Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dracula X Chronicles and PSP question  (Read 9666 times)

Offline efin

• Hunter in Training
    • Castlevania Homebrew Images
    • Awards
Re: Dracula X Chronicles and PSP question
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 06:06:24 PM »
In Reply To #13

Actually it properly clocked the 333MHz cpu to 333MHz. It had been underclocked from the beginning, unless you had a hacked firmware and had been doing it all along.

In Reply To #14

No you can downgrade now, since it's been so long. They're up to 3.71 or something now. For v2.00 it's pretty easy to downgrade, actually. Just so you know, if you get a hacked one, it takes 2 simple steps to get your PSP back to v1.50.

Seriously, you owe it to yourself to try it out. It's the only thing that makes the PSP worth owning, IMO.

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 06:15:11 PM »
@ zachier , I think you meant Efin and not me since I have no problems with my psp and I have downgraded my psp a few weeks ago.  I downgraded it from 304 OE to 150 and applied the lasted custom firmware 3.71 .

I heard that one of the older firmware (I believe it was 3.65 version 4) has the ability to unbrick a psp.

zachier

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 06:32:56 PM »
@ zachier , I think you meant Efin and not me since I have no problems with my psp and I have downgraded my psp a few weeks ago.  I downgraded it from 304 OE to 150 and applied the lasted custom firmware 3.71 .

I heard that one of the older firmware (I believe it was 3.65 version 4) has the ability to unbrick a psp.

My bad; that was actually for Thomas Belmont. =P Anyway, yeah, you're probably talking about Pandora's Battery, which downgrades and unbricks PSPs.

So you upgraded to the latest CFW, huh? I did too, but I didn't like it. So I went back to 3.52 M33-2. But, like I said, if DXC requires 3.71, then I'll have no choice but to update. I'm really looking forward to this game. =)

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 07:01:55 PM »
I don't really tried any homebrews as of recent since I am waiting till they fix the bugs for the snes and other emulators. I only updated my firmware from the current version to get ready for DXC (which I prepaid in full and can't wait to pick up tomorrow), although I have realized that FFA, which came out recently works with 351 firmware.  As such, I am not sure why the lastest frimware is worser than the previous version and is wondering why.

Offline efin

• Hunter in Training
    • Castlevania Homebrew Images
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2007, 07:05:55 PM »
If you have a friend with a PSP, the Capcom emulator is THE FREAKIN' BEST THING EVAR.

zachier

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 07:23:33 PM »
In Reply To #19

Most emulators work fine nowadays. SNES9xTYL 0.4.2, a SNES emulator for example, is almost bug-free. Unfortunately, Dracula X runs really slow; however, if you play around with the settings, you should get a pretty decent speed for it.

Anyway, other popular emulators include: NESterJ(NES), DGEN(Sega Genesis), gpSP(GBA), and Daedelus(N64). PS1 games are also available, though an emulator won't be necessary as it is embedded within the firmware already.

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2007, 07:52:13 PM »
In Reply To #21

My brother has another psp, but it is firmware 270 something.  Although my brother's psp is the old one like mines, I assume that the firmware can be still downgraded since afterall, ppl found out how to downgrade the silm psps.

He lets me mod his, so I think I should try it and get the capcom emulator.  Thanks

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2007, 08:38:26 PM »
Thanks guys for all the info. However, are Pandora's Battery and homebrews safe or can it screw up the PSP?

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2007, 10:06:39 PM »
In Reply To #23

Well it can brick your PSP but the chances are slim. Most of the time people brick because they dont read the directions.

Offline Death

• I'll Be Seeing You Soon
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 04:39:13 AM »
Custom Firmware kicks ass. The Castlevania games I currently have on my PSP are:

Castlevania
Simon's Quest
Dracula's Curse
Super Castlevania IV
Dracula X
Bloodlines
Chronicles
Symphony of the Night
Circle of the Moon
Harmony of Dissonance
Aria of Sorrow

And hundreds of other NES, SNES, Genesis, and GBA games.

Tags:

anything