Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Post your idea for next CV game!  (Read 11467 times)

CV_Fan_X

Post your idea for next CV game!
« on: March 24, 2008, 04:05:49 PM »
I was just wondering what the people think the next Castlevania game should be, and what system it would be for. Here is the game I would create.

Castlevania: Finality of Sorrow
For: DS

The third game in the sorrow series, ends the sorrow series. Castlevania mysteriously appears in rural Japan. Soma, Julius, Hammer, Mina, and Yoko go to investigate. Arikado/Alucard is missing. You play as Soma, and switch to Julius and Hammer. Yoko mantains shop, and soul to weapon combine. You find quickly that Arikado is the bad guy in this game, and that he has abbducted Mina. You go through the castle, and eventually get to the throne. Arikado is in his close from SoTN. You defeat Arikado, but do not kill him. After he has been defeated, a black smog drifts out of his body. The smog materializes, and it turns out that Graham (from AoTS) didn't die and that he was behind the cult in DoS and had corrupted Arikado to get Dracula's true powers. You defeat Graham and the game ends. Upon beating the game, you unlock a bonus "Graham Mode" and a "Evil Soma Mode" where Soma has different powers and a different storyline. His clothes are a black overjacket, red shirt, and black jeans. Graham's mode has his own storyline as well, and is a prequel to AoTS, so it has a completely different setting.                           

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 04:29:59 PM »
The next Castlevania game should be: Worth playing, worth viewing, worth hearing, and worth owning.
- If it's on the DS, it should follow the trend set forth by its predecessors.

Anyway, I do agree that a future DS title would end the Sorrow storyline for Soma. The big issue though is how many fans of the series seem to want to actually see the little guy *fail* in his fight against his inner darkness and succumb to the power of the dark lord. So, with that in mind, I would say scrap the concept of Arikado as even a faux villain and leave out Graham and other dark lord candidates entirely (unless they could return as controllable souls to be overcome and mastered). Hammer can and should commit self-sacrifice for the greater good and for the sake of his friends. And Mina should play a much more prominently active role (for once). Selected souls should be able to be combined with others for different effects (not always beneficial either) while assorted pieces of armor and weapons should somehow become more uniquely affected by them. Lame manga-inspired dialogue should be kept to a minimum and there should be more places to explore than just the castle. And please bring back an inspiring castle, because Portrait's oddly designed digs were seriously lacking.

That said, whether Soma's good or evil in the game his final struggle should be internal, and Julius must have a hand in ending the boy's torment once and for all. And if the only way for Soma to admit he has feelings for the girl in his life is in her cliched death, then So F***ing Be It. Just end this anime excursion into the Demon Castle so we can go home and move on to the next trilogy.

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 10:03:04 PM »
Castlevania V: The Bloodletting (DS)- Created by WayForward, the developers behind the critically acclaimed Contra 4, The Bloodletting is Konami's newest entry into the 20-year old bat whipping franchise. Players take the role of some Belmont family member and jump, whip, and swing their way through 16 stages, each with totally awesome 2D designs and branching paths.

...Yeah, it'll never happen. But a man can dream, can't he?

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 08:54:04 AM »
I would like to see a remake of castlevania belmont's revenge the same style as Circle of The Moon.

Before you start rushing at me, first hear what i have to say: Circle was a different castlevania from all others and i believe that if it was having better graphics and even music, that game could have been far better!

All i want to say is that a remake of belmont's revenge with a similliar game play style would have been interesting for a change. I' m not saying that it should have the same exactly game play, but something like that.

Can you imagine it with graphics the same quality as symphony or even better and that style of game play?

Also i don't care which console it would have been as long as it was going to get reality.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 09:35:43 AM »
Castlevania resurrection

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 11:22:45 AM »
Castlevania resurrection

I totally agree with you! ;)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 12:20:32 PM »
Castlevania resurrection
Ugh....if they went through with Resurrection  I would be so upset with Konami. Not only does it take lame now non-existing Belmont, Sonia, from the past, but it also takes made up, whiny pussy Belmont, Victor ( I don't want to be a Belmont), from the future and put them in the year 1666, which is such a cheesy year to use, and make you play as one of them. I think Resurrection  should lye dead where it is, never to show its ugly face, and never be mentioned again...

Although, maybe it should have been made, this way people wouldn't bitch about PoR as much!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 12:22:25 PM by profbeanburrito »
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 02:29:53 PM »
I agree. Had they DRASTICALLY changed the premise, nix Sonia, nix the time traveling, set it in the 1800s, keep Victor yet change his backstory AND design(make him less Tim Curry, more traditional Belmont), maybe that would've been interesting. I mean, Victor Belmont is a nice name. Keep it. As it was, the designs were terrible. Horse-jawed women and awkward looking guys.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Re: Post your idea for next CV game!
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 02:35:27 PM »
Dracula's wife looked awesome. Straight out of a Disney movie. D:
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 04:17:04 PM »
Dracula's wife looked awesome. Straight out of a Disney movie. D:
nothing was said about it except that it was a render for a female dracula, I mean who said he had to be resurrected as a man each time? maybe shaft messed up a spell or something, those things never happen while they actually should since people do make mistakes :P also, resurrection had a nice concept that still looked sucky in general but that's basicly because it didn't get time to fully develop now did it?

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 05:37:37 PM »
Graphically I don't care how it looked. It was supposed to be an early release DC game. Castlevania 64's graphics weren't great but I love that game....it's just the awful, awful ideas behind that game.

There's not a single Castlevania game I hate, and even though Legends has Sonia, the games not terrible, but if Resurrection would have come out to be the garbage it's said to be, I would most definitely have hated it
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline James Belmont

• Dude
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 06:32:58 PM »
Castlevania 5 - Simon Returns

Okay, seriously, here's my idea...

Castlevania: Symphony of Twilight
Plot: Nearing the turn of the 20th century, In Paris, a young Opera Star is kidnapped and taken deep below the Opera Garnier by a vampire, and into the newly risen Castlevania, which sits across a vast underground lake. Sleeping within the castle is Dracula himself, waiting for a sacrifice that may return him to the world. Her only hope is a mysterious masked man named Erik, who wields the whip known as the Vampire Killer.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Re: Post your idea for next CV game!
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 06:38:47 PM »
nothing was said about it except that it was a render for a female dracula, I mean who said he had to be resurrected as a man each time? maybe shaft messed up a spell or something, those things never happen while they actually should since people do make mistakes :P also, resurrection had a nice concept that still looked sucky in general but that's basicly because it didn't get time to fully develop now did it?

From its humble section on this site:
"The year is 1666. Dracula has returned to threaten the mortal world! Summoning all of the power of Hell, the dark countess of Castlevania has created a portal allowing Dracula to re-enter the material plane.

Taken from the official website as well, when it still existed. The Countess was a seperate person from Dracula. No transgender vampire for you. D:

I dunno, the idea of time travel sounds like crap in my opinion. Granted, so does the thought of playing as a high school guy who goes to the Castle through a Shinto shrine gate, where the Castle is now stuck in an eclipse, but it worked somehow.

---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline jimmay17

• "Naysayer"
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 08:22:12 PM »
I'd like to see a sequel to Symphony of the Night, in glorious 2d of course, and I'd prefer it on the PSP. I've replayed a lot of the recent Castlevanias in the last two months (Harmony, Dracula X Chronicles, Aria, Dawn, Portrait, Symphony), and there really is an epic feel inherent to Symphony that all its followers have glaringly missed by a mile. It's difficult to adequately qualify, but SoTN just feels, looks, plays, and sounds miles apart from the subsequent entries.  I'd like to see Konami try to truly recapture that magic, and I'd like it to look and sound as good as possible, which is why I'd prefer it on the PSP rather than the DS; but, if Konami can figure out how to really push the DS hardware better than they've done so far (and I mean a lot better), I wouldn't mind seeing it there either.
If I forgot "everything I knew about Castlevania" I certainly wouldn't be excited about a new one coming out now would I?

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 06:14:43 AM »
I want it to star Simon again, but in new adventure.

Tags: