Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Fan Stuff / Re: Castlevania: Seal of the Eclipse
« Last post by Draconic on January 10, 2022, 11:11:40 AM »
This looks brilliant. I love the Curse of the Moon style, and how well you've incorporated old enemy sprites into it.
I do have to mention a concern though: Konami absolutely adores owning the Castlevania brand for the singular purpose of not allowing anyone to do anything with it because everything they do they do to spite their customers.

Maybe it would be a good idea to take the video down to avoid getting a Cease & Desist notice from them? I doubt they're as nice as Nintendo who at least let DoctorN64 finish AM2R before they had him pull it down from his site.
©2022 KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENThey guys itgs me konami offical please buy my castlevania nfts they are not at all fungible nobody hs every seen this artwork before ©2022 KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT

©2022 KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT ©2022 KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT ©2022 KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT ©2022 KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT

©2022 KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT
Fan Stuff / Re: Castlevania: Seal of the Eclipse
« Last post by Kamirine on January 10, 2022, 06:21:57 AM »
This looks amazing and I’m holding out hope for it’s completion/getting a chance to play it!
Hardcore Gaming 101 / Re: Bloodstained ROTN Review (long overdue)
« Last post by zangetsu468 on January 09, 2022, 10:49:10 PM »
The whipping in RotN is not without it's own merits, I'll agree. It's attack has a sphere of effect that make's it very usable depending on the situation.

I just wish it were more easily cancellable out of attack/ charge frames.

I can’t recall if there is such a weapon in the main campaign- off the top of my head - but a WhipSword or two, like Soma’s in AoS (more akin to Classic Mode) wouldn’t have gone astray.

I still end up radiating towards overhead sword swings, given when you use ROTN’s version of Black Panther, you can actually zip in multi-directionally while the swing animation occurs, either hitting various enemies, doing more damage or both. 
Off Topic / Re: Bob Saget found dead in Orlando Hotel room at age 65
« Last post by zangetsu468 on January 09, 2022, 10:43:01 PM »
Heard this earlier today.

R.I.P. Bob, prayers and sympathies to your family.  :'(
« Last post by X on January 09, 2022, 09:43:16 PM »
I know the name! I just can't remember what he did back in the day... Oh! Oh, now I remember! He hosted AFHV for years. And he also starred in Fullhouse if I'm not mistaken. It's no wonder I didn't recognize him at first. He's not skinny anymore and I haven't seen him on TV in decades since.

RIP Bob Saget. And thanks for some of the entertainment you hosted to my youth back in the 80's.
« Last post by X on January 09, 2022, 09:34:30 PM »
The whipping in RotN is not without it's own merits, I'll agree. It's attack has a sphere of effect that make's it very usable depending on the situation. I've spammed it enough times to know that it can be far more useful then swords or other weapons. I just wish it could be much faster right off the bat rather then the player being forced to build up the passive weapons skill. Dammit! now I need to play it again, and I've just finished watching Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla.
« Last post by Gunlord on January 09, 2022, 07:26:22 PM »
RIP :(
« Last post by zangetsu468 on January 09, 2022, 04:20:48 PM »
Classic mode was definitely a copy from CV 1. No question. I noticed that once I started playing it the first time. However I still enjoyed it despite those noticeable elements. And if it was intended to gouge Konami, well... they were asking for it so, meh  :-\

Haha this is beyond a poke or a gouge, it’s almost impalement, in honour of Vlad III, one assumes…

I like the whipping motion better than ROTN tbh, I know you previously mention this as a dislike and I’m in agreement with that.

I like that you can change direction in the air and essentially do Richter’s backflip in a pseudo-forward motion.

Where it falls short for me is jumping in the instance you’re close to something. Despite there being a back-dash and a backflip, you basically can’t jump onto a neighbouring platform unless you’re positioned 3-4 blocks away left / right.. Otherwise you’re landing in a pit/ water. This has taken a bit of getting used to.

I’ve played through Stage 4, but not yet made it passed the harpies/ wolves.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10