Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CVForum Awards & Achievements  (Read 298280 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #240 on: June 17, 2013, 07:27:38 AM »
It reminds me of Etrian Odyssey.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #241 on: June 17, 2013, 09:14:55 AM »
Oh yes.  :)
It is a very calm scene.
It's all calm and serene until you hear some faint, high-pitched moaning. :P

Anyway, I've seen the new awards on some people, but I don't see the awards list being updated. When are you going to update the list, Jorge?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #242 on: June 18, 2013, 01:08:07 PM »
+2
(insert graham here) The Envious: Envies people awards and respect.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: August 01, 2013, 06:09:56 PM »
I'm surprised nobody has done so yet, but I nominate Rugal-sama and Oralox-kun for a the Super Old Dungeonite award.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: August 01, 2013, 06:18:15 PM »
I also nominate Rugal for Unmovable Object and The Snarker, Gunlord for old dungeonite, and Puwexil for The Flame Demon
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:31:40 PM by beingthehero »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #245 on: August 02, 2013, 09:51:22 AM »
I don't think you realize how long you have had to have been part of the dungeon boards to be a super-old dungeonite.
You'd have to be from the days of "The Puritan", so that means:

-From the days when the board was a threaded messageboard in classicgaming.com. (dates around 1995-2000)
-From the days when the board was an EZBoard messageboard in classicgaming.com. (dates around 2000-2004)
-From the days when the board was a Forumplanet board in gamespy.com... but this one is pushing it, as the FP board lasted a while. (dates around 2004-2007)
(these dates are not accurate but they're kinda what I can come up with from what I recall)

Anyone from only the days of SMF on castlevaniadungeon.net is not -that- old.  At least, in comparison.
I suppose, in time, the SMF peeps will be considered 'SuperOld Dungeonites', but not right now.

So right now, "SuperOld Dungeonite" is anyone who posted from the EZBoard forum and earlier.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: August 02, 2013, 11:19:03 AM »
So basically you need to be in the forum for more than 9 years.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: August 02, 2013, 11:46:57 AM »
I'm a lurker from 2000, but i registered from when the board was a Forumplanet board in gamespy.com. Now if my memory serves me right, that must have been at 2006? Can't remember..........
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: August 02, 2013, 11:55:13 AM »
Hmmm I think me and Gunlord were here around the same time, or maybe he joined a little later... I've been around from the time between Aria of Sorrow and Dawn or Innocence. Probably 2004-2005. Used to talk to this guy named Clockwork Butterfly about a HoD fanfiction I used to write. I don't remember when he left. Gunlord is here from 2006 I believe?
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: August 02, 2013, 12:01:23 PM »
Hmmm I think me and Gunlord were here around the same time, or maybe he joined a little later... I've been around from the time between Aria of Sorrow and Dawn or Innocence. Probably 2004-2005. Used to talk to this guy named Clockwork Butterfly about a HoD fanfiction I used to write. I don't remember when he left. Gunlord is here from 2006 I believe?

Well, when i joined the forum, you were all ready here, but for Gunlord, i can't remember well, but he must have been 2006 or mid 2005.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #250 on: August 02, 2013, 02:15:19 PM »
I used to enter the Castlevania Dungeon since the beginning of the past decade, like in 2002 or so, but I noticed the forum some years ago, maybe 2 or 3, and my daily reads were increasing until some months ago I decided to join.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: August 02, 2013, 02:23:49 PM »
+1
I remember how this forum used to be in those days, and lemme tell ya, now, it's A LOT more tamer & user-friendly, lol

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: August 02, 2013, 04:46:54 PM »
We need more crisis to make things fun here xD j/k
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #253 on: August 02, 2013, 05:44:02 PM »
I really like Crisis and I really like the way the forum is today, and the way every time a non-friendly user appears, the forum, which has acquired kind of life of its own by now, kicks the non-friendly user out of there quickly  :P
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: August 02, 2013, 05:51:19 PM »
I don't think you realize how long you have had to have been part of the dungeon boards to be a super-old dungeonite.
You'd have to be from the days of "The Puritan", so that means:

-From the days when the board was a threaded messageboard in classicgaming.com. (dates around 1995-2000)
-From the days when the board was an EZBoard messageboard in classicgaming.com. (dates around 2000-2004)
-From the days when the board was a Forumplanet board in gamespy.com... but this one is pushing it, as the FP board lasted a while. (dates around 2004-2007)
(these dates are not accurate but they're kinda what I can come up with from what I recall)

Anyone from only the days of SMF on castlevaniadungeon.net is not -that- old.  At least, in comparison.
I suppose, in time, the SMF peeps will be considered 'SuperOld Dungeonites', but not right now.

So right now, "SuperOld Dungeonite" is anyone who posted from the EZBoard forum and earlier.

I thought both Rugal and Gunlord have been around since '04. I definitely remember Rugal from all the way back in '04, unless it was a different Rugal. My Gunlord was just so goshdarn memorable that peeps just think he's always been here.

bless my poor failing memory

Tags: