Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Legacy of Darkness HI-RES Texture Pack!  (Read 32498 times)

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Legacy of Darkness HI-RES Texture Pack!
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2008, 04:27:04 AM »
Crazy.

By the way, I'm wondering if Mupen64Plus allows texture packs...I'd like to try this out but there's no way I'm installing 1964.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2008, 07:54:45 AM »
try it. if this whole mupen supports the rice plugins, it should work. otherwise get project64, it's loads better than 1964, even the texture pack author agreed.

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2008, 08:45:09 PM »
I've had Project64 for some time, and I just upgraded to the latest 1.7 release (the *third* one I've had). Whee!

SomaCruzFirm

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2008, 11:27:50 PM »
Omg... speacially cuz LoD its one of my fav Cv's!!! thx thx thx thx  ;D

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2008, 10:24:13 PM »
No matter which emulator I play it on, some textures just don't load. I get most of them, but the ommissions are noticable (half of the pause screen, most of the Tunnel).

Does anyone have any advice?

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2008, 12:06:19 AM »
In Reply To #50

How much RAM do you have, it could be running out or something.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2008, 02:25:18 AM »
In Reply To #51

Thats my guess as well.

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2008, 12:59:53 PM »
I have 960MB...

Is that too little?

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2008, 04:33:09 PM »
In Reply To #53

That should be enough RAM, but it depends on what else is running while you play. Also what OS you have?

If you could provide a screenshot of what you see it would be easier to help you.

Is it the textures that aren't loading, or is it the polygons themselves? Do you get blank spaces entirely where a texture should be?

You might try going into the RICE video options and checking off "Near Z-plane Hack" in the the "current game options" while the game is running.

If "Use Software vertex clipper" is on in the DirectX tab, try turning that off.

Try turning on "use software and lighting transformation" (DirectX tab)

Make sure to test these separately. Don't pile effects on one another until you've weeded out the problem.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 04:35:50 PM by A N T R A X X »

NadsCthulhu

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2008, 04:35:45 PM »
Wow.  This is truly incredible.

If this is the closest we'll ever come to having some sort of LoD Chronicles, then I can honestly say I'm quite happy with this.

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2008, 05:50:33 PM »
That should be enough RAM, but it depends on what else is running while you play. Also what OS you have?

Windows XP.

If you could provide a screenshot of what you see it would be easier to help you.

Hrm. I wish I could get you a screenshot from the Tunnel, but I recently went on to the Castle Center, and I can't find a save file anywhere. Basically, what's going on is that the only high-res texture that is applied is that of the floor, while all other textures in the tunnel are the standard game textures. This is similar to the "parchment" of the pause screen, in that only the right half is high-res texture.

Is it the textures that aren't loading, or is it the polygons themselves? Do you get blank spaces entirely where a texture should be?

No blank spaces, just the existance of original textures in a few areas, mostly in the tunnel (it's fine pretty much everywhere else, pause menu aside), instead of the high-res textures that are supposed to replace them.

You might try going into the RICE video options and checking off "Near Z-plane Hack" in the the "current game options" while the game is running. If "Use Software vertex clipper" is on in the DirectX tab, try turning that off. Try turning on "use software and lighting transformation" (DirectX tab)

I'm actually using OpenGL here, since I don't have to deal with the absent sound channels resulting from using Direct X. Also, I experimented around with these options when I still used DirectX, and had no luck.

Also, I should add that these problems remain the same even when I'm using Glide64 (Naplam release) for my video plugin. Glide64 seems to negate terrible the slowdown that I experience in a few sections, such as the Art Tower in particular. However, for some weird reason, only a single frame of the custom fire animation remains intact. This doesn't occur with Rice.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2008, 06:39:18 PM »
In Reply To #56

Well it still might be the RAM, but otherwise, this is a very strange problem.

Have you made sure to update your vid-card drivers? It would seem to me if 3 separate video plugins give you the same error, it might be something having directly to do with your vid card.

BTW, what's your vid card?

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2008, 11:25:00 PM »
In Reply To #57

NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE. I just updated it, though there's no change.

Is this not sufficient?

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2008, 12:46:32 PM »
In Reply To #58

for anything today? No. You need like a 7900 or 8600 atleast to be even remotely viable today.

Offline corneliab

• Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2008, 02:30:45 PM »
Well, seeing as I'm not playing games that are at all current, I couldn't care less.

Perhaps there's something with my older video card that just doesn't support a certain, minor aspect of implementing high-res textures...

Tags: