Poll

What would be an appropriate 25th Anniversary tribute?

Castlevania 1 & 2 Chronicles in 2.5D for Consoles
Dracula's Curse Chronicles in 2.5D for Consoles
Castlevania Annversary Collection (NES SNES GEN minimum)
Demon Castle War (ClassicVania Style)!
Demon Castle War (Clastleroid Style)!
Lords of Shadow 2
Art, Music, and other swag...
Other --explain below.
I don't know.  My mind was recently violated by a Dark Priest...

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 25th Anniversary --What sort of Tribute do you seek?  (Read 18566 times)

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: 25th Anniversary --What sort of Tribute do you seek?
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2011, 06:30:52 PM »
I am greatly amused by the one item getting zero votes.... ;D

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2011, 06:34:51 PM »
I am greatly amused by the one item getting zero votes.... ;D

I noticed that also lol.

But considering 1 notable LOS fan (Ahasverus) has not posted yet and probably has not seen this topic yet I am willing to bet it will atleast get 1 vote when he arrives. ;D

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2011, 06:50:59 PM »
Well Im all for a LoS2, but Its not exactly 25th anniversary material. That needs to be left to the main timeline.

A REAL remake of Castlevania SotN in 2.5D for Home Console would make me :D
I dont think ANY remake of Symphony could ever actually top the original. Especially if it's a Handheld game.

Now make it a console game, (say 360/Ps3/Wii-U) and maybe we can work something out
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2011, 06:59:52 PM »
Seriously...  Out of 28 people?  One of them would even prefer the Dark Priest...  lol

The real irony here is that Konami will probably give LoS 2 the 25th Anniversary marketing treatment if it comes out anytime within the next year...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 07:04:57 PM by cecil-kain »

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2011, 07:12:48 PM »

The real irony here is that Konami will probably give LoS 2 the 25th Anniversary marketing treatment if it comes out anytime within the next year...

I feel the same way.

If konami does let IGA do a 25th Anniversary CV game I am willing to bet he will still have a MUCH lower budject then they plan to give to Cox and Mecury Studios for LOS2 and that really would suck.

I get the feeling that if Konami does infact let IGA handle the 25th Anniversary he will have a bigger budject then he normally gets but will definitely not have anywhere near a LOS type of budject.

Just my opinion.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2011, 12:17:33 AM »
I'm for a LoS sequel but not as a 25th anniversary gift, even if it wouldn't bother me.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2011, 01:19:58 AM »
I noticed that also lol.

But considering 1 notable LOS fan (Ahasverus) has not posted yet and probably has not seen this topic yet I am willing to bet it will atleast get 1 vote when he arrives. ;D

Well, a LoS2 is already kind of an inevitability, isn't it? Don't think it'll be out soon enough to be considered celebrating Castlevania's big 2-5.

...I'd also accept another 3D game from Platinum Games. Hideki Kamiya said he'd be honored to work on the series, and Bayonetta was a dimension of awesome in itself.

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2011, 08:34:39 AM »
I noticed that also lol.

I'm a pretty big fan of LoS. In my opinion it's a solid game with a few flaws here and there, but is overall a great 3D Castlevania title for the modern console. I can't wait for the sequel!

...but to just give us the sequel that we already knew would happen with or without the 25th anniversary would just be a slap in the face. That just means that someone at Konami's offices noticed that the new Castlevania is coming out around the series' 25th anniversary and at the last second slapped a sticker on the box saying it's a celebration of the 25th anniversary. That's nothing remotely special at all! Look what the Zelda series is getting! Also Konami's own Metal Gear Solid!

So I voted for a Castlevania 1&2 Chronicles. It's the original series's duet. It'd be cool to have a remake compilation of the two together in a package to follow the adventures of Simon Belmont. Also, with better landscapes/mansions in 2 as well as useful villagers. That'd rule.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2011, 01:08:47 PM »
I thought LoS was great and I'm excited for the next one, but it doesn't surprise me that no one voted for that option, because a new game in general is a poor excuse for an anniversary surprise, it doesn't matter what the series is.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2011, 11:01:29 PM »
back when we were speculating about the rumored game that took place in paintings, I speculated that each painting could be a single level from a different previous game redone in a new 2.5D style.  that would have made a nice 25th Anniversary game.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2011, 12:24:48 AM »
Maybe- but not as Portrait of Ruin, AKA the Bloodlines sequel.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2011, 12:29:38 AM »
*sigh*

Does anyone else remember when the Metal Gear games looked all clunky and such and Castlevania had the stupidly high budget to make the games look phenomenal? Does anyone miss those days?

In any case, I hate to say it, but something to celebrate an anniversary would most undoubtedly need to be a remake of an old game. That's why the CV1/2Chronicles game would be the best idea. As cool as it would be to get a new game, it sorta feels like a copout (in some ways) to get a whole new game as our anniversary gift. Unless it were to star Simon and/or Trevor.

What I'm saying is, the anniversary gift should be something that gives off nostalgia.

...Now if they made a whole new game that did just that... Well... I'll wait til it actually happens before saying anything about it.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2011, 01:05:24 AM »
What I'm saying is, the anniversary gift should be something that gives off nostalgia.

I think Konami has forgotten what 'Nostalgia' is or what it means, and IGA hasn't exactly been successful in trying to replicate it with his games either. I want more then anything to have a traditional CV title with nostalgia, classic gameplay, a simple yet solid story, great characters, wonderful stages, etc. But the reality is looking very bleak right now.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2011, 01:07:16 AM »
When were those days, Claimh Solais lol? I can't recall CV1 or 2 looking all that great. Though 2 had a good mood to it.

@X
I thought that despite OoE being a metrovania, it was still a step toward all those things you mentioned, besides wonderful stages. Then there's DXC and Rebirth. Rebirth itself was even original in its level design and actually has some neat quirks in its levels beside the classic gameplay.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 01:23:22 AM by thernz »

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2011, 01:20:29 AM »
I think Konami has forgotten what 'Nostalgia' is or what it means, and IGA hasn't exactly been successful in trying to replicate it with his games either.

I disagree.

I think Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles and Castlevania rebirth shows us that IGA is indeed capable of giving fans a great and solid CV experiance complete with the classic gameplay and feel.

As I have said before why Konami does not want to make more games similar to the feel of DXC is beyond me considering 2.5d seems to be the way to go if you really want that classic CV gameplay with great graphics.

Tags: