Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Nintendo 3DS-XL and Other Nintendo Info  (Read 8762 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: June 21, 2012, 10:34:19 PM »
Nintendo Direct Midnight EST Informational

Nintendo announces a Nintendo 3DS-XL that'll come out in August.

Plus:

Some extra info on upcoming games, including:
-Pokemon Black/White Version 2
-Fire Emblem has DLC
-New Super Mario Bros. 2 will have continued Coin Rush DLC made later on even after you've completed the game

Just look at the video.  :)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Re: Nintendo 3DS-XL and Other Nintendo Info
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 11:22:22 PM »
Is it just me or are gaming consoles and portable consoles being released almost as often as the games themselves? Didn't the 3DS just get released last year or something?
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 11:44:24 PM »
What's doubly amusing is I'm pretty sure Nintendo had said they don't have a new 3DS model down the pipeline, then a week or two later they announce the XL.

Anyway, I'd like one, but not enough to shell out dough for it. I'll stick to my 3DS, and, I dunno...wait a few years and see if an even better XL model comes out with better battery life, a second analog stick, and that. Right now I'd kind of like more games to play on the system...

Here's hoping New Super Mario Bros. 2 will be awesome like the first game. I didn't much care for the Wii one, and the Wii U one looks to be more of the same, so it can suck my nuts... When you're a lonely asshole like myself, playing a game clearly designed for multiplayer isn't fun at all, and NSMB Wii just does not work as a single player game. On the other hand, what made the Wii game so fun with others is just all the ways you can screw each other up, which is most of the fun my friends and I had playing Four Swords Adventures.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:49:52 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 12:03:25 AM »
What's doubly amusing is I'm pretty sure Nintendo had said they don't have a new 3DS model down the pipeline, then a week or two later they announce the XL.

Yeah, they said they where happy with the 3DS and that they weren't planning a new model. Actually, Miyamoto said they were looking at what the NEXT handheld would be rather than updating the current one.

Hmmm. I am getting a 3DS when Mirror of Fate comes out so I'm gonna keep an eye on this. Though I really want to play DS games on my 3DS and God knows how they will look on this big screen. I still have the very first DS model. Btw, a friend of mine looked at it and said "What the hell is that?"  :D. People are used to the DSLite or the DSi, and some have completely forgotten what the DS looked like in the beginning.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 12:08:11 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Ahh to heck with it -_-  . Why should I even care after a while Nintendo will release another version right? Not that it mattes I got my 3ds zelda edition  the only reason why I got a 3ds also along side for tales of the abyss, wonder why Namco did aybss over symphonia though and now there is a new cv, also does that spotpass thing work for anyone the only friend I got is Fils-aime and everyone got him also just wondering if there are any 3ds games that I could possibly play with anyone?

Yeah, they said they where happy with the 3DS and that they weren't planning a new model. Actually, Miyamoto said they were looking at what the NEXT handheld would be rather than updating the current one.

Hmmm. I am getting a 3DS when Mirror of Fate comes out so I'm gonna keep an eye on this. Though I really want to play DS games on my 3DS and God knows how they will look on this big screen. I still have the very first DS model. Btw, a friend of mine looked at it and said "What the hell is that?"  :D. People are used to the DSLite or the DSi, and some have completely forgotten what the DS looked like in the beginning.

I still have my big colbat ds but it's really wrecked yet still works  ;)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 12:11:36 AM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 12:20:35 AM »
I always hated the original DS model, so the moment the Lite came out and I could trade in my DS (which I got during a Target pricing error) for one, I did so. Way more comfortable to hold, backlighting, etc. I still hold on to the Lite even though I have a DSi XL now, which I adore, but the weight of the system makes games a little uncomfortable after a while.

So having screens that size for the 3DS would be nice. Instant I got my 3DS it just looked and felt too small. ;D But eh, having the XL would be a luxury, so if I ever have some expendable money and games that are enjoyable enough to warrant getting a second model, I'll probably spring—but probably not until the 3DS is done with so I can be sure there won't be another model or something.

NSMB2 looks totally awesome, by the way. Just saw the video and at first I thought the emphasis on coin collecting was a little dumb, until I saw just how fun and varied the collecting looks. And I'm still excited for the Epic Mickey title if just to see all the lush artistry. Hopefully it'll be a fun game; looks in line with the Magical Quest games.

I may pass on the Castlevania game, but we'll see. Depends on how awesome it looks...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 12:22:41 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 12:40:09 AM »

Yeah, Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion will be bought. I love how it has the same sound effect as in old Genesis classic Castle of Illusion when bouncing on enemies heads :D I think the game looks excellent. I am worried about it being too short or easy though.

Also, WHY doesn't the 3DS XL have the Circle Pad Pro built in? It confuses me. It's like Nintendo saying: "Yeah, the circle pad pro was just a random thing we released but we're not gonna use it anymore in the future."

I want that Fire Emblem game too. And NSMB2 of course.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 12:45:44 AM »

I want that Fire Emblem game too.

If I had the chance I would want to challenge you  :)

As for the dlc it's stuff like Marth and Roy from what I hear

Fire Emblem Awakening - Marth DLC footage
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 03:49:11 AM »
To be fair, it's not really a updated model as much as an alternate one.
The XL models have never been the norm.

If they made a 3DS-Lite (?) or something, now that would be something.
I am fond of my 3DS, but it's I can admit that it's parents had some other stuff going for them:
-The DS and GBA D-Pad isn't as recessed so it feels better in the DS and GBA.
-The DS and GBA D-pads also weren't so close to the center screen (DS and GB-Micro) so your thumb wouldn't keep running into the left bezel of the touch screen.
-The buttons feel rubbery instead of button-like, which the DS and GBA did just fine.
-The membrane Select and Start buttons are awkward to use when playing DS titles on 3DS.  Since the 3DS doesn't seem to use those buttons that much, it's not as much of a problem when playing 3DS games, but I don't think it was a good idea.  It looks like the 3DS-XL fixes that issue.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 03:51:18 AM »
I hope that they will get me on a job this week, so i can get some money and by a 3DS by the fall.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Johnny Alucard

• Vampire Hunter
  • Shanoa x Monica OTP
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 10:39:27 AM »
along side for tales of the abyss, wonder why Namco did aybss over symphonia though and now there is a new cv, also does that spotpass thing work for anyone the only friend I got is Fils-aime and everyone got him also just wondering if there are any 3ds games that I could possibly play with anyone?

Because Abyss is generally regarded much better than Symphonia. Not saying Symphonia was a bad game, but people (particularly in Japan, where the Tales games are much more popular) feel Abyss was simply better.

And it seems that you don't have anyone near your area with a 3DS.  As for 3DS games you can play online there's Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus, and I believe that new Mario Tennis Open as well. Those are off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 10:54:25 AM »
Super Street Fighter IV can be played online as well.
Also, Marth looks pretty great in that short video! :o
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 10:55:57 AM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 12:33:03 PM »
I've got a job, if i can keep it and collect some money, i'll go for a 3DS XL. :)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 06:04:08 PM »
Because Abyss is generally regarded much better than Symphonia. Not saying Symphonia was a bad game, but people (particularly in Japan, where the Tales games are much more popular) feel Abyss was simply better.

And it seems that you don't have anyone near your area with a 3DS.  As for 3DS games you can play online there's Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus, and I believe that new Mario Tennis Open as well. Those are off the top of my head, I'm sure there's more.

I just cannot believe that nobody would have a 3ds it makes me sad I cannot play with anyone  :'(

ToS is kick butt and ToTA, but I am starting to understand where this is coming from I just want a new version my used games are scratched and it pricey to get get a new one  :-X also tales on the go how can one beat that  ;D
(click to show/hide)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 06:42:26 PM »
Honestly, I want a 3DS XL, I mean it's bigger, 1 gram heavier, $30 more, and comes with 4gb SD card with 2 games.
Granted that my 3DS and all my 3ds/DS games were stolen about a month ago. this'll be a suitable replacement.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

anything