Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Rondo of Blood spotted at ESRB website (NOW AVAILABLE IN USA)  (Read 23811 times)

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Rondo of Blood spotted at ESRB website
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 01:34:28 PM »
But so you guys know, an ESRB rating doesn't mean a release is imminent. I believe Kirby's Dream Land 3 got rated (from K–A to E) like a year or so before it finally came out.

buzzkill.
Well, maybe just wounded. At least it'll get here.  :P
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 01:59:56 PM »
Worst CV score ever, by a long shot; bastardizing one of the best in the series.

WUT

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 02:22:08 PM »
YOU HEARD ME

DON'T MAKE ME REPEAT IT

I'LL KILL YOU

SONSABITCHES

:P
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abster

• For the hell of it
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards

I support the better animation required cause.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 02:25:18 PM »
It's to be expected. Honestly, I don't mind at all—I'd rather have the Japanese logo and voice acting than the English stuff. If they had included the English translation, I'm sure that's all we woulda gotten, with no option for the original Japanese (and the much cooler-sounding German intro).

What would have been neat are English subtitles of the original voice acting, though.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 07:54:03 PM »
yup, just as expected.  i'd be quite surprised if it was translated, it wouldn't be a pure "import" title otherwise.  i'm tickled we're allowed to play it in its original form and get it at all on the Wii.

when this first came out in Japan, was it expected that everyone would play it on their keyboards?  yuck!  or was it a given that anyone who would play this game would also have some sort of controller hooked up?  i wonder what wii controllers the game would support.  i also wonder how much space it will take up.  all my Castlevania games are on my internal memory, i hope i don't have to switch to memory stick to play this.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 08:03:40 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 08:47:30 PM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/01/27/castlevania-rondo-of-blood-coming-soon-but-it-wont-be-in-english/

well fuck.

I don't mind. I've only ever played it that way anyway. I'm just happy I'll get to play it on my TV with a controller similar to the SNES controller. The buzz is back though if it was telling the truth about it being "released shortly".  :)
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 10:17:45 PM »
i wonder what wii controllers the game would support.  i also wonder how much space it will take up.

I think it's something like 270 "blocks." You've got that big honkin' CD soundtrack to think about.

As for controllers, it'll use any and all of them. It's just a two-button game, so take your pick.

I find it a tad annoying that when playing it on the classic controller, you have to use B and A for whip and jump. I'd prefer Y and B, since, y'know, that was the SNES standard. Why does the Virtual Console still not support custom button mapping for games other than arcade titles?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 11:16:27 PM »
I think it's something like 270 "blocks." You've got that big honkin' CD soundtrack to think about.

As for controllers, it'll use any and all of them. It's just a two-button game, so take your pick.

I find it a tad annoying that when playing it on the classic controller, you have to use B and A for whip and jump. I'd prefer Y and B, since, y'know, that was the SNES standard. Why does the Virtual Console still not support custom button mapping for games other than arcade titles?

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the classic controller, thats why you need one of these SNES Wii Controllers. They're amazing!

What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 12:20:39 AM »
The arrangements are bland and lifeless, and the sounds used are awful. They should have gotten the guy who did the X68000 Chronicles score to do DXC. Similar kind of approach to remixing, but done a hell of a lot better in one case over the other.

I'm going to have to agree to disagree entirely. I thought they did a very good job at arranging the music while keeping the original "character" of the song.
That, and I loved the Dance of Illusions arrangement.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 12:54:37 AM »
Yeah I'm not a big fan of the classic controller, thats why you need one of these SNES Wii Controllers. They're amazing!

I've got two of those, but the button mapping's still the same. It's just a classic controller in the SNES pad shape and no sticks nor analog shoulder buttons.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline John Capricorn

• Celebrate good times, c'mon. Celebrate ...etc
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 03:11:51 AM »

abnormal freak, indeed, you even played the game?  even any person who has played Akumajou Deacula X Chi no Rondo knows that is a three button game, but i will leave you to figure out what button you forgot when you called it a "two button game"  
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 03:19:21 AM by John Capricorn »

Offline John Capricorn

• Celebrate good times, c'mon. Celebrate ...etc
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 03:16:39 AM »
also calling Dracula X Chronicles a "shitty handheld game" was really uncalled for.  you don't even know that rondo uses three buttons but are throwing down some heavy opinions.  definition of n00b right there imo.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 03:18:21 AM by John Capricorn »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2010, 11:23:03 AM »
Oh, fuck me, I forgot the item crash, which I rarely ever use. SHIT, IT'S A THREE-BUTTON GAME.

I was simply referring to the face buttons. You know—Y, X, B, and A.

If you wanna get really technical, you could call it a five- or eight-button game. (If you include the start button and depending on whether you consider the D-pad as one button or four.) Hell, throw in two more buttons for the turbo.

And I never called DXC shitty (though I called its music such); I was simply replying to the guy who said that "We already have Rondo on the PSP" or something, and I just said that it's way better on a TV.

Edit: Oh, and HA! That was you who made the PSP comment (looking back just now). And also the guy who apparently got extremely butt-hurt from me saying the music sucked. So much that you hate me? OK. :O
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 11:59:41 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2010, 11:46:32 AM »
im a n00bz cuz i forgotz to inclood thee item crash bootawn

Despite the fact I've been playing Castlevania games since I was a tyke in the late '80s.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags:

anything