Creatures of the night with the Combat cross as opposed to the Original's "You HAVE to do it, it's your duty!"

Combat Cross > Vampire Killer
Combat Cross is an elaborate weapon as opposed to the Vampire Killer's Magic (We don't hgave to explain shit cause it's magic!)
the major Flaw with the vampire killer is two things, How exacly does trapping someone's soul make it more effective against the souless. and two, there has to be some negative consequence of using this weapon, and it's never explained why the Belmonts are entitled to be the Only ones that can use the whip.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2011, 06:21:01 PM »
Vampires in Castlevania have souls like any other being. It's how Mathias became Dracula. By taking Walter's vampire soul.

Sarah likewise, was doomed to become a vampire, so her cursed vampire soul was fused with an already powerful alchemic weapon to use against vampires. Basically, fight vampire with vampire. Her vampire soul makes the whip effective against Vampires. Though its not explained how that works.

There are no ill effects on Belmonts.

I imagine it doesnt work for others because the whip's soul is bonded to Belmonts. The ritual that bonded Sarah's soul to the whip involved "A tainted soul" that trusted Leon, and whom Leon could trust. Threfore, that "trust", that connection, passes down the Belmont line.

Not to mention the Belmonts have supernatural power in their blood. It's the reason They were exiled from Wallachia before Castlevania 3's events. Juste even came out a magic wielder.

Others probably dont have that benefit, depending on how far from the Belmont line they are. Reineardt, for example, has no trouble using the whip despite being a Schneider. the Morrises however, cannot use it's full power, and it drains their life force if they do manage to.

Of course, CV 64 was retconned, so...

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2011, 06:46:04 PM »
that's still a very vague reason why a family can use a whip that was soul-bound by a forefather.

and yet again, where are the drawbacks? trapping a poor woman's soul in a whip forever for the ultimate weapon of destroying evil has to have a catch.

Offline jestercolony

• Slow Silence
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2011, 07:05:53 PM »
In that case you're right, Rinaldo needs to get off his ass and make another combat cross, or even combat cross 2.0 with Grapple Gun functions.

^- Win. Please make sure to have Quad Plasma bullets. :)

Now keep in mind this is only speculation and observation as a writer, reader and plot analyst -

At the end of Resurrection, Gabriel only destroys the hilt of the weapon in the dimensional prison. In order to get in to these events, he and Laura used the infernal time machine created by the mad scientist. Now to clean up this mess, one of the posters (who's name I had forgotten) had stated one of two outcomes that are speculation and agreeable.

1.With the use of the time machine Gabriel and Laura go back through time. As they are at the prison, the “future” Gabriel is already fighting the Dark Lady. The reason why I state this is that if you read the scrolls, one of the soldiers of the Brotherhood state that the “Lord of Necromancers” some how tampers with the seal that locked away his blood orb (hence why we have to do the portal puzzle.)
2.The second out to this is that it only restores that portion of the prison (which a poster has stated.)

Now about the Combat Cross itself as I was speaking about before – if you read the description of the upgrade itself it will state the following:

“Rinaldo Gandoffi built two different chains for the Combat Cross, but one was never approved by the Brotherhood, for other reasons. The elders thought that the spikes were too cruel for the holy measure of the weapon. However, instead of destroying it, the artisian hid the links in one of the old mausoleum of the Order, believing that one day it might be needed.”

This is just half of the quotation taken from the actual game's description.  Two chains? Let me get this straight, if I had read this correctly: perhaps there is another “Chain” in which we never got or perhaps it is speaking on behalf of the current  chain in which we start with.  One thing is for certain, the whip will be reconstructed because the Hilt was only destroyed – we did not in fact see any remains of the chain itself when the weapon was shattered.

Secondly, if my theory is correct with theory 1 stated above, I assume that the “original” chain is locked away in the dimensional prison, in which it may be so that Gandoffi himself or another “Belmont” (if there is one) will reclaim it and the true Vampire Killer will be (re)born. But what puzzles me more is the "second" chain mentioned in the upgrade's description.

that's still a very vague reason why a family can use a whip that was soul-bound by a forefather.

and yet again, where are the drawbacks? trapping a poor woman's soul in a whip forever for the ultimate weapon of destroying evil has to have a catch.

What took place in LoI's forming of the Vampire Killer was the first law of Alchemy, The Act of equal exchange.  As the post stated above, the whip needed a tainted soul in order to reach its full potential. Then of course we have the "Trust" foundation between Leon and Sara. Basically in a sense - a soul, for a soul. Life for death, death for life...etc...etc. (:

« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 07:09:00 PM by jestercolony »

Tags: