Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report  (Read 190618 times)

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Re: Super Castlevania 3 Project--Progress Report
« Reply #210 on: April 14, 2014, 08:29:15 AM »
Thanx guys for the feedback. yeah these are work in progress. I agree that trevors shoulferpad should move lightly and not as much so move like his arm. it will be fixed momentarily . If you guys have anymore suggestions please let us know. thanx a million. ;D

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: April 14, 2014, 08:37:30 PM »
Oh yeah..i see what you guys mean..yeah i'l get to those eventually..they  wont be hard fixes. .. 8) 8)

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: April 14, 2014, 08:44:14 PM »
Yeah..i was suprised i actuallly got to post them so they wouldnt just be links(actual gifs).. Friggin' imageshack now wants to make people pay for a premium accuount just to upload pics.. :-[
photobucket is also canned..wth happened with that place.  I cant log in nor access the site at all???? :P
 how lame??? Well i had to make a new account at impur seems to be ok.. Le'ts hope they dont go off the deep end like the other 2. :rollseyes: :rollseyes: :rollseyes:

Offline TheRetroArtist

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #213 on: April 24, 2014, 12:30:56 PM »
+2
Hey guys, sorry we haven't posted much lately. We've been having some technical issues with the game, but now we're back on track. Las is working on some new backgrounds and sprites, and I'm fixing some bosses and working on new ones. We've been chatting for a bit and let's just say I'm pretty excited for what we have in store. So yeah you can expect some good thing real soon. ;)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: April 24, 2014, 03:59:36 PM »
Yeah..defeintly! We are still hard at work here to tweak this and that.. Soon i'll be making adjustments to things like grant/sypha not reaching top of stairs..and varies platforms that are too far to jump across.. It's coming along..

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: May 06, 2014, 07:07:10 PM »
Hey Guys..though we've been making adjustments here and their with the game. I figured i'd show some tweaks made to the Tower stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFF-kx0X6WA&feature=youtu.be

I've added in some y parrellexing for good measure aswell. I"ll have to hit up Jop soon with a newer update. I've also done some revamping to the Inner halls..you could say it fits the more indoors theme this time around. But i'm by no means ready to post that yet. Well figured i'd post this up to remind you guys we are very much alive and kickin'! K enjoy!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: May 06, 2014, 11:29:06 PM »
Nice vid! However I noticed that Trevor kept getting knocked off the stairs when hit. This could pose a real frustration later on in areas like the Doppelganger stage. It would be one cheap kill after another against the player (as if CV III NES wasn't kill-cheap enough  :P). I realize that this is still a beta game so bare with me please  ;D  I would also like to recommend a little extra sauce to the collapsing vertical shaft that you've got set up. Now when I mean sauce I'm referring to having the screen give the illusion that the tower is sinking ever time to screen moves up. Just like it does in CV III when the screen moves and you see and hear that *BAM!* next screen *BAM!* and so on. I think it would work out really well.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #217 on: May 07, 2014, 04:10:40 AM »
I agree with X. Also, I think you could space the flying dragons out a little more plus some different patterns of movement, it's kinda noticeable.

Also those scrolling clouds in the background in the outside are look cool, you should make them throughout the whole background. The moon and the mountains scroll at a slower different speed so it looks a little off. I would just feel the whole area with the fast clouds.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 04:14:42 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline TheRetroArtist

