Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CVForum Awards & Achievements  (Read 298255 times)

Offline Succubus

• Head Priestess of the Monkey Cult
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
Re: CVForum Awards & Achievements
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2011, 12:47:55 PM »
We already got multiple timelines for the history of the Castlevania fandom.

For a NSFW version, there's this:

http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/ICVD

And if you ignore the furry junk and everything past 2005 or so, this hits most of the key points:

http://www.clockworkmansion.com/main.php?page=timeline

Offline snappleman

• ^-^
  • Inverted Dungeonite
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2011, 01:00:13 PM »
Maybe Tweeter would come back if we pulled down the Bobby Hill thing....
--------------
^-^

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2011, 01:27:22 PM »
Ahhh...I didn't know Clockwork Mansion had something. God I missed out on some awesome times. You guys'll have to explain to me the Craig and Technocop flame wars stuff sometime.

And The ED article only covers ICVD....sorta.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 01:29:51 PM by Sindra »

Offline snappleman

• ^-^
  • Inverted Dungeonite
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2011, 01:31:09 PM »
Hahahaha technocop

FUcking need to go back to BBS style for the dungeon.
--------------
^-^

Offline Succubus

• Master Hunter
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2011, 01:54:02 PM »
I don't remember who the hell Craig was, haha. As for Technocop, the ED page has all you need to know:

"This technocop is not me, I would never say such mean things about a person. And if you noticed, I always use the name Technocop with a capital T, so this is obviously an imposter"

—The wisdom of Technocop

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2011, 06:58:38 PM »
Damn, that timeline made for some interestin' readin. :o I still have a hard time believing one of the older CV sites got infected with the furry crap, though...:(

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Succubus

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: October 18, 2011, 07:06:10 PM »
It didn't. Like I said, you should ignore the furry shit and anything post-2005. The Clockwork Mansion isn't an old Castlevania forum/site. It was just something Darkmoon whipped together to go along with his Castlevania-related sprite comics. Later it became the forum for the Inverted Dungeon web site when it split from the actual Inverted Castlevania Dungeon forum. Then it merged with more web comics.

Well, unless you think the Inverted Dungeon is an "old" Castlevania site. Seems like just yesterday to me, and I don't know if it was ever all that popular beyond some ICVDers checking it out. And it's dead these days.

Offline snappleman

• ^-^
  • Inverted Dungeonite
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2011, 07:07:50 PM »
The ICVD site was awful, and it sucked, and I'm glad it's gone.
--------------
^-^

Offline Succubus

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2011, 07:19:44 PM »
It's still up. It's not a bad site. It even has a couple of my reviews.

Offline snappleman

• ^-^
  • Inverted Dungeonite
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2011, 07:20:13 PM »
The ICVD site was awful, and it sucked, and I'm glad it's gone.
--------------
^-^

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2011, 08:21:08 PM »
Man what a stormy history is involved here...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2011, 11:11:49 PM »
I'm kinda sadz my position as a staff member ain't listed on the ED page. :( IIRC, the Bootleg Dungeon came about 'cos Dev and I were chattin' it up on AIM, and we decided to do a new board like the original but with less restrictions. So then D'moon came aboard, he and Dev were pretty much the tech dudes who actually got things done, BUT I WAS AN ADMIN AND ICVD CO-FOUNDER :O until I pissed Dev off by spamming the shit out of everything and I think even banning him.

Ha ha, well, in hindsight, I kinda wrote myself out of that history for being a stupid asshole. :) Don't even know why I did it; I was 17 and bored. It probably had something to do with me requesting something with the Acmlm board, and Dev not complying (and me being too stupid to figure it out on my own), so I went on a tirade.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2011, 01:18:05 PM »
How often are these awarded? 
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2011, 01:44:41 PM »
You kinda just get 'em.  There's no set date for 'em.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Jago

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2011, 10:55:01 AM »
icon = simon - the warrior - awarded to those who are good at the castlevania games, like knowing game secrets, enemy strategies, speed run, etc

icon = maria - musician - awarded to those that like to make music, like remakes or new songs

icon = ??? (don't know) - director - someone who makes and posts a lot of vids such as on youtube

icon = death - if you are a mean mod that likes to ban ppl

icon = merchant person like renon - those who are willing to sell stuff like cv merchandise
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 11:04:29 AM by Jago »

Tags:

anything