Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What abilities/moves do YOU want to see in LoS2?  (Read 6910 times)

Offline Trevorcard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: What abilities/moves do YOU want to see in LoS2?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 03:30:03 AM »
Summon familiars like the innocent devils of Curse of Darkness or the Darklings of the Darkness games.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 06:56:19 PM »
I know it won't happen, but...I want to be able to finally swim.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 07:07:11 PM »
You can swim in MoF.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 07:45:08 PM »
Haven't played MoF. No 3DS, sadly.

And you can swim in Aria/Dawn and Symphony, too, but holes filled with water seem to be the Belmonts' number one enemy.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 08:29:02 PM »
+4
Haven't played MoF. No 3DS, sadly.

And you can swim in Aria/Dawn and Symphony, too, but holes filled with water seem to be the Belmonts' number one enemy.
I actually have a theory about that. It is based on how the whip was completed in LoI. To turn the Whip of Alchemy into the Vampire Killer, Leon had to go through a ritual in which he needed someone tainted by a vampire (Sara). My theory is that because of that ritual not only was the whip completed, but Leon was also granted the power to compete with vampires on near equal footing by giving some vampiric power which is passed on to his descendants. Don't believe me? How else was Trevor able to survive being stabbed by Issac in CoD. Yes, he nearly died, but I heard something about him getting up and leaving the following day. Any normal human would have died. And, if by some miracle they survived, they would be bedridden for a while. Hell, in real life, despite our advanced health care, people who are stabbed in that area are still in intensive care for a few days. Hence, why I think the Belmonts have some vampiric power. Well, at least in terms of surviving wounds and healing. And, if this is the case, I believe the price for all of this is not being able to swim. After all, in most of the vampire lore I know, vampires have issues with water. Thus, if the Belmonts indeed have even a small amount of vampiric power, this could account for the lack of swimming.

Don't kill me, but this is something that popped into my head when I heard that Trevor walked away after being stabbed like that in CoD. Then again, it's only something I heard from someone so I can't say if that's the case. If it isn't, then maybe my theory is wrong. But still, the fact that the Belmonts can't seem to swim and that ritual makes wonder....
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 08:41:07 PM »
I'd buy that theory. It makes about as much sense as the rest of the canon plotline.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 10:10:30 PM »
+1
That actually is a pretty good theory and it would jive with the people of Walachia becoming afraid of the clan to the point of having banished them until they were neck deep in shit upon the rise of Dracula in the 1400s.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2013, 10:52:23 PM »
I know it won't happen, but...I want to be able to finally swim.

NONSENSE. He wouldn't be a proper Belmont if he didn't drown upon touching a puddle.

Also, he's a Vampire, so he couldn't cross running water either. So he's DOUBLE whammied.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 07:35:46 AM »
+1
I'd buy that theory. It makes about as much sense as the rest of the canon plotline.
That actually is a pretty good theory and it would jive with the people of Walachia becoming afraid of the clan to the point of having banished them until they were neck deep in shit upon the rise of Dracula in the 1400s.
Wow!!! Just....Wow!!! I'm surprised that you guys would actually buy my theory. I thought for sure that everyone would say that I'm full of crap and my theory was blasphemy. Thanks for the support.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2013, 01:05:44 PM »
No way, it was a great theory.
You should write the next game!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2013, 02:00:51 PM »
+1
If you're the top of the heap undead monster boss guy, then you should be able to summon monsters to fight for you. 

And you should be able to make them do the Thriller Dance. 

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 08:52:36 AM »
I really think re animation of corpses would be great.
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2013, 12:30:27 PM »
Yeah, having some sort of necromantic ability would be kind of cool, but 1) most of the enemies seem to explode when you kill them and 2) isn't necromancy Zobek's shtick?

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2013, 03:22:46 PM »
Maybe you could bite or mesmerize  an enemy and temporarily put them under your control. 

Tags: