Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: OoE pLot twist? *Possible Spoilers*  (Read 23802 times)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 05:32:18 PM »

SEARCH YER FEELINGSS
YOU KNOW IT TO BE TR00

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 11:03:26 PM »
In all fairness, Castlevania has never been known for particularly groundbreaking plots, although AoS did have an interesting one. Prunyuu~~

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 06:36:26 AM »
In Reply To #17

Aria broke the mold and revolutionized the Castlevania story moreso than any other game since Dracula's Curse.  Lament may have done just as well, but IGA played it safe by tweaking Coppolla's origin story.

Order of Ecclesia is going to follow a more traditional "destroy Dracula and watch his Castle crumble" narrative.  The only real intrigue here is how the Belmonts and VK figure (or don't figure) into the new story.

The only fresh story Castlevania has left is the period of time between Leon and Trevor --and there are numerous possibilities...  Belmont adventures without Dracula.  Mathias' adventures to become Dracula...

For all these rumblings about making a Castlevania movie --I'd like to see a movie about Dracula establishing his unholy domain, romancing Lisa, the birth of Alucard, Lisa's death, and Dracula's retalliation.  If you think about it, all that material would be virtually impossible to fit into your traditional Castlevania game.

Sorry to ramble off topic...

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2008, 10:46:50 AM »
In Reply To #3
 I get the feeling that this Albus guy will turn out to be quite a hero, and I have a sneaking suspicion that he may even be the first Morris to wield the Vampire Killer.

warfreak

Re: OoE pLot twist? *Possible Spoilers*
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2008, 11:04:45 AM »
Well, I have the feeling that Albus will turn out to be good in the end. He will help defeat Dracula possibly because the Order either a)is brainwashed, b)not going about it the right way, c)is actually a cult serving dracula.

Just please let him not be.. *shudder* Albus BELMONT. Though since the Belmonts have "disappeared".. Hmm.  ;D

Shanoa was just used by the Order to get the Dominus glyph from Albus who was trying to SAVE it. Then the glyph is taken by the Order, and Shanoa and Albus are left with no means to destroy Dracula. They team up, grab back the Dominus, and beat up Dracula in the end.

Oh, and Barlowe is actually Death.

This is just wild guessing on my part.  ;)

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2008, 01:32:24 PM »
warfreak, you actually have a pretty solid point. Death always turns out to be the creepy priest/old guy. I'm also certain that Albus will be good dude.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 05:14:19 PM »
In Reply To #21
Death has only done that once.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2008, 06:23:09 PM »
I thought Shaft was known as the creepy priest/old guy:

THIS MOTHA FUCKA:

;D

Man, I wish we had THAT Shaft instead :(

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Algernon

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2008, 07:12:52 PM »
Grand Theft Ecclesia!

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2008, 08:44:29 PM »
Wasn't "Mr. Barlowe" the name of the vampire in Stephen King's "Salem's Lot?" That'd be interesting if he turned out to be a servant of Drac in OoE...prunyuu...

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2008, 10:23:34 PM »
Well, I have the feeling that Albus will turn out to be good in the end. He will help defeat Dracula possibly because the Order either a)is brainwashed, b)not going about it the right way, c)is actually a cult serving dracula.

Just please let him not be.. *shudder* Albus BELMONT. Though since the Belmonts have "disappeared".. Hmm.  ;D

Shanoa was just used by the Order to get the Dominus glyph from Albus who was trying to SAVE it. Then the glyph is taken by the Order, and Shanoa and Albus are left with no means to destroy Dracula. They team up, grab back the Dominus, and beat up Dracula in the end.

Oh, and Barlowe is actually Death.

This is just wild guessing on my part.  ;)

With the exception possibly of Death being Barlowe, that's pretty much how I except the story to go, esp. since Nintendo Power stated that Albus *seemed* like the bad guy but there might be 'more to him than meets the eye'.

Though I'm curious to see what's important that Shanoa forgot.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2008, 07:06:46 AM »
and the sad thing is, it probably will be like that. the games reuse the same plot idea of the role reversal too much, at least the weak 2d game plots.

it'd be kinda refreshing if the young guy who everyone thinks will eventually go to the good side and aid you would actually remain evil to the end and out of his own will, not because "dracula/other bad guy controlled him lol" like it was the case in cva2 (soleil), sotn (richter), cotm (hugh), hod (maxim), pork (sisters) and to an extent cod (isaac was partially corrupted by the curse as far as i remember).

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2008, 08:43:00 AM »
In Reply To #27
How would that be refreshing?  Less like Cv games, but more like fricken disney movies.  Please no stale evil for evil's sake villains...  I think it is plainly obvious that he is not controlled by anyone, but he knows something Shanoa doesn't and is trying to work for the greater good.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2008, 09:23:08 AM »
wait how can there be a plot twist homes, we don't know the plot yet??
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2008, 09:26:23 AM »
How would that be refreshing?  Less like Cv games, but more like fricken disney movies.  Please no stale evil for evil's sake villains...  I think it is plainly obvious that he is not controlled by anyone, but he knows something Shanoa doesn't and is trying to work for the greater good.
no i don't mean evil just to be evil, i mean i don't want anymore evil because he's controlled, but once the control fades he becomes a goody two shoes like every hero turned villain in igavanias. i'm sick of those stale plot twists, mainly because iga uses them far too often.

also i never said anything about the motive, so where the hell did you get that disney referrence from? ::)

a "not exactly a real villain, more of 'not playing for either of the teams', so both the order and dracula would be enemies for him" would be ok too, provided he doesn't decide to soften up at the end.

something like he got tired of being pushed around by barlowe or whatever the old dude's name is and decided to quit the order, stealing their best weapon along the way to become famous for defeating dracula single handedly.

and no "i'm too weak, can i leave everything to you and be your friend?" crap like richter/hugh/maxim/sisters either. i'd rather him die a heroic death fighting for his own ideals till the end.

Tags: