Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Simon's Quest Revamped version 1.1  (Read 172145 times)

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: 16-bit style Simon's Quest Remake ready for release on Friday 5-20!!
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2011, 02:38:42 PM »
Since there seem to be a BUNCH of artists in this thread, can anybody help me out with this chair:

I basically want to make it look broken and destroyed,  like it is leaning over, or just laying on the floor, or whatever. The only limitations are that:

a)It can only use the colors found in the image

and

b) it cannot be bigger than 32X32.

If anybody can do a descent job on this I would want to include the tile in the royal chapel stage of my hack.  8)

Also does anybody here have links to any sites with tiles from castlevania games?
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2011, 04:39:33 PM »
Also does anybody here have links to any sites with tiles from castlevania games?

The Spriters Resource: Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Check near the bottom for stage tiles.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2011, 05:58:14 PM »
[/quote]

http://www.spriters-resource.com/community/showthread.php?tid=2725&pid=97581
http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/vania/
http://www.bghq.com/index.php
http://www.vgmaps.com

Hopefully these help. I use these resources for sheets that I can use for my upcoming game.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2011, 07:14:47 PM »
Thanks for the links, peoples. I checked thru them all, and while I found a few maps that I can put to use to get tiles from (rondo's should especially be useful), most of the stuff I see seems to be for Sprites. But wow is there a lot of stuff! :D Sadly, what I am looking for is TILE SETS.

Tiles are 16x16 and used to make the stages themselves; sprites are things like enemies. And I am mostly looking for tiles from Portrait of ruin, Order of Ecclesia, Castlevania iv, and harmony of dissonance. If I have to cut and paste each tile from maps it will take eons, so does anybody know of a site that actually has ripped tile sets for any of these games?  8)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 07:18:33 PM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2011, 07:43:51 PM »
The SotN page has the tiles, only they're all arranged into maps.  You can split them into their 16x16 tilesets (and there are also some standalone tilesets in the 'misc' section for each area map).
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2011, 10:04:21 PM »
The SotN page has the tiles, only they're all arranged into maps.  You can split them into their 16x16 tilesets (and there are also some standalone tilesets in the 'misc' section for each area map).

I don't need tiles from SOTN.... I have all of them Jorge. Thanks anyway though.  8)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2011, 10:16:24 PM »
You weren't specific, and that site does have tilesets for other CV games, just not chopped up into convenient 16x16 blocks.  You have to break 'em yourself.
I just happened to link to the Symphony page, but that whole site is full of useful stuff... if you bother to take a look.
Look at the DS section, under C for Castlevania, and look at the bottom of the pages, and you will find "Backgrounds", which have the backgrounds and floor tiles for a handful of stages.  This is true for all the 3 DS titles (DoS, PoR, OoE).
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2011, 11:34:31 PM »
Is it still coming today?  :o

Everything comes full circle

Offline Esco

• Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2011, 12:12:05 AM »
You weren't specific, and that site does have tilesets for other CV games, just not chopped up into convenient 16x16 blocks.  You have to break 'em yourself.
I just happened to link to the Symphony page, but that whole site is full of useful stuff... if you bother to take a look.
Look at the DS section, under C for Castlevania, and look at the bottom of the pages, and you will find "Backgrounds", which have the backgrounds and floor tiles for a handful of stages.  This is true for all the 3 DS titles (DoS, PoR, OoE).

Actually, I was somewhat specific when I responded several posts up.  :) And I did look thru the site already.... for OOE AND POR there are almost no tiles. However, for HOD, Rondo, & SC4 there are quite a few. But yeah, I was hoping for tilesets since I already have so much on my plate as it is that I work on solo. But hey, if I have no choice, fuck it... it's chopping time. I would hate for you guys to think I was ungracious for the assistance, and this stuff will still come in handy. :D

I would love to find some more tiles from OOE & POR still though. Possibly adventure rebirth too but I seem to be having trouble locating many. If I could, I would actually like to put in my own version of the skeleton cavern into the 2nd castle; the reverse outer wall would be perfect for this, since all enemies are skeletons already in it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 12:15:06 AM by Esco »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2011, 06:22:27 AM »
Why don't you just mass rip them straight out of the ROM itself?

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
  • hacking games since 1999
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
Re: Simon's Quest Revamped available for download today!!
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2011, 07:20:27 AM »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2011, 08:24:11 AM »
Why don't you just mass rip them straight out of the ROM itself?

Then colorize them with the palettes from the games or from the maps in that site?  Sounds like a good plan.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline AISTODIAOLO

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2011, 08:31:23 AM »
Here you go guys:

http://www.lowbiasgaming.com/drupal/node/712

AWESOME...just...when I hit...the enemy has to be in front of the whip to get hit...if he is in the midle of it ,he wont...but still...this is NICE!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2011, 08:45:41 AM »
The enemies also have an invincibility window, which means more strategy is involved when dealing with them (whoa, them Lycanthropes).

So far, so good.  Bought my White Crystal and Holy Water, now I'm killing some monsters in order to afford the (inevitably obsolete by the time I get to the next town) Thorn Whip.

Some suggestions, for later on:
-Make certain enemies have a weakness to certain weaponry (merman weak to the plant thorn whip, vamps if you have any weak to holy water).  Could be cool so that the whips you buy don't become instant obsolete relics (unless you get 'em as a collector, like how I do).
-Button Config and joy2key support.
-This game could really use my music arrangements.

I really gotta see about making you a Simon spriteset.  Do you have it layed out on one big graphic file?  I can probably edit it so that it's an all-new Simon Belmont without altering the way you've layed it out or the collisions...
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline metroidquest

• Programmageddon
  • Vampire Hunter
  • hacking games since 1999
    • MQ's YouTube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »
The enemies also have an invincibility window, which means more strategy is involved when dealing with them (whoa, them Lycanthropes).

So far, so good.  Bought my White Crystal and Holy Water, now I'm killing some monsters in order to afford the (inevitably obsolete by the time I get to the next town) Thorn Whip.

Some suggestions, for later on:
-Make certain enemies have a weakness to certain weaponry (merman weak to the plant thorn whip, vamps if you have any weak to holy water).  Could be cool so that the whips you buy don't become instant obsolete relics (unless you get 'em as a collector, like how I do).
-Button Config and joy2key support.
-This game could really use my music arrangements.

I really gotta see about making you a Simon spriteset.  Do you have it layed out on one big graphic file?  I can probably edit it so that it's an all-new Simon Belmont without altering the way you've layed it out or the collisions...

I wont be making countless versions of this to make everyone happy, my friend. As far as the music goes, I am really trying to stay 16-bit.
Also, as far as weaknesses, you will never be able to kill a flame man with a flame whip or sacred flame ;-)

Tags:

anything