Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Post your idea for next CV game!  (Read 11465 times)

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2008, 10:29:27 AM »
Yeah but how many of the side characters got their own games? We have Alucard who evolved from an addon in cv3 into main protagonist, but that's it. He had potential for a new hero, seeing as he's a vampire and a son of Drac, but Maria's hardly special enough.

The only way to see that would be to make it yourself. You can grab her dxc sprites from my site, and the crappy nitm ones from anapan's. The effects for her subweapons I'd have to send since only a guy called gemini ripped them, but he has no real place where he hosts it as far as I remember.

Yeah, maybe, but she's still awesome. I've had more fun playing as her than any other character in the series. She was the first to have a double jump and slide, after all. That makes her extremely important in my eyes. And I have no idea how to make a game. I was lucky enough to be able to move a sprite across a screen through multiple rooms in Gamemaker, but thats about it.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2008, 11:17:12 AM »
Hmm, perhaps. Rondo was her best performance, and indeed the first game to include a very mobile and agile hero unlike the other brick heroes.

Psp sotn would've been fine, except from what I hear she's seriously underpowered and lost 2 of her subweapons. Nitm's like megaman in maria's outfit. And pork... well let's not even mention that. :P

You might be interested in this:
http://castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/forums/index.php?topic=276.0

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2008, 04:53:08 PM »
In Reply To #32

Serio, hon, I is curious. What is up with the references to pork in your posts? I'm assuming it's not cuz you're Jewish.

Oh, and uh, idea for a new CV..... hrmm. Well, I can think of a nice bonus game for *after* the main adventure ^_^ Sulaco shows up at the castle, having been interrupted from his solitude by a great disturbance in the force resulting from Castlevania's latest uprising [pun intended] and he just tears through it slaughtering everyone inside simply because he is plain pissed. Never levels up, never has to equip armor or use items. Just plain old fashioned Run The CV Gauntlet gameplay with twisted and gratuitously gory attacks. Dracula and Death would both crap their robes by the end and 'Lac would return to hell to light up a big fat cigar while surrounded by all the CV bitches in existence. - Even a medusa head  ;D The End. "Now turn off this game and go live what remains of your depleting life, foolish mortal." Heee!

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2008, 10:18:31 AM »
In Reply To #32
Serio, hon, I is curious. What is up with the references to pork in your posts? I'm assuming it's not cuz you're Jewish.
Pork = Portrait of Ruined Kastlevania

a nickname for that crappy game that puts a stain on the good name of castlevania almost as badly as legends. :o

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2008, 02:27:52 PM »
Ahh. Okay, that makes sense. Though I can't say it tainted Castlevania's name for me as badly. Certainly wasn't as bad as Curse or Legends in my book. But oh well.-- *lifts a skewered sausage up* To Pork. Salud.

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2008, 01:00:17 AM »
Level design wise it was the cod in 2d. Copypasta all around, boring uninspired repetitive levels too. It wasn't all flat, but that's cause it's 2d. Curse was a 2d level design in 3d game, so it showed there more.

Also curse's characters were 100x better than pork's. Not overly animeized weeaboo material. :P

[/pork bashing]

in before marty belmont or doctamario

SniperWolf

Re: Post your idea for next CV game!
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2008, 10:48:05 PM »
In Reply To #1

I had the exact same IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!
exept mina wasnt missing.
and alucard was being controled by shaft
(I was trying to think of some weird twist)

but I had ideas of like making soma switch between him and yoko or something like that.(kind of like jonathan and charlotte)

SniperWolf

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2008, 11:00:50 PM »
In Reply To #1

I also wanted to add(i forgot in the first post)

that there would be a cool battle between soma and alucard in the beginning (kind of like the first stage in sotn)

and when u win, alucard just leaves but he uses soul steal first, and takes away all of soma's souls (I would use this as an excuse for making start from scratch again)

SniperWolf

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2008, 11:05:30 PM »
one more idea (new game)

Don't any of u think it would be fun to play like cotm,hod,aos in a stage by stage way?

i would make cotm like that..
Like seal away all the extra rooms, where there's a save spot just hide a piece of meat in the wall. and were there was breakable walls in the original game, I would put extra lives

Tags:

anything