Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: If anyone spots Forum Errors, please post here  (Read 109832 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: If anyone spots Forum Errors, please post here
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2015, 04:53:20 PM »
YouTube embedding seems to be completely borked again. I'm using the shortened URL retrieved under the Share feature and I keep getting told it's an invalid link.

I'll just bombard a bunch of videos and see if any of them work.

Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2015, 04:56:43 PM »
Well FFS, they work! Does the YouTube tag not work in certain subforums on this board? Every time lately I've made a post trying to embed a YouTube video, things get completely fucked up, as in here. It gives me this message:

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

and changes the YouTube URL to this:

(youtube)(url=https://youtu.be/D8FH8NI4U4Y)https://youtu.be/D8FH8NI4U4Y(/url)(/youtube)

I don't get why it's changing it to a clickable URL instead of an embedded video.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2015, 04:59:02 PM »
THOUGH I HAVE A THEORY!

Every time I click Preview Post just to make sure I used the correct URL (I keep forgetting if it's the short one from the Share function or what you get from your browser), and even if it's the proper link with embed tags, clicking Post someone mucks it all up.

GOING TO TEST THAT THEORY NOW!

Edit: That's not it either. My only answer: The YouTube embed tag is a finicky sonovabirchtree.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2015, 04:46:23 AM »
I know! I really wish we could've kept AEVA Media.
But now it's a paid plugin so fuck that noise.

The embed tag is funky.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2017, 04:08:53 PM »
I hear that users have been having issues with the Forum kicking up errors.

Please post those errors here, whenever you are finally able to post.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2017, 02:42:00 AM »
Sometimes the forum takes too long to load and I just call it quits for that day.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2017, 08:12:52 AM »
Yes, lately that's been a server/host issue as well.
Please note that we ARE working on it.

It looks like one of our anti-spambot plugins may be outdated and is messing things up while looking for IPs.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2017, 10:54:28 AM »
I got ahold of the guy who developed the plugin that may be causing the database issues.
Hopefully he gets back to me.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2017, 01:38:25 AM »
Cool.

I'd also like to note that someone from deviantart was interested in reading the Ricordanza novel but since the forum is "dead" to them, they just requested that I post the translation on my DA account, which I did.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2017, 06:29:39 PM »
That's fine.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: May 12, 2017, 03:12:14 PM »
Today when I enter the forum I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED, but now after 10 minutes approx I let myself in, here I am  ;D

Offline Vesperaevis

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2017, 06:32:53 PM »
Hoping this is the right place for this. In the "Fan-games' Sub Thread" in Fan Stuff, all the links to CV dungeon threads give 404 errors.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2017, 09:53:51 PM »
Ugh, that's a weird one.
I hope it's just the links that are bad, and not that the posts are gone.
(I have not done any board thread purges ever so that should not be the case).

Thanks! I will look into it.  In the mean time, attempt using the Search Feature for those games and hopefully you can find the original thread.
We may just have to fix that one initial post.
You must obey Da Rulez!

Tags: