Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Remix  (Read 601124 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2011, 10:17:52 AM »
Haha, no, that isn't me. I wish I rocked that hard.

I don't particularly have any musical talent.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:21:10 AM by uzo »

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2011, 10:26:59 AM »
Haha it's all good dude! I'm using praying hands for sure, I don't have a mix for the next 4 but I plan on using new messiah, original sin, psycho warrior and Opening. I love those jams!!
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #137 on: June 12, 2011, 06:39:47 AM »
A rather bad arrangement of Wicked Child by, yours truly, me. I made this a long time ago experimenting with distorted guitar. It's good for most of it, but there's a rather random piano part later on in making a pointless reference to "Theme of Simon Belmont", actually sounding like its about to play that. No worries, I plan on fixing this song. ^.^ (Pssst! I'm aware of the wrong notes! I suck at learning by ear!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Jov1FNDGs
Wicked Child - Claimh Solais

And a rather mediocre CV medley by me. ^.^ It was good until Poison Mind came in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7QLR0taX8Q
Castle Groove - Claimh Solais
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 06:42:03 AM by Claimh Solais »
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: June 12, 2011, 06:25:47 PM »
Those arent bad dude! stop downing yourself man, if you do that you could never hope to improve in any way.  Look at it like this, take your songs, and think of your musical inspirations.  That's what i do man, my biggest influences are Zakk Wylde, Dimebag Darrell, Dave Mustaine and Eddie Van Halen. When i do something, i step back and say "would the guys (being my influences) like this? could they do it better?" and i go from there.  Keep it up man, and throw some more vids on here!!!! i really dug the medly! ;D

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: June 12, 2011, 06:50:36 PM »
Those arent bad dude! stop downing yourself man, if you do that you could never hope to improve in any way.  Look at it like this, take your songs, and think of your musical inspirations.  That's what i do man, my biggest influences are Zakk Wylde, Dimebag Darrell, Dave Mustaine and Eddie Van Halen. When i do something, i step back and say "would the guys (being my influences) like this? could they do it better?" and i go from there.  Keep it up man, and throw some more vids on here!!!! i really dug the medly! ;D

Well, the biggest reason I say they're bad is cuz I have improved. ^.^ I'm holding out on hard-rock/metal songs at the moment until I get proper equipment, though (all I have is synth). Then I'm gonna redo these tracks with some blarin' guitar! lml

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: June 12, 2011, 07:40:04 PM »
Well, the biggest reason I say they're bad is cuz I have improved. ^.^ I'm holding out on hard-rock/metal songs at the moment until I get proper equipment, though (all I have is synth). Then I'm gonna redo these tracks with some blarin' guitar! lml
I feel ya on the sound and equipment dude.  I mainly am remastering all the tracks because i got some new speakers, new pickups and DRASTICALLY changed my amp's EQ giving my guitars a complete 180 in the sound it gave.  I also started running my bass through a preamp directly into my computer since i dont have a bass rig and it sounds great!!!! speaking of which, if you are really interested in doing computer recordings you may wanna look into getting a guitar preamp.  If i didnt have my peavey i would be using my guitar preamp for everything!  I just cant get away from my tube amps dude! i love em! lol

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: June 12, 2011, 07:42:28 PM »
Guitar preamp? Hmm... Sounds interesting. I'll check it out. ^.^

And I'm currently burnt out on Castlevania remixes. I'll come back shortly with more.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: June 12, 2011, 08:41:46 PM »
Guitar preamp? Hmm... Sounds interesting. I'll check it out. ^.^

And I'm currently burnt out on Castlevania remixes. I'll come back shortly with more.
WHAT??? burnt out??? Lmao! If you think about looking into a preamp, check eBay for w rocktron chameleon 2000. I have one and they are GREAT! and you could probably snag one under a hundred bucks. What's cool about it is that it has 4 separate amp modes and you can simulate speaker cabs too, plus it's got TONS of effects. If u would like I could make an example mp3 tomorrow to let you hear how it sounds...

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: June 12, 2011, 08:49:40 PM »
That'd be nice, if you could PM an example to me. And it could make the hard-rock style music that your game has and that Harmony of Despair has? Cuz that's what I've been looking to make. :D

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2011, 05:32:17 AM »
It sure can! But keep in mind it's not a synth, its basically a guitar amp so however well you play or don't play will determine the sound you get lol. I'll see if I can hook you up with an example this evening sometime.  8)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: June 15, 2011, 02:15:29 PM »
Yeaaaaaah~! I found out my music making program has a Midi Synth in it, so I just tried it out. Made this in a couple minutes. It's (that's right) another version of Bloody Tears! Lemme know what you think. ^^

Click here to listen

EDIT: I just made this one for my game "Vampire Huntress"!
Clicky here
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 02:57:37 PM by Claimh Solais »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2011, 09:34:10 PM »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #148 on: July 05, 2011, 07:49:24 PM »
Scale The Machine is just classic badass.

Digging those in the post above the last too. Really nice covers.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: July 05, 2011, 07:56:08 PM »
Hey guys, sorry its been awhile since my last post, been crazy as all hell out here the past few weeks!!! this is in response to Claim Solais' request of a guitar preamp demo....i NEVER imagined it would turn out so good!!!! i may just end up using this as my setup from now on!!!!  ;D anyways, here's the link to my remix of "Dont Wait Until Night" (i LOVE this song man!!!!!) it just repeats for the moment as its just a test but you guys get the idea.  im back and will be working on more tunes and focusing on Vamprotector more now that things have calmed down a bit.  Enjoy!!  8)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1023974