Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Christopher Belmont- The Unsung Hero  (Read 9986 times)

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Christopher Belmont- The Unsung Hero
« on: September 26, 2007, 08:04:15 PM »
What do you all think of this neglected Belmont?
Should he (or his son) recieve an encore?

The only thing that pisses me off is his absence of any reference to him in PoR. I understand they tried to focus on original sprites for the Greatest Five dual-crush, but still...the man fought Dracula twice, had to duel his own son, had to go through like 5 different Castles, yet they couldn't make one nod to him.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 08:30:49 PM »
I never played himand I suspect lots of people haven't either. Thats probably why.

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 08:32:13 PM »
Let's not forget that he is the Belmont they used in the comic book mini-series "Castlevania: The Belmont Legacy"
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 08:55:54 PM »
In Reply To #2
Lots of people haven't played him, you say? What do you base that assumption on..

Personally I'm dying to see Christopher in a remake of Belmont's Revenge.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 09:01:12 PM »
i based my assumption on the fact that no one talks about him. If people play games they talk about it. Hate or love.

Offline diobrando

• Castlevania Chronicler
    • Awards
Re: Christopher Belmont- The Unsung Hero
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 09:33:36 PM »
i based my assumption on the fact that no one talks about him. If people play games they talk about it. Hate or love.

Or rather because most of the "fans" here are just in truth fans of the IGA-style Castlevanias starting with Symphony of the Night. That's why no one here talks about them much, because they haven't played the game. Luckily for me, I've finished both Castlevania: The Adventure and Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge.

I for one am hoping for IGA to remake Christopher Belmont's story. Oh and another thing, IGA did mention or did have a little reference to Chrisptopher Belmont, just not in PoR. It was in Harmony of Dissonance, where there's a certain whip enhancement called "Bullet Soul" (which in Japanese was "Christopher's Soul") which takes a nod at Christopher's Vampire Killer whip enhancement; fireballs shoot out of the whip when Juste's HP is full.

Indeed Christopher is one of the unsung Belmont heroes and his legend is one of the least talked about in the series. He's one of the few Belmonts to have fought Dracula twice in their lifetime (like his descendant Simon Belmont). He was the first Belmont in the official canon, not to have used any subweapons when he first faced Dracula (thus Dracula wasn't fully destroyed and was able to escape to wait for his chance at vengeance after 15 years). And he was also the only Belmont to face his own son/blood in battle; the ONLY Belmont VS Belmont battle in the historical canon of Castlevania. For me, his story is one of the most memorable stories in Castlevania history and is worth looking into. In my opinion, his story led to the development of IGA's current ideas like:

- Players facing off a Belmont in battle. (like in SotN, AoS and PoR)
- Belmonts being suseptible to corruption (like in Richter's case)

For me, it deserves a retelling/remake because people aren't exposed to the past Castlevania heroes before IGA's time. His legend is worth being part of the Castlevania: Chronicle remakes in my opinion.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 10:10:36 PM »
In Reply To #1

Hell yes, he deserves a second chance.

As does Soleil.

Offline ProtoBelmont

• is not a newbie
  • Hunter in Training
  • I am the voice inside your head
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 10:57:26 PM »
Indeed Christopher is one of the unsung Belmont heroes and his legend is one of the least talked about in the series. He's one of the few Belmonts to have fought Dracula twice in their lifetime (like his descendant Simon Belmont). He was the first Belmont in the official canon, not to have used any subweapons when he first faced Dracula (thus Dracula wasn't fully destroyed and was able to escape to wait for his chance at vengeance after 15 years). And he was also the only Belmont to face his own son/blood in battle; the ONLY Belmont VS Belmont battle in the historical canon of Castlevania. For me, his story is one of the most memorable stories in Castlevania history and is worth looking into. In my opinion, his story led to the development of IGA's current ideas like:

- Players facing off a Belmont in battle. (like in SotN, AoS and PoR)
- Belmonts being suseptible to corruption (like in Richter's case)

For me, it deserves a retelling/remake because people aren't exposed to the past Castlevania heroes before IGA's time. His legend is worth being part of the Castlevania: Chronicle remakes in my opinion.

Ah wow! Very well said!! As long as Castlevania still clings on to life as a series, I'd love to see such a remake come out as well. That whole little gameboy saga is unsung as a whole... : (

Offline diobrando

• Castlevania Chronicler
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 11:43:40 PM »
Ah wow! Very well said!! As long as Castlevania still clings on to life as a series, I'd love to see such a remake come out as well. That whole little gameboy saga is unsung as a whole... : (

Agreed. And I hope the remake will appear on the Nintendo DS, since Nintendo's handheld was home to this saga in the first place.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 01:23:25 AM »
In Reply To #1

Also, I keep saying this every time the subject of Chris Belmont comes up, but his some of the pieces from his games REALLY deserve to be remixed! Praying Hands, tunes like that...those were really catchy for just the gameboy, imagine how they'd be on the DS :)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 01:39:20 AM »

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Christopher, but I can't seem to stand either of his games. Belmont's Revenge was a lot better than Adventure, but not by far.

However, I really think IGA should remake his two games, cause the music kicks ass and I think the limitations of the original Game Boy has A LOT to do with the fact that I dislike these games so much.

Also, Soleliuy... Soleiyu... Soleioyoeyuyu???
Anyway, that dude deserves a game of his own.

Offline superDioplus

• Unknown
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Shinshoku no Roen
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 04:22:40 AM »
I loved Christopher and his games, especially the battle between him and his son Soleiyu. That battle was truely epic, and with an excellent piece of bach's music as background. Oh man, that could make me cry. ;(
Condemned Red Spirit

Offline Darth Cariss

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 04:45:20 AM »
I sadly have never played the gameboy Castlevanias, so I'd like to see them remade also so I could enjoy the story.

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 05:23:13 AM »
Signature:

S10nett

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 07:47:41 AM »
I missed out on the original gameboy Vania's too and I'd like experience them for myself.

Question: since Christopher's son was possessed did he take another form, demon perhaps or was he still human when he confronted his father?

Did Christopher's son eventually become a vampire-hunter too?

And Christopher is grandfather to Simon right? And descendent of Trevor?

Tags:

anything