Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Samurai Spirits II legendary commercial live action video!  (Read 4182 times)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Samurai Spirits II legendary commercial live action video!
« on: August 18, 2018, 08:58:55 PM »
so epic!   next game should have those live action graphics and epicness!  realism sure sells!
and SNK is more likely to make a new Samurai Shodown, than SE would making a Bushido Blade 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7All8wI64s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz1K8Wiq6l8

here another video with extra scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjBzTERxmdc
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 08:05:30 PM by affinity »

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Samurai Spirits II legendary commercial live action video!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 09:58:30 PM »
The series is quite legendary for it's atmosphere, SNK made sure that carried over to the commercials. And the actress playing Nakoruru in the ad is pretty cute too (I use her quite a bit, but still suck playing as her due to how hard it is to pull off some of her moves. She is quite tough to face in battle as well, sher tends to seemingly read your inputs and counters). Jubei was OK in the ad as well, but looked a bit young for the role as Jubei really isn't tnat young. I used to call him the Japanese Samurai John Wayne, because of Wayne in Rooster Cogburn with eyepatch. Also, the voice actor of Jubei narrates this ad, and is the narrator for the second Samurai Shodown, as well as the fourth game.

All in all though, early SNK fighters were hard as nails, and SS1-4 are definitely tough as nails (the early Fatal Fury games, and first 2 KoF's, along with the Art of Fighting games will make you pull your hair out in frustration).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 10:06:22 PM by Bloodreign »

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 09:17:31 AM »
they added a anniversary collection to Switch, but not PS4,  aaaah well theres no competition on Switch, so I guess they invest more there.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 02:49:04 AM »
I have all the Samurai Shodown I'll ever need shy of one Gameboy title (Sam Spirits 3) and the standalone version of 6, but Anthology covers that and more. I don't play people online, I want them in the same room as me, we'll talk trash that way, because all I play against are friends of mine.

SNES/SFC:
Samurai Spirits

Genesis:
Samurai Shodown

Gameboy:
Samurai Spirits

Sega Saturn:
Samurai Spirits 3
Samurai Spirits 4

PS1:
Samurai Shodown 3
Samurai Spirits 3
Samurai Spirits 4 Special
Samurai Spirits Fencing Pack (Sam Spirits 1 and 2)

PS2:
Samurai Shodown Anthology

I don't need a Switch, or a PS4 for any of them.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 04:15:38 AM by Bloodreign »

Tags:

anything