Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: When was the closest that you ever felt to being a vampire?  (Read 8063 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: When was the closest that you ever felt to being a vampire?
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 12:02:56 PM »
Last year we had a "USA day" in the Uni and this guy hosted a lecture about USA history and politics, hell if I know what his job was; anyway he was a young, very enthusiastic man and it was fun listening to him, but he was sure dressed in a funny manner!
It was a red tuxedo, with blue shirt and a white tie. So yeah, I understand you're trying to represent the American colors but seriously, man! You so colorful! You look like Ronald Mcdonald!  ;D
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 12:30:52 PM »
Ya don't say.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 01:09:38 PM »
The guy actually did look quite like this, lol
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 12:13:19 AM »
I developed rosacea on my face & ocular rosacea in my eyes as well. Being naturally one shade darker than anemic my whole life, the sun & I have never really had a great relationship. Now with the rosacea onset though, I LITERALLY must avoid it like the plague. The consequences? My face looks like I was in a grease fire, it feels like a permanent sunburn, my eyes (which were always light sensitive) are constantly dry now, so therefore bloodshot & even more light sensitive. My solution for when I simply must brave that devil star's rays? Big ol' sunglasses, SPF 60 sunscreen with zinc & a black umbrella. Yeah, I looked real good at my cousin's kid's outdoor birthday party in May.

So in summary, I guess my answer is I've felt more like a vampire since a month after I turned 27.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 12:42:40 AM »
@Lania: If you have such a terrible affliction to sunlight then why not live someplace that's dark half of the year? Say the north pole? It might be better for your health.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 01:48:27 AM »
If you have such a terrible affliction to sunlight then why not live someplace that's dark half of the year? Say the north pole?

"Don't worry for them, they will be relocated to a nice place, with plenty of water... Right in the middle of the ocean."  :P

lol kinda sounds like that.

~Charlie Sheen

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 08:36:19 AM »
"Don't worry for them, they will be relocated to a nice place, with plenty of water... Right in the middle of the ocean."  :P

lol kinda sounds like that.

Agreed. But don't worry, old Laina will be here for quite some time, if only as a lurker & occasional drunken commentator.

@Lania: If you have such a terrible affliction to sunlight then why not live someplace that's dark half of the year? Say the north pole? It might be better for your health.

That's only an option if I were one of those shark-faced "30 Days of Night" vampires.

It's terrible because summer was always my favorite season & this is triggered by heat & sun. Extreme cold can trigger it too though, so it's a sort of catch 22.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 10:19:22 AM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 11:59:25 AM »
It's terrible because summer was always my favorite season & this is triggered by heat & sun. Extreme cold can trigger it too though, so it's a sort of catch 22.

Damn. It's as if your life was geared to prevent you from enjoying it. And I'm sure it's not fun either.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 12:28:33 PM »
Oh well, Laina I suppose all I can recommend you is to exercise more and try to avoid stress.
I am probably quite biased since this is what helped me, I started believing that physical fitness can protect you from most diseases; the story is that I was quite sickly as a kid, yet ever since I started training regularly it seems like not only did I become stronger physically but also it's like my organism is stronger as well. Strangely enough, in the fairly hard conditions I had to go through in the army I never caught an illness in those 3 years, and in those two years that passed was never ill once (thank God).   
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 12:31:51 PM by Mooning Freddy »
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 01:07:51 PM »
Damn. It's as if your life was geared to prevent you from enjoying it. And I'm sure it's not fun either.

That is most certainly getting quoted my good sir.

Oh well, Laina I suppose all I can recommend you is to exercise more and try to avoid stress.
I am probably quite biased since this is what helped me, I started believing that physical fitness can protect you from most diseases; the story is that I was quite sickly as a kid, yet ever since I started training regularly it seems like not only did I become stronger physically but also it's like my organism is stronger as well. Strangely enough, in the fairly hard conditions I had to go through in the army I never caught an illness in those 3 years, and in those two years that passed was never ill once (thank God).   

Sound advice, Freddy. I do need to get back in shape physically (I've gained weight over the last 7 years that I am most decidedly not happy with) & it does seem that when I was younger & more active I was sick less in general. I've gotten a gym membership fro Christmas as I requested from a dear friend, so here's to a lovely start of the coming new year.
Groove is in the heart.

Tags:

anything