Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What about the Wii CV?  (Read 3744 times)

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
What about the Wii CV?
« on: June 15, 2008, 05:41:27 PM »
With the lovely threat of a Wii title possibly in the works, let us speculate for fun what that might be. Will it incorporate the battle 0f 1999? Will it use the whip the way people think/fear? Will IGA quit: having dealt with his worse nightmare?

Let's find out!

(THIS WILL ALL JUST BE SPECULATION OF COURSE)

I don't know how many times I've said this, but if Metroid Prime can faithfully capture Samus' universe in 3D, why not Castlevania follow suit?

So this Wii CV might feature the 1999 story, and you'd play as Julius from first-person. I'm not sure if you'd use full motions with the mote to whip the whip, but maybe like Twilight Princess, just tiny ones will do. Maybe just special maneuvers require a full motion (like lassoing a foe and pulling them in or something).

The nunchuk, while used to move around and lock-on, could also be used to toss sub-weapons; with the heaviness of your motion and the angle determining how far it's thrown. But I dunno how well this would work since the nunchuck requires strong motions to read right. Maybe an item-crash would be performed by raising both mote and nunchuk and slamming them down.

Maybe you could just hold a button on the mote and use the mote to throw subweapons instead.

If it doesn't have to do with the 1999 battle, the character could use swords and shields and other weapons. Here, the sword or one-hand weapon would be on the mote, and the shield on the nunchuk.You'd raise the nunchuk to block, determining its angle in realtime. If you pop the nunchuk towards an incoming projectile at just the right time, you can reflect it back. If you do the same against a regular weapon strike, you can counter (ala TES:Oblivion).

Magic would be performed by holding a button and tracing a simple "glyph" in mid-air (similar to DOS, but don't have to be so accurate here). For instance, tracing a CCW cirlce and letting go of the spell button would create a barrier around you; whereas tracing an "s" shape would produce a gust of wind that pops your enemies into the air for an air-juggle.

The whip combo system would branch depending on the motion you use next with the mote.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 06:16:58 PM »
Personally I would like a year between LoI & CVIII be explored. I'd rather have Konami keep it's fans in suspense for the 1999 game for a looong time.

Offline jimmay17

• "Naysayer"
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 08:00:35 PM »
In Reply To #1

There have been very, very few first person action games that weren't shooters. Somehow, whip, sword, or in general non-gun gameplay isn't very conducive to the first person perspective. Much of this probably has to do with the proximity required for non-missile based weapon fighting.
I hate to say it, but I'm really, really hoping that the Wii 'vania ends up sucking. I do this, entirely selfishly, because the Wii  is the one system I won't even consider buying, and man will I be a sore loser if it ends up having a good exclusive Castlevania.
If I forgot "everything I knew about Castlevania" I certainly wouldn't be excited about a new one coming out now would I?

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 10:05:46 PM »
In Reply To #3

On the other hand, I hope that the Wii version doesn't suck, because there has been very few games for Wii that I have actually wanted to buy.  I can't say this is selfish, because pretty much everyone I know IRL that has a Wii wants a game to play for the system drastically.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 11:19:55 PM »
why does everyone want a wii castlevania? I think a 360 or PS3/2 release would suit the gameplay better. Slinging the wiimote for hours on end would suck.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline erimocard

• satin demon
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Gro
    • Awards
Re: What about the Wii CV?
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 05:34:24 AM »
In Reply To #5

I don't really want one! But I'll buy one!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 05:56:28 AM »
If i have, i'll buy every console that has a Castlevania game to play!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Tags: