Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Tools for Game Creation that are cross platform  (Read 2354 times)

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
Tools for Game Creation that are cross platform
« on: May 03, 2015, 07:36:51 AM »
So I was browsing around and although I am not at all skilled I did find some of these programs to be interesting. You guys can comment and list your own if you can think of any,

Tiled

Tiled was actually used to make the levels in Shovel Knight and was also used in an MMORPG called The Mana World. I guess if you could make your own tiles, this shouldn't be too awfully hard to use and figure out.

Tea

Tea is a text editor made in QT. I guess like any text editor, its good for programming, assuming you know some language or something like C++. I only really know HTML 5 a tiny bit.

Krita

This can help as far as pixel editing and otherwise. Its a great alternative to Photoshop if you can't use it or don't have the money to pay for it.

Deflemask

This is not only a great alternative to Famitracker, it exceeds it as it can emulate other consoles' sounds other than the NES. This is great if you want to make chiptunes. There are also tutorials on You Tube as to explaining in detail how to use it and all the features it has.

That is about all I can really think of right now. Most of the apps I am using are QT apps as I don't use Windows or Gnome. I use KDE Steam OS. Least on my main PC.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Tools for Game Creation that are cross platform
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 10:13:01 AM »
These are some really good resources especially the map editor.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
Re: Tools for Game Creation that are cross platform
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 07:36:00 PM »
These are some really good resources especially the map editor.

:) Yeah I figured they would be great to list. Also I think to create a game engine in C++ this could help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy1I8sQ9J8k

As she says in the tutorial, you don't need any Microsoft or otherwise software to program in C++. You could use Tea or any notepad to do it.

Tags: