Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Prediction for next DS game/Wii game  (Read 4945 times)

Hamm

Prediction for next DS game/Wii game
« on: April 26, 2008, 03:44:10 PM »
Hey all, in light of the rumor in the new EGM about a Wii game and a 3D PS3/X360 game, I just wanted to throw out a thought and get your take.

If you recall, in the Official Timeline that came with Portrait of Ruin, it was mentioned that Iga is working on an explanation of the events of Bloodlines (or something along those lines -- I don't have the actual words in front of me).  With the supposed leaked screenshots of the new DS game showing a female protagonist, I'm wondering if this DS game's story revolves around Elizabeth Bartley.

Furthermore, the leaked screenshot of the title screen suggests some connectivity with the Wii, or a Wii game.  This combined with the EGM rumor makes a strong case for a Castlevania for Wii.  But does the timing make sense for a new game, 2D or not?  Only recently Iga was still saying he was trying to decide which home console to make the next Castlevania for.  Is it not possible, if not likely, that the Wii game is actually just a virtual console title?  And if so, and if the DS game's story is an extension of the Bloodlines story, doesn't it make sense that the Wii game is just Bloodlines on the virtual console?

This is all just speculation, of course, but I thought I'd throw it out there and see people's thoughts.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 07:38:53 PM »
In Reply To #1

Interesting, I'd like to know more about Bartley. It seems as of now she was just a random character. I mean if Dracula had a niec all these years, it's highly unlikely that she never came in contact with any other Belmonts, or even the story of Castlevania.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 09:32:25 PM »
In Reply To #1
I remember this being a topic at Gamefaqs. I believe the poster Phantasium brought this up I think.

The timeline said:

1917 - Castlevania Bloodlines - Enter the legendary, 16th century vampire, Elizabeth Bartley, known also as Dracula's niece. With a sacrificial war necessary to bring Dracula back to life, the outbreak of World War I occurs. Quincy Morris' son, John, and John's friend, Eric, vow to take up the fight against evil. Note from the developer: A secret to explain the reason why a 16th century vampire somehow shows up in the 20th century is now being planned.

I think the idea is split: there are some people that remember PoR saying there was suppose to be two games for the 1999 story. And if the screen shots are real and there is a Wii title in the works, something think the DS title is a prequel of sorts or a game that supports the main 1999 title, which might be the Wii game. (And assuming the leaked screens are real, the woman might be Yoko's mother.)

But I've also heard about this possibly being the Bartley game, since we knew about this idea and I believe the DS title was being worked on before or around the same time as DXC, which could make sense.  And that theory would make sense I guess: the DS title is the story is the reason for Bartely as said and the Wii title could be a virtual (updated?) version of Bloodlines. Kinda seems like a waste though. (Unless it is an update or something...)

I dunno. lmao
---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Re: Prediction for next DS game/Wii game
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 11:18:39 PM »
Your avatar is lurvely, Chibbi. :D

I think that may have been a reference to the Belmont Legacy comic books, though, but as far as I can tell other than having a Bartley it never explained why Liz popped up in Bloodlines. That, and I believe they're not canonical to begin with.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 12:03:23 PM »
as far as I can tell other than having a Bartley it never explained why Liz popped up in Bloodlines.
Her remains were found by a powerful witch Drolta, who then resurrected her. What more do you need?

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Re: Prediction for next DS game/Wii game
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 01:00:46 PM »
Blame the timeline for stating that. >_>
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 02:45:01 PM »
Her remains were found by a powerful witch Drolta, who then resurrected her. What more do you need?

I though that was an accident.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 02:46:31 PM »
I though that was an accident.
It was as much of an accident as Belmonts getting their powers from a poltergeist king. Made up.

The original game's manual said about Drolta resurrecting Bartley intentionally.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 02:50:16 PM »
In Reply To #8

Oh, I see. So by original, you mean Japanese, because I believe this site says acident.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 02:57:18 PM »
Yeah. Many of the english versions of the older japanese games had twisted or even completely made up stories.

I guess back then the gaming industry didn't have good translators, so they were guessing what means what a lot. :o :P

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 05:20:54 PM »
In Reply To #10

Yeah, or they just didn't care enough to translte dirctly, so they threw in a bunch of random crap.

Tags: