Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Akumajou Dracula: Kabuchi no Tsuisoukyoku (Full Translation)  (Read 60905 times)

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
Re: Akumajou Dracula: Kabuchi no Tsuisoukyoku (Full Translation)
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2013, 10:06:43 PM »
+2
Notes:

* demon lord: In AoS and DoS, [Maou] is translated as the [Dark Lord].
* Illusionary Shrine: [Inner Quarters] in AoS.
* Ruined Corridor: [Castle Corridor] in AoS.
* Demon Castle Library: [Study] in AoS.
* Demon Castle’s Top Floor: [Top Floor] in AoS.
* Underground Water Vein: [Underground Reservoir] in AoS.

* in order to play a new canon of reincarnation.
JPCVFAN translated [Tsuisoukyoku] as the [Ricordanza]. Should the title translate it as [Canon of the God's Abyss]?
I don't know a music term well.
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2013, 10:13:08 PM »
+1
Notes:

* Illusionary Shrine: [Inner Quarters] in AoS.
* Ruined Corridor: [Castle Corridor] in AoS.
* Demon Castle Library: [Study] in AoS.
* Demon Castle’s Top Floor: [Top Floor] in AoS.
* Underground Water Vein: [Underground Reservoir] in AoS.

* in order to play a new canon of reincarnation.
JPCVFAN translated [Tsuisoukyoku] as the [Ricordanza]. Should the title translate it as [Canon of the God's Abyss]?
I don't know a music term well.

I changed all [demon lord] to [dark lord].
I won't be changing the locations anymore unless other people demand it, since I believe that the Japanese locations sound prettier. I think the rest can just refer to your AoS equivalent.

As for "in order to play a new canon of reincarnation". I initially thought of the same thing as what you wrote but the kanjis were different. For Ricordanza in the title, the middle kanji was 想 For canon that was used in the ending of the story, it was 走.
Either the author had a typo or he really intended to use canon in the ending.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:26:28 PM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2013, 10:20:43 PM »
+1
I won't be changing the locations individually. I think the rest can just refer to your AoS equivalent.

As for "in order to play a new canon of reincarnation". I initially thought of the same thing as what you wrote but the kanjis were different. For Ricordanza the middle kanji was 想 For canon it is 走.
Either the author had a typo or he really intended to use canon.
I agree.

* When she woke up, she realized that she was hit by a small knife on her nape.
手刀 is knifehand strike.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knifehand_strike
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2013, 10:24:25 PM »
+1
I agree.

* When she woke up, she realized that she was hit by a small knife on her nape.
手刀 is knifehand strike.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knifehand_strike

Oh thank you! I changed it already.
So it was a karate move.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2013, 10:30:22 PM »
I didn't get a lot of parts

- Alucard is no longer around: Perhaps he commited suicide to avoid becoming the Dark Lord?
- Olrox is not part of chaos and can be resurrected by himself. Then why isn't he the lord of the Castle?
- Death is the representation of death but no Death itself, yet he is death?
- Michelle killed Olrox/The legion thing but Julius had to finish the thing without its head?
- Did Yoko and Hammer ever met up?
- Was this castle was just a mirror like Celia's?
- Curtis died but then he didin't perhaps Curtis is Dracula? Or was he revived as God's reward to Michelle?
- The castle can be harmed BY MILITARY WEAPONS WTF

Oh boy I loved the read and I loved revisiting the old canon, but god it needs like 10 more games to be complete.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2013, 10:39:32 PM »
+1
I didn't get a lot of parts

- Alucard is no longer around: Perhaps he commited suicide to avoid becoming the Dark Lord?
- Olrox is not part of chaos and can be resurrected by himself. Then why isn't he the lord of the Castle?
- Death is the representation of death but no Death itself, yet he is death?
- Michelle killed Olrox/The legion thing but Julius had to finish the thing without its head?
- Did Yoko and Hammer ever met up?
- Was this castle was just a mirror like Celia's?
- Curtis died but then he didin't perhaps Curtis is Dracula? Or was he revived as God's reward to Michelle?
- The castle can be harmed BY MILITARY WEAPONS WTF

Oh boy I loved the read and I loved revisiting the old canon, but god it needs like 10 more games to be complete.

-Alucard is alive (perhaps still keeping an eye on Soma) in Japan. He and Soma were supposed to have a dialogue in this novel but the author axed it since his work has gone too long.
-I think all creature of Drac's castle belong to chaos. I think it is the generic term for evil. He can't be the lord because he is not Dracula.
-Death is an enigma. lets leave it at that. There is Death the monster and death the death.
-Michelle was helped by Death in Curtis' body. I suppose you still have to finish the body without its head since that particular legion is stronger than the rest.
-Yes they did. It is somewhere in the story.
-Probably but it got its structure from the AoS version.
-Read the last parts. Curtis was presumably not yet that truly dead when Death possessed him. But this is all speculation until the true Drac's castle appears again. Oh and Curtis can't be Drac since Drac is Soma.
-YES! But before it gains magic protect or something, or else those weapons are useless.

Dude, the old cannon seriously needs more than 10 games to complete.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2013, 10:55:16 PM »
-Read the last parts. Curtis was presumably not yet that truly dead when Death possessed him. But this is all speculation until the true
I thought they left the window open. I mean, it /could/ be Curtis but perhaps it's just a deciever spirit and Curtis is just a ghost in the Castle. Remember than Olrox said he would return by his hand well.. you can never be so sure, it's Castlevania after all, you are going to be betrayed :P

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2013, 11:26:49 PM »
+1
Shiroi you are AWESOME!
♥♥♥♥♥♥ :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I'm printing this right now and taking it to bed to read before sleeping!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2013, 11:29:38 PM »
+1
I thought they left the window open. I mean, it /could/ be Curtis but perhaps it's just a deciever spirit and Curtis is just a ghost in the Castle. Remember than Olrox said he would return by his hand well.. you can never be so sure, it's Castlevania after all, you are going to be betrayed :P

Yeah. They actually left the window open... and we wouldn't know what happens next. That is the open ending of the Sorrow saga.

Shiroi you are AWESOME!
♥♥♥♥♥♥ :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
I'm printing this right now and taking it to bed to read before sleeping!
Thanks dear!
It would take quite a number of pages. hehehe.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2013, 02:21:29 AM »
+1
Thanks a lot. What you did is very exceptional since a lot of people on the internet wouldn't have bothered to translate this, even if the could, out of laziness or lack of interest. So kudos to that. ;)

Random thoughts:
  • So Dracula's existence is known by high government officals? That's a interesting bit of lore.
  • Orlox's goal is confusing. He wants to mind control humans or whatever?  :-\
  • I think Death is just some kind of creature who feeds on human souls. I don't think he is supposed to be death itself.
  • No hint to what is going to happen next?  :'(
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:23:49 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2013, 03:24:24 AM »
+1
I have been dying to know what this novel was about! Thank you for translating it!! I don't have time to read it for a few days, but I wanted to let you know that this is highly appreciated! +1 for you!

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2013, 05:01:26 AM »
+1
Thanks a lot. What you did is very exceptional since a lot of people on the internet wouldn't have bothered to translate this, even if the could, out of laziness or lack of interest. So kudos to that. ;)

Random thoughts:
  • So Dracula's existence is known by high government officals? That's a interesting bit of lore.
  • Orlox's goal is confusing. He wants to mind control humans or whatever?  :-\
  • I think Death is just some kind of creature who feeds on human souls. I don't think he is supposed to be death itself.
  • No hint to what is going to happen next?  :'(

Thanks.  ;D i was just so intrigued by this novel being a fan of the Sorrow games, that i forced myself to translate this.
-yeah. Alucard must have told them.
-Olrox is crazy. That's what i think of him. I think he wants to rule over all existence.
-Yes. Death and death are 2 different beings.
-Sad to say, there is no continuation after this.

I have been dying to know what this novel was about! Thank you for translating it!! I don't have time to read it for a few days, but I wanted to let you know that this is highly appreciated! +1 for you!

Thank you too!

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2013, 07:53:14 AM »
Actually I think Olrox just do things for fun as he said he didn't want to enslave humans or put the world into darkness, he finds them entertaining. I loved his plan, he told Graham followers that he was going to revive them with their sacrifice so they killed themselves, and he told Anti-graham groups that he would kill all graham followers so they defended him and were suceptible to soul reaping. Olrox was already a good tactician who knew...

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2013, 01:12:10 PM »
+2
We should have a game about this story! It's awesome!
Thanks again for translating it, Shiroi! We should all give +1 to every translation post, it must have been so hard to do!
Congratulations for your excellent work Shiroi! I'm learning japanese (will try N3 exam this december if I can), so I know how hard it is, and I wish someday I can be at the level you are now.
Awesome work.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2013, 11:29:33 PM »
+2
We should have a game about this story! It's awesome!
Thanks again for translating it, Shiroi! We should all give +1 to every translation post, it must have been so hard to do!
Congratulations for your excellent work Shiroi! I'm learning japanese (will try N3 exam this december if I can), so I know how hard it is, and I wish someday I can be at the level you are now.
Awesome work.

Yes. Anyone who wants to make a fan game out of this novel can just use the AoS castle, and add in the Olrox sprite from SoTN, then perhaps have 2 modes: Michelle/Death (disguised as Curtis) and Julius mode.

Thanks to all the pluses!  :-*

During the time I took the JLPT, N3 did not exist yet and people were complaining that the gap between N4 (formerly level 3) and N2 (level 2) was huge. I originally took Level 1 after returning from Japan (about 7 years ago) but, that test was a monster (I failed miserably)! I took Level 2 the next year and found out that it was easy enough since I was able to pass without reviewing (not a high pass, just a pass). hehehe. I never took another JLPT again since I am no longer teaching Japanese. Even at my level, I still feel inadequate about my Japanese language skills, but that is just me.
If you just continue to study Japanese, soon you will be able to surpass me. You just have to keep using the language in order for you not to forget it. I had forgotten a lot of high level grammar since I am no longer using Japanese on a regular basis.

Thanks again Pfil!

Tags: