Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Metroidvanias - Lowest Level to Finish  (Read 6960 times)

McDeath

Metroidvanias - Lowest Level to Finish
« on: April 07, 2008, 09:51:46 AM »
During my spare time I've started to play Circle of the Moon.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 01:10:26 PM by McDeath »

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Metroidvanias - Lowest Level to Finish
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 10:06:09 AM »
40 something, but that was under fighter iirc. on normal around 50 something, he's hard. No question about it.

(I got bad memory tough, so I might be off >.> on my numbers)

oh wait,y ou asked for each, I got too caught up on cotm..... uh...... oh well, i can't remember that many numbers.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 10:29:42 AM by Kale »

Offline olroxshade

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 10:21:23 AM »
Aria of Sorrow for Cellphone, level 6, lol.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 10:18:28 PM »
Level 1. Yeah really, pork was so patheticly easy it can be even beaten on level 1. lol

But really, dunno. I'm not one to like grinding levels, so usually around level 20-30 something, getting levels as i go along.

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 11:17:08 AM »
In Reply To #3

Lots of whipping it good

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 07:51:22 PM »
SOTN - early 30's (could prolly do it in less but I naturally build up to that level as I go)

COTM - 25 on vk mode (not so bad once you get the boss strategy down and   make sure and kill those legion thing's in the final area to get a couple of mega potions)

HOD - 20 (piece of cake)

AOS - mid 30's naturally level up to that much.

DOS - 28 (easy)

POR - 25 (haven't tried beating it w/the sisters on level 1 as I can't find my stylus)

LOI - I think around 20, it's whatever level you naturally get to running through all the dungeons and not getting any items.

COD - 99 cuz I have too much fun w/ the innocent devil forging to have tried beating it at a lower level.

_______________________________________ ______________

McDeath

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 01:24:52 PM »
COTM - 25 on vk mode (not so bad once you get the boss strategy down and

McDeath

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 08:04:44 PM »
I finally beat the game on VK mode (obviously)  Lvl 56.  I used a similar strategy except when you first enter the plane where dracula is I summoned a ghost (yeah, I went looking around and found that blasted saturn card).  When I got ol drac to his last mode of attack I reverted to the summon thunderbird.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 01:43:13 AM »
I finally beat the game on VK mode (obviously)  Lvl 56.  I used a similar strategy except when you first enter the plane where dracula is I summoned a ghost (yeah, I went looking around and found that blasted saturn card).  When I got ol drac to his last mode of attack I reverted to the summon thunderbird.

Drac's really not that hard man, I just super jump over him when he tries to rush me and dodge the poison smoke. When he starts getting beat up and the weak spot hovers around I get hit once in awhile and I might have to use a mega potion. But dodging the rush attack once you get the timing down is cake.

McDeath

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 05:00:45 PM »
I finished Magician Mode yesterday and Fighter Mode today and now I'm on Shooter Mode.  That first dagger you pick up is pretty awesom as it is a homing missile, but what I want to know is if there are any others that do something special.  Thus far I picked up an axe and another dagger and they work as normal.  Anyone play through shooter mode?

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 05:11:14 PM »
In Reply To #6

You don't level up in Lament of Innocence.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 05:36:32 PM »
In Reply To #6

You don't level up in Lament of Innocence.

Yeah you do, you learn more combos and tricks.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 05:46:54 PM »
In Reply To #12

Yeah, but that doesn't mean your HP, MP, DEF, and ATK go up. You just learn new skills. That's like saying you level up in Super Mario Bros. when you pick up a Fire Flower.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 06:05:01 PM »
In Reply To #12

Yeah, but that doesn't mean your HP, MP, DEF, and ATK go up. You just learn new skills. That's like saying you level up in Super Mario Bros. when you pick up a Fire Flower.

well I guess that could be considered leveling up too, I consider it leveling up cuz it increases the total number of moves you can perform. (which is alot, I haven't even gotten them all yet).

McDeath

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 02:24:41 PM »
Finished Shooter Mode a few days ago and today I just finished Thief Mode.  I've only beat the arena in fighter mode.  I think I'll hex edit a few new chars.  I'm going to make a Wimpy mode (using VK) and start him out with solid Zero in stats/hearts.  I had one character get hit and have 0 life and still walk around so I know that part is a possibility.  I'm not sure what 0 str will do, but I'm figuring about 1hp of dmg on the easiest monster.  The other char will be shooter mode and I think I'll just near max the guy (9700 stats or such).  Besides that I guess I can try to beat the game in shortest time and lowest level.

Tags:

anything