Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 14 Characters???  (Read 12880 times)

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
14 Characters???
« on: July 15, 2008, 10:21:34 PM »
http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/castlevaniajudgment/news.html?sid=6194103&om_act=convert&om_clk=newlyadded&tag=newlyadded;title;1

Look at what we already know...
CONFIRMED FROM 1UP
Cornell (Legacy of Darkness)
Carmilla (Cv2,Circle of the moon/,Dracula X)
Trevor Belmont (Cv3, Curse of Darkness)
Sypha Belnades (Cv3)
Grant Dinesti/Denasty (Cv3)

CONFRIMED IN NP
Simon Belmont (Cv,Cv2, Chronicles, Cv4, Vampire Killer, Haunted Castle)
Alucard (Cv3, Symphony of The Night, Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow)
Maria Renard (Dracula X, Rondo Of Blood, Symphony of The Night)
Dracula (All games, as 'Soma Cruz' Aria of Sorrow, Dawn of Sorrow)
Shanoa (Order of Ecclesia)

HINTED BY IGN
Death (many)

That leaves only 3 characters we don't already know...
They better mean 14 characters to start with, and more to un-lock.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 12:21:07 AM by Alexc2808 »
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 05:50:35 PM »
Did Koji retcon Legend of Cornell?  If so, it's funny that he'd include him in Judgment anyway.  F, why not bring in Victor and Nathan while he's at it?  :]

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 06:28:33 PM »
+1
In Reply To #2
He later put COTM and 64 back in, via as an off shoot/alternate timeline.  So Legends is officially the only one that no longer exist timeline wise period.

And 14 characters isn't surprising, since it's the first fighting game in the franchise.  Some have started out with less than that on their first game. 

Persona

Re: 14 Characters???
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 07:29:24 PM »
I feel that Trevor is a waste of a slot especially for a game with 14 characters. There's alot of other characters out there that can give the game more variety. Simon should've been the only Belmont to represent them all (the whip user).

Also they could've added more variety by changing Sypha to say, Yoko from Soma series (if it's some magic user, they could've used Charlotte while having someone like Soma represent his own series) and have only Grant be the one representing CV3 since Alucard is most likely his SotN version.

Lets hope the last remaining slots isn't another Belmont. As much as I want Richter in, Simon already did the Belmonts justice. Doesn't need anymore in my opinion. :/
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 07:31:10 PM by Persona »

SomaCruzFirm

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 07:39:19 PM »
I just hope a bonus old clothes for the Epic trio
and... WHY NOT NATHAN D:!

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 08:14:18 PM »
well if thats say start off characters dont forget theres a "castle mode" where you go about finding items to add to the characters, so alternate clothing and possibly other fihgters to challenge and beat could become unlockable one site mention possible bosses to play as, and seeing all the dracula X characters my wonder is, which richter (if hes in it) would it be? or would he simplly be an unlockable outfit for simon (eg smash brothers alt costume for mario is wario) i surely hope its what you start off with altho some fighting games had only 12 total so, we'll see
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 08:21:41 PM »
+1
In Reply To #2

As Kamirine said, the CV64 games and CotM are gaiden/alternate timeline adventures. IGA HATES Legends. Resurrection, sad to say, was never officially released, hence it doesn't exist in ANY continuity, be it official or non-official. It's one of those rare occasions of games that oculd've been, yet were never meant to be, hence no looking back. It's like all those games that wind up cancelled and are never released. As far as existing to the public, and being there to play, they never will, hence we'll never know the whole story or anything besides what we've seen. That means, interestingly enough, Victor has less of a real CV presence than Sonia(which IGA hates) and Desmond Belmont(who most CV fans generally hate). And that kinda leads me to our wonderful sprite banner and why Victor's still there when he's as official as the nameless sprites from Bloodletting(Other "could haves"). Desmond, being as corny as he is, has more of a place up there than Victor. ;D

In Reply To #5

Cornell is the only one that IGA's warming up to. Carmilla originated from CV2, and was also in RoB BEFORE she was featured in CotM.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 08:24:30 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

Offline kevinski

• Vampire Hunter
  • Hunter in Training
    • kevinski.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 09:35:47 PM »
and seeing all the dracula X characters my wonder is, which richter (if hes in it) would it be? or would he simplly be an unlockable outfit for simon

It's interesting that you should say this. I'm curious as to why Simon has the ability to Item Crash. It'd make sense that Richter is some sort of alternate Simon, although it'd make much more sense for them to have Richter as his own character and maybe Simon and Trevor as swaps, in my opinion.

If there are three more characters, then I'm banking on one of them being Medusa. I'm hoping that Succubus makes an appearance, as well, as I think that her flight could make things interesting.
---
[ Web | kevinski.com ] [ Xbox Live | kevinski com ]

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 10:03:50 PM »
In Reply To #4
You can't have 1 Belmont in a castlevania fighting game, I'm surprised there is only two.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline RichterX

• The might of Legend
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 10:25:34 PM »
Nathan better be in this, screw Carmilla.
Holy Cross is best Item Crash.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 10:34:53 PM »
I just saw a video of the game play. I think its going in the right direction, though I don't think its very well done but hey, if other games get into this type of 3d battling, it'll be a good thing. Unless they all fail, and I don't get a job making video games, cuz this is one thing I'd like to do (3d multiplayer combat)

Persona

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 10:42:41 PM »
In Reply To #9

If you want more clones then be my guest. :P

I'm looking through a fighting gamer's point of view, not a fanboy's.

Having over 50% of the cast being the same old Belmont with a whip would probably be the most stupid thing IGA can think of. There's a reason why he put in DIFFERENT characters. So far his choices has been rather good IMO.

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 11:07:37 PM »
In Reply To #12
I am a hardcore fighting game fan.  Characters can have the same/similar weapons and play very differently.  You could even give one or two a morning star instead of a whip.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Persona

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 11:10:17 PM »
In Reply To #13

Yes, true, they can do that. I don't mind having more Belmonts, it's just that out of 14 slots, having one even near similiar would be a waste. If 50% of the roster were all Belmonts, I'm sure that people would whine and complain about why IGA wasn't creative enough to use something very different.

If the roster was like 30, I would be happy if they had all Belmonts. 14 is too low when there's like over 50 possibilities of choices when it comes to characters. If all Belmonts were in a 14 slot roster, there most likely wouldn't be room for characters like Drac, Grant, Cornell, Maria, Eric, Death, Succubus, Joachim, Soma, Charlotte, Pumpkin, etc.

My point to everything is 14 and too many characters to choose from.

The main question is, would you sacrifice Dracula, Maria, Grant, Cornell, Carmilla for characters like Juste, Richter, Julius, Leon, etc?

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 11:12:02 PM by Persona »

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 11:14:19 PM »
In Reply To #14
More than Carmilla, definitely yes.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Tags:

anything