Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Music you've been digging lately  (Read 272060 times)

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #315 on: September 12, 2012, 01:11:42 AM »
For your listening pleasure (or displeasure if you are not into this type of metal)... The Year Of Our Lord. Really ripping early Dark Tranquillity/Dissection-type melodic black/death band. Never really listened to them before, but this stuff is great.

the year of our lord - porcelain

The Year Of Our Lord - Nightlark

the year of our lord seasons of suffocation

The Year Of Our Lord - The Hollowing Of A Quiet Man

The Year Of Our Lord - Dead To You
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 01:18:13 AM by Nail_Bombed »
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #316 on: September 12, 2012, 01:30:18 AM »
TYOOL's fecking awesome. Picked up their self-titled a long time ago and was pleased when they announced and eventually released the Dead to You compilation, which has their EP and LP (the latter remixed and remastered, dunno about the former) plus some new tracks. Was hoping they'd come back together, but I think they said they weren't interested.

This track is where it's friggin' at:

The Year Of Our Lord - Manchild In The Promised Land

(If you can hear past the awful YouTube compression.)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #317 on: September 18, 2012, 06:29:50 AM »
 I love Pit Fighter, I played it in SNES and its very hard, never finished it.

Im hearing this (If you intend to play this game or watch the anime, doesnt search for the others Umineko Motion Graphics since they contain spoilers):
Umineko Motion Graphic vol 1 w/ FULL English translation
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Justo

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #318 on: October 01, 2012, 10:34:27 AM »
+1
The Year Of Our Lord - Dead To You
this is actually pretty good. almost reminds me of insomnia!

i've been digging ne obliviscaris a lot lately. very progressive australian metal band. two vocalists, a violinist as one of the main members, the drummer won fastest drummer in australia and it often blends a myriad of different musical styles together, anything from jazz, to flamenco, to black metal, to melodic death.

Ne Obliviscaris - And Plague Flowers The Kaleidoscope
Ne Obliviscaris - And Plague Flowers the Kaleidoscope

Ne Obliviscaris - Of The Leper Butterflies
Ne Obliviscaris - Of the Leper Butterflies

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #319 on: October 18, 2012, 06:37:11 AM »
I recently came across this video from 1983 and shed tears of joy while watching it. I wasn't even born in 1983 and yet I felt immense nostalgia.

I mean, look at it. It's a cheesy 80's rock song, and the video is probably the cheesiest music video ever made:
A band lip dubbing while making random movements in some hangar, and a random attractive girl thrown in just for sake of having a pretty girl in the video. The whole thing probably didn't take more than a couple of hours to film and cost nearly nothing. 

AND IT'S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING I'VE EVER SEEN.  :'(
I love it. The simplicity and spontaneity of the video make it cheesy, but not cheesy as in "what the heck" but in a "I miss those times" kind of way. Such a video would never make it on TV today.

Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #320 on: October 18, 2012, 06:55:45 AM »
This one goes out for the metalheads as well, its my band Black Mass Confession.  If you guys dig BLS, Megadeth, Pantera, Sabbath and some AIC then it should be right up your alley!  But be gentle, im no recording engineer lol, i've written and recorded all the music and lyrics to every single song on my CD.  Lol did it in my garage with a 60 dollar program and a 100 dollar interface so my "recording studio" leaves much to be desired!  Hope you guys enjoy!  8)

www.soundclick.com/blackmassconfession
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #321 on: October 18, 2012, 07:58:11 AM »
It sounds really good BMC! Sure needs a cleaner sound and I'm no expert on recording so can't say much more.
Your sound has a lot of Pantera in it and I heard something quite grungy and similar to Soundgarden, maybe Korn, but hell, why didn't you mention Alice in Chains? I'll be damned if your music hasn't got the Chains' dark sound all over it.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 07:59:44 AM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #322 on: October 18, 2012, 09:00:49 AM »
+1
Hahaha, thanks man glad you dug it! And "didnt mention Alice in Chains????.......thats what i meant when i said "AIC". lmao.  Yeah the recordings could really use some fine tuning and at this point i have gotten very good at recording compared to when i cut that CD, plus i got some new equipment to make it sound even better.  I've been debating on remixing the entire CD again, but then again I got my band rolling again and i may just hold off until i can get in a legit studio.  Thanks for the words dude, i appreciate it!  8)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #323 on: October 19, 2012, 10:32:53 PM »
Been on a Devin Townsend kick, listening to all my CeeDeez. Just been so re-in love with his music lately.

Finally broke down and bought the SYL remasters since they're going OOP and they've got liner notes and such. Not terribly pleased that the remastering wasn't done by Devin himself, since he produces and engineers all his albums, but they sound pretty good save for a few track indexing problems. ("Detox" does NOT begin with the riff, dammit.) The redone artwork kinda sucks compared to the original CDs, especially City, but hey, Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing has printed lyrics now, and that's awesome.

Funny to read Devin's thoughts on HAARHT. "Basically two good songs and a bunch of demos." He even specifically shits on "Cod Metal King", which is too bad 'cos it's honestly my favorite song on the album.

GOAT! *cue shitty but supremely awesome sounding drum machine followed by repetitive groove track with superb ambience*

Cod Metal King

Also grabbed the 1994–2006 Chaos Years CD. Compilation albums really aren't my thing, but I never knew before that the album contained a DVD with live performances and all their music videos, plus a booklet with track-by-track commentary by the band, and also each track was remastered by Devin Townsend (with "Detox" properly beginning with that cool crashing sound). So those were great reasons to grab the album finally.

STRAPPING YOUNG LAD - Detox (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

Love the industrial metal leanings of these two albums. Shame Dev never did more.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Green Stranger

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #324 on: October 20, 2012, 10:52:04 PM »
Two nights ago I had myself a fantastic evening with with my old Pharmacology classmate Michelle. Here is part of the soundtrack of that night. Good for that sort of situation. Wolfsheim has that effect. Damn it's good being single again. ;D

"Find You're Here" & "Find You're Gone"

Wolfsheim Wundervoll

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #325 on: October 23, 2012, 05:26:06 AM »
I don't like all his music because he's too much like U2 in some ways. But I'm now of the impression that if you weren't born before 1960, you can't actually write good music. Pop stars born after that might be able to right catchy music, but everyone from the 80s teen pop and later just drops off the face of the earth, I swear. The older guys like Sir Paul, Sir John, Bono, and Joachim are still around making music that hits the charts even when they should be in retirement homes. :D

Joachim Witt -- Gloria (Offizielles Musikvideo)
Joachim Witt's newest music video. It's a tad disturbing but very beautiful.

Joachim Witt - Herbergsvater
The first vid that got me into Joachim.

Joachim Witt - Supergestört und superversaut
The first song that got me into Joachim.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
« Reply #326 on: October 24, 2012, 08:39:17 AM »
Refused. Keep coming back to them. Just one of the best hardcore punk bands ever... their progression is stunning, going from straight up hardcore...

Refused - Pump The Brakes

.... to something with a bit more verve...

Refused- Circle Pit

to this...

Refused - Rather be dead

to THIS.

Refused - New Noise (video)
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #327 on: October 24, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »
D'oh! Can't believe I forgot this video of Herr Witt's too.
Joachim Witt - Goldener Reiter 2007

His voice isn't what it used to be... Used to sing in a smooth, fluid tenor. Now he sounds like he's been smoking too much over the years. Or maybe German beer does that to a guy's voice.

The good era of music is gone...
Falco - The Sound of Musik

Oh, just found out today GWAR is performing near where I live. ... I won't get to go. :(
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 05:37:17 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #328 on: October 26, 2012, 01:48:26 AM »
Joachim Witt - Herbergsvater
The first vid that got me into Joachim.

Out of the singles/videos of Witt's I've heard, this is the only one that ever stuck with me. Hypnotic song and visual performance. All the newer stuff from like the past decade or whatever just doesn't sound interesting to me. What's especially weird are the songs where he apparently wants to sound like Rammstein.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
« Reply #329 on: October 27, 2012, 12:43:12 PM »
+1
Masaki Endoh's GaoGaiGar theme sets my spirit afire. Here is a live version of it, and afterward, some guy has the balls to do a vocal cover :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIN-IjdJi3c

Tags:

anything