Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: OoE pLot twist? *Possible Spoilers*  (Read 23802 times)

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2008, 11:17:53 AM »
In Reply To #75

I assume we've finally arrived at a decision? Finally being the keyword here...
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: OoE pLot twist? *Possible Spoilers*
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2008, 05:25:29 PM »
In Reply To #74
Nintendo Power clearly states that it is not what it appears.  It never says anything about jealousy, I have the magazine next to me right now.
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2008, 07:12:07 PM »
In Reply To #74
Nintendo Power clearly states that it is not what it appears.  It never says anything about jealousy, I have the magazine next to me right now.

From page 41 of the July issue of Nintendo Power.

Another member of Ecclesia is Albus--a brooding shotgun-weilding young man (and Barlowe's pupil) who apparently betrays the society at the beginning of the game.

Ecclesia's ultimate weapon against Dracula is the supreme Glyph, Dominus, but during a ceremony at the beginning of the game Albus jealously steals it for himself, costing Shanoa her accumulated power and her memory in the process.

The nature of Shanoa and Albus's relationship has yet to be revealed, and the same goes for Albus's true motives; in the world of Castlevania not everything is always as it seems.

---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2008, 07:22:15 PM »
Sounds to me like you're lead to believe one thing but it might change during the course of the game. It just sounds like it's strongly hinted at but may or may not actually happen at all.

...Unless they've played the entire game or far enough to know otherwise. Personally, I'm with, who was it, Serio?  I'd like it better if his motives were bad/evil from start to finish.

Or at the very least, it's not Barlowe was actually evil the entire time and Albus was good, blah de blah de blah...

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2008, 08:24:34 PM »
I just want the game to be good and the story to fill the plot hole with the Morrises. Otherwise I couldn't care less about what's going on in this particular scene.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline ChibiMaddiChan

• I'm a bitch of an itch.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Butts that itch should be washed. That is all.
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2008, 10:48:28 PM »
I'm practically positive that somehow, someway, the Morris family will get brought up.  They'd better, along with why the Belmont family can't touch the whip and went MIA.

Not worried about the game being good, sense so far, I've liked everything I've seen or read so far. Gameplay wise anyway.

---
I was suppose to say something profound here. I don't 'do' profound so much as ramble so...whatever. Here lies text. Congratulations for reading it.  You were as bored as I am. Seriously, stop reading, you can't be that bored.  Still here? Really?  You officially are my new favorite person and now are owed one internet cookie. Don't eat it though, it gives you bad gas.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2008, 05:00:58 PM »
I'm practically positive that somehow, someway, the Morris family will get brought up.

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2008, 03:51:55 PM »
*blinks myopically*

"Glyphs" are the new Spell/Ability/DS/SF/SFII/ID System this time around (see: Gimmick of the week), characters are the usual JRP-stock brooding n' backstabbing types with the full potential to further convolute an already waning storyline, and graphics have almost taken a step back towards the GBA Aria days.

. . . . The plot had better not suck. Otherwise, we're looking at a bigger letdown than CoD-Awful and PoRk combined.

And dat's my Cold Harsh Shit for the new release!  ;D

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline Alexc2808

• JerkofWonder
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2008, 04:23:42 PM »
In Reply To #83
AT least you half admit that your just trolling.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 04:25:57 PM by Alexc2808 »
I am Jerkofwonder.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2008, 11:27:07 PM »
In Reply To #84

Well, he's entitled to his opinion. ^^

Myself, I hardly agree with it...I think OoE is looking good, both graphics and plot-wise. I don't really see how any of the effects are GBA quality--they look quite good to me. As for the plot, it's quite derivative, but really, Castlevania plots have hardly been known for their originality. At the very least Shanoa is not as annoying as Johnathan, and the characters do seem to have more personality than they did in DoS.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2008, 04:54:29 PM »
At the very least Shanoa is not as annoying as Johnathan, and the characters do seem to have more personality than they did in DoS.

One: Shanoa's much hotter than Jon-boy, or even Charlotte. Her design is more pleasing to the eyes in general.

Two: aside from the setup we know, we don't know jack about their personalities.

Offline Mobius

• Balls of Molten Steel
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2008, 03:58:14 PM »
*whispers to A N T R A X X*

By more personality, of course he means "doesn't look like a Saturday morning anime character." I agree. - Shan totally has the late-night Toonami look going for her. ^_^

"When it comes right down to it, extinguishing a living soul is as easy as blowing out a candle."

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2008, 05:29:22 PM »
In Reply To #87

I think you mean [adult-swim].
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2008, 05:07:43 PM »
I like Adult Swim  8)

Offline Marty Belmont

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2008, 07:02:26 PM »
In Reply To #1

I'm speculating a Morris will make an appearance somewhere.
depending on the time period this is set, maybe Shanoa will end up being Quincy Morris' mother? (Maybe Albus is Secretly a Morris, and thus the Father)

PORK

Portrait of Rockin' Kastlevania

Tags:

anything