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: May 07, 2014, 04:06:32 PM »
Yeah I plan on changing the pattern of the movement for the flying dragons. Just need to get around to doing so. :P
As for background thing, well I'll let Las deal with that since I only do the coding lol.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: May 07, 2014, 04:54:25 PM »
Well..at darkman x..yeah i could do that..with the clouds..would be tricky though..i'd have to talk to retro..i need to make the clouds loop but be an object..they cant' be a background..it wont work..cause of the tiles and objects..will overlap them..and backgrounds dont take priority in gm.. as much..i though actually to add them in preferablly the last room and probalb liek aroudn 5 or6 and up..cause i dont think the clouds would be that low in lower rooms..hard to tell..but it is a neat feature so yeah i may try that. Morover some rooms are empty..and i wanted to add spike traps..or crushers..but the kind in Dos..that dont have spikes..in room 6 i think..the one with the 2 flail guards. But i'm not certain..the level is a complete pain in the ass to beat..it isnt easy as is...i wanna make it doable..And yeah..X is right the skeleton guardds will pose a hugh problem on the stairs..especially now that i double up with obreck's old ones..and the medusa head style ones.. it will cause you to become trapped at times..and make it uber hard..illl have to throw in a piece of meat somewher down the line..
Man it would be neat to put a cake in the walll..instead of a pot roast or piiece of meat Trevor is like wah....No way..thanks drac'....a birthday cake...how did you know??lol

Well..anyhow..i've been making some adjustements with sprites too..atm..i'm highly consider spriting up a new fire effect for hooded sypha..along with a new sub item move..i hope i can acheive what i'm looking for..here. I wanna add some sprinkles or fairy dust stuf..i dunno magic i guess..whatver the hell it is called..over her face..from her left hand..so when she blows the magic effect in her hand..it will be like a fire blower at a circus..and the effect will be reached..you guys follow me.. Well here is what i'm trying to acheive..minus the flame effect or other effects..:

I also very much wanna differntiate between hoody sypha and hair sypha differnce...I'd prefer they have differnt movesets..but this will be tricky with the fact they use the same code..

You see the move will defiently work good with the flame,lightning,and ice sheet..it may look a bit odd with the snow flakes..
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 04:58:33 PM by Las »

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #220 on: May 07, 2014, 06:52:47 PM »
I figured i'd take a break from the levels for a bit.. though i'lll be getting back to them shortly..I fixed the hobbling look that grant had during his walk. I'm not what i make of it..i still think it's better than it had been previoiusly. I was actually looking to copy the mechanics of chronicles castlevnia simon. Which i think i actualy got down pretty decently. Still i may revamp further..

Any analysis would be greatly appreciated here.I dunno if it's his feet or knees..but i feel like i'm not far off from where i need to be..
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 06:54:40 PM by Las »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #221 on: May 07, 2014, 07:12:32 PM »
The steps are too short distance-wise. As it is, the walk looks like something out of a slapstick cartoon.
EDIT: Actually, after looking at it a bit more, the legs look a bit disproportionate. The thighs look too long. Also, the shading seems to be going all over the place.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:18:41 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #222 on: May 07, 2014, 07:20:52 PM »
Ok..but i'm thinking too in terms of a creepy pirate type walk..like the nes one..i'm trying to capture that..i can fix the shading areas..but what i'm looking to do pertains to sorta like an ambush style walk..maybe like a ninja almost..not a normal regular walk..throw out the belmont style walking all together..not looking to do that here..
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 07:23:15 PM by Las »

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #223 on: May 07, 2014, 07:58:48 PM »
@Vlad CT . I did have his legs a bit further behind him while walking..maybe i can redo that again.. Though i noticed you said his walk was not spaced out enough..i think the way i am trying to do this..means his walk actually can't be too far out either..maybe i can stretch it out a bit..see what happens. So far the the mechanics remind me of Chronciles simon like i said..which i think grant would like imho. But i do think too the thighs maybe a bit too long.. i keep thinking to hunch him forward some more..but i dont want him to look cripple either.. I mean what i had the last time in a video..was him hobbling all over the place..which clearly didnt look right.. The original walk i had eons ago..was just too regular for grant.. it didnt give the creepy pirate feel. I think i'm getting their..but yeah..needs much more work..i agree..

Oh btw..i dug these up..they are for the project aswell. A couple of custom zombies..the intro is more or less an edit..
but overall i have a few things here and their i haven't every posted..figured what the hell tiem for some spriteage..i only ever post vids any more..

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #224 on: May 07, 2014, 09:07:25 PM »
Hey las i like the direction your heading in with grant. i like syphas new animation as well. id have her do the item crash animation where she throws her hands up for the ice spell.

Tags: