Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Akumajou Dracula X Gekka no Yasoukyoku (Saturn Version) - The right and wrong  (Read 53191 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)

(couldn't tell when playing the game. He'd be dead before I got to him)
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
He's an interesting CutMan-style enemy actually.
The tree's face is terrifying in an EvilClown type of way.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
That evil-smiling tree never bothered me considering Alucard can summon a friggin' COW with the shield rod. So it's not like there aren't any other silly ideas present in Symphony.

As for the other enemies, hey, the more the merrier. Just adds to the already unique bestiary. I do wish the areas themselves included better graphics, and maybe a new boss or 2. noobs across the world will forever wonder what that passageway at the castle entrance leads to every time they boot up Symphony on their 360s

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
This is my favorite version of SoTN by far. All the others feel incomplete to me after playing Nocturne.

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
I don't get how the Saturn port would feel more complete, to be honest. The Saturn extras were just extras, not complementary gameplay elements that we needed so desperately.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Some people just love Quantity over Quality.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
He's an interesting CutMan-style enemy actually.
The tree's face is terrifying in an EvilClown type of way.

Glad im not the only one who thinks the tree has a creepy face.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
Some people just love Quantity over Quality.

I agree.

Obviously the PSX version has better overall quality then the saturn version and yet some people prefer the saturn version just because of a few extra features that aren't really even that great IMO.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
Well, it could be those guys who are all like:
"omg richter haz a sprite sheet wit a long coat it luks so kool. its far bettr then any othur sprite sheet out their"

When about 40% of the homebrewer community has already made a better SotN sprite sheet. I still wanna edit the NitM one to be accurate. But I dunno where to get a resized sheet, and I'm pretty bad at doing it myself.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
Well now. This is the perfect opportunity for a little game.

You see, I have resized them, and posted it somewhere on this board in the past. Find them, and they're yours...

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
Well now. This is the perfect opportunity for a little game.

You see, I have resized them, and posted it somewhere on this board in the past. Find them, and they're yours...

Now that's mean.
*grumble grumble*

Gimme a hint. Was it a picture file posted straight on here? An attachment? A link?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:13:15 PM by Claimh Solais »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Did you post it? Ive looked through all your posts and I couldnt find any mention of it. Definitely not an actual picture, and I coudnt find any links to it.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
Wait wait wait... So I've been wasting my time?

Srsly?

Tags: