Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse  (Read 273883 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania Chronicles - Dracula's Curse
« Reply #765 on: June 03, 2015, 05:34:48 PM »
Looking forward to the OST release.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #766 on: June 03, 2015, 06:08:02 PM »
Thanks dude  8)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #767 on: June 22, 2015, 06:31:55 PM »
Hey fellas  :) I've been working on polishing up the beta the last few weeks and felt it's time to post up a new vid for youtube.  I hadn't checked for a while but it seems like the vids Darkman posted up for me on youtube have got a lot of good feedback especially lately so it's time for something a little more fresh :) This is a beta vid for my custom Doppleganger boss fight, hope you guys enjoy

Also, for best quality, click on the highest HD quality on the vid!

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #768 on: June 22, 2015, 07:51:00 PM »
As promised, here's my remaster of Clocktower:

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/6hwecrbpt8bmddt/Out_of_Time_-_Clocktower_of_Untimely_Death.mp3

\m/ 8) i dont know if it's where i haven't touched these tracks for a while, gotten smoother recordings, gear etc, combination maybe lmao, but im loving how these are turning out!  ;D

I'm not even a fan of "Clocktower" but that shit is legit.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #769 on: June 22, 2015, 08:29:34 PM »
I'm not even a fan of "Clocktower" but that shit is legit.
lmfao thanks dude!   ;D

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #770 on: June 23, 2015, 04:42:37 AM »
Hey fellas  :) I've been working on polishing up the beta the last few weeks and felt it's time to post up a new vid for youtube.  I hadn't checked for a while but it seems like the vids Darkman posted up for me on youtube have got a lot of good feedback especially lately so it's time for something a little more fresh :) This is a beta vid for my custom Doppleganger boss fight, hope you guys enjoy

Also, for best quality, click on the highest HD quality on the vid!

Here's some feedback I have after watching the video a few times:
  • I think the player's standing animation is a bit off as he seems twitches back and fourth in his idle pose. I compared it to both the SotN and PoR "Fake Trevor" sprites and they don't seem to have this issue. Easy fix though, just adjust the hot spots to be more consistent.
  • It seems like the entire boss animation takes about 19 seconds to finish, it's feels kind of long. Maybe it can be shortened a bit?
  • This is a personal gripe, but I'm really not a fan of of the use of a single 16x16 block to fill in for every floor and wall in an entire room. I know you're emulating some of the older Casltevanias which do the same thing, but it looks really poor in my option. I just can't help but compare it to other SNES games like Super Metroid which had a ton of variety not only in the tiles themselves, but the placement of said tiles to give each room an organic look and flow. Seeing as how a lot of graphics you're using are from the SotN style games, I'd highly suggest taking advantage of their more diverse tilesets in cases such as this.
  • Both the floor tiles and pillars behind the player layer are very.. green. It clashes with the brighter background you have behind it.
  • This isn't really a problem but more of an idea. The boss seems to work pretty well but maybe you make him more of a challenge by allowing him to use sub items against the player?

Anyways, I think that's about all I can think of at the top of my head; if there's anything else I failed to mention I'll post it here later. By the way, I like the boss music!

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #771 on: June 23, 2015, 04:20:32 PM »
Here's some feedback I have after watching the video a few times:
  • I think the player's standing animation is a bit off as he seems twitches back and fourth in his idle pose. I compared it to both the SotN and PoR "Fake Trevor" sprites and they don't seem to have this issue. Easy fix though, just adjust the hot spots to be more consistent.
  • It seems like the entire boss animation takes about 19 seconds to finish, it's feels kind of long. Maybe it can be shortened a bit?
  • This is a personal gripe, but I'm really not a fan of of the use of a single 16x16 block to fill in for every floor and wall in an entire room. I know you're emulating some of the older Casltevanias which do the same thing, but it looks really poor in my option. I just can't help but compare it to other SNES games like Super Metroid which had a ton of variety not only in the tiles themselves, but the placement of said tiles to give each room an organic look and flow. Seeing as how a lot of graphics you're using are from the SotN style games, I'd highly suggest taking advantage of their more diverse tilesets in cases such as this.
  • Both the floor tiles and pillars behind the player layer are very.. green. It clashes with the brighter background you have behind it.
  • This isn't really a problem but more of an idea. The boss seems to work pretty well but maybe you make him more of a challenge by allowing him to use sub items against the player?

Anyways, I think that's about all I can think of at the top of my head; if there's anything else I failed to mention I'll post it here later. By the way, I like the boss music!
Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions! :)
I fixed Trevors idle glitch lol, guess I was so used to it and focused on bigger problems I just put it off :P it ended up being a hotspot problem about halfway through the animation, I just had to move it over 1 pixel and it is spot on now. As for the start up, thats an easy fix. All I have to do there is just increase the speed of the slime ball orbs and it'll be good to go. As for the backgrounds, ive been a little iffy with those myself concerning the blocks. There are several other levels that dont have those, but more of the SOTN styl you mentioned so I left it as is, kind of a nostalgia throwback lol. And thanks for the comment on the boss tune! Thats an original track I made for the game, im a huge fan of the LoS series orchestra so I tried to capture that same feel lol

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #772 on: June 28, 2015, 08:16:43 AM »
WOW!! A great job here!!  ;D This music (This thing is fucking awesome :o , i can see a legit LOS feeling in it) brought to this boss some sort of grandiosity, and im digging in it!!
Also, this doppelganger will be able to transform in all characters if you change them in battle, just like the original, or will only have the trevors form?

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #773 on: June 29, 2015, 08:03:31 PM »
WOW!! A great job here!!  ;D This music (This thing is fucking awesome :o , i can see a legit LOS feeling in it) brought to this boss some sort of grandiosity, and im digging in it!!
Also, this doppelganger will be able to transform in all characters if you change them in battle, just like the original, or will only have the trevors form?
Thanks dude  8) yeah lol, when i have it done i'll have all 3 other characters for this fight as well, this is just a WIP lol.

Darkman talked me in to this, due to a high volume of views and comments so here is the "official" trailer:

Enjoy  ;D

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #774 on: July 06, 2015, 05:51:39 PM »
Slowly but surely making some more strides with the game  ;D Although not a huge thing, I've figured out how to make the dialogue work the way it should work in a game, instead of just having text fading in and out lol.  Just a small update  8) more to come soon!  It's just about time  ;D

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #775 on: July 07, 2015, 01:59:54 PM »
Been pretty busy with the game the last 2 days, here's another track remastered for you guys  8)

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/ob6uy0b8581q7bs/No_Man's_Land_-_Riddle.mp3

Also, i've just fixed the enemy freeze when you pick up a powerup.  The only things i can think of right off hand left to fine tune is Grant's dialogue, setting all enemies to freeze with sypha's ice magic and slowing down all the enemies for the stopwatch and unless i missed something i'll have the final beta ready to send out  ;D I'm going to give the game another full play through to make sure i didn't miss anything lol.  I'll make sure to report the progress when i get these ironed out.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #776 on: October 04, 2015, 04:38:56 PM »
Hey guys and gals  ;D believe it or not im still alive and lurking when i have the time lol.  This new job i have is REALLY zapping 95% of my time, but i did squeeze some time in to make a new custom track for a "big" boss battle:

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/xfr5myuirm8xcvt/Dusk_Ensemble.mp3

Hope you all enjoy  8)

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #777 on: October 06, 2015, 08:22:50 AM »
Glad to see that you're active!!
Hey, you're digging very hard in the LOS and MoF style!! this song is pretty awesome!! (the 1:26 part is chilling)
You have plans to add this to your game?  ;D
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 08:26:14 AM by eryson »

Offline spookyhappyfun

• Minecraft Forum Homepage
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #778 on: October 06, 2015, 11:18:38 AM »
I'm a little late, but I just watched the trailer and this game looks incredible! Great work and I look forward to playing it!

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #779 on: October 06, 2015, 03:15:57 PM »
I've got time to beta test and offer my feedback for the game if needed. I've played a build I found online a little while ago (labeled Castlevania Chronicles: Dracula's Curse BETA), but I don't know how accurate it is of the current version you have now. If it is more-or-less the same, I can go ahead and post my criticism here.

Tags:

anything