Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: MOVIES  (Read 119121 times)

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2012, 10:41:59 PM »
hey cant hate on Firefly tho... that show, short lived as it sadly was, created a fantastic universe and characters. I love the show and Serenity is one of my all time fav movies. That movie made Nathan Fillion for me. If hes in somethin Ill prolly watch it. Castle is fantastic too btw. The Firefly reference on the halloween episode a few years back is easily one of the best moments of tv Ive ever had in my entire life.

As for the Evil Dead remake... I think it looks pretty good. The intended fully for it to be a total departure from original movies and it appears to be. The girl is the new Ash btw... I didnt like the original. It was just too unintentionally bad and I couldnt bring mself to like it. Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness tho... ESPECIALLY AoD are total classics tho

AoD is right up there with Serenity, Princess Bride, O Brother Where Art Thou, Space Balls, and Conan the Barbarian in my book

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2012, 12:29:21 AM »
The first Evil Dead's my favorite in the series, heh. It truly is the ultimate experience in grueling horror.

I've only seen about a third of Firefly. I thought it was pretty good. Definitely intend on watching it all, but the girl I was watching it with is all nutzoid over the series, and she kept freaking spoiling everything for me as we were watching. So I never called her over to watch more and I haven't worked up the desire yet to start anew. Hopefully I've forgotten some of the stuff she spoiled.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Legendary Hunter
  • Neg on that, Chummer
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2012, 10:44:01 PM »
and she kept freaking spoiling everything for me as we were watching. So I never called her over to watch more and I haven't worked up the desire yet to start anew. Hopefully I've forgotten some of the stuff she spoiled.

Those are the kind of people you forearm while yelling LARIOTOOOOOOOOOOOO in as Japanese as you can make your voice sound.
12/1/12: Nominated for my 1st award! Thanks to all :D

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2012, 12:10:12 AM »
THIS is why I love Blu-ray. Yow!

I wish all transfers could look this good. (That's not possible considering film stocks, budgets, craft, etc. of the original productions, but I guess what I mean to say is, I wish ALL BLU-RAY TRANSFERS were as skillfully done and as representative of the original source material as this one is.)
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2012, 02:49:52 AM »
THIS is why I love Blu-ray. Yow!

I wish all transfers could look this good. (That's not possible considering film stocks, budgets, craft, etc. of the original productions, but I guess what I mean to say is, I wish ALL BLU-RAY TRANSFERS were as skillfully done and as representative of the original source material as this one is.)

Rosemary's Baby, ahh I remember catching this one on Monstervision when I was a kid. Fun flick. No doubt one of the best of the Satanic cult movies that seem to have been popular from the late 60s to the mid 80s.* Never realized it was Criterion collection material though. Then again it was made by Polanski.

*When the US was having a silly panic about such things, with sensationalist news stories and trials featuring "repressed memories".

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2013, 06:10:13 PM »
I saw The Fearless Vampire Killers the other day.

I like the ending.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2013, 02:57:56 PM »
Fearless Vampire Killers is amazing and I keep hoping for a really nice Blu-ray release.

Also: Roger Ebert, y u di? :(
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2013, 08:56:53 PM »
Also: Roger Ebert, y u di? :(

OMG last I heard, he took time off work because he wasn't feeling well. I didn't hear the news that he died today!
On a related note, he didn't look so hot in the days prior to his death. Cancer wasn't kind to him.

Roger Ebert then:

And ... er, more recently:

(In the last pic, he's telling someone to read a note. That was his sign language for "read aloud".)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 09:10:45 PM by TheouAegis »
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2013, 10:47:35 PM »
He lived long enough to write a scathing review of the new Evil Dead at least, heh. That dude never did much like the horror genre, at least not the more exploitative stuff.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2013, 02:31:40 AM »
I just saw the Trailer Park Boys: The Movie, having never heard of them before. It's something I'd never have picked up myself, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Hilarious.

My favorite scene:
Jim Lahey chugging liquor.

...maybe a lot better in context, but oh well. I must now watch/buy the TV series.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 02:33:55 AM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2013, 03:22:27 AM »
Is that the one where they try to steal a big gumball machine or something? I didn't care for that movie, but I'd already watched most of the show before seeing it. Quite different from the show, got rid of the documentary aspect, was really trying to be a "movie" version of the show by changing characters to make it a standalone piece, but eh...the other movies followed the show and I prefer those.

Maybe I'll go back to it sometime and will develop a better appreciation for it.

Trailer Park Boys the show is really amazing, though. Oh man, so good. A lot of the series' TV specials haven't been released here in the States which pisses me off.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2013, 06:20:36 AM »
I just finished watching Kamen Rider Kiva: King of the Castle in the Demon World.
So much CV references. hehe.

Yeah I know it's an old-ish kamen rider movie. Someone uploaded the whole movie on youtube.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2013, 08:14:27 AM »
With English subs?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2013, 05:39:05 AM »
With English subs?

Si.  ;D

Youtube has a lot of english subbed kamen rider movies and episodes.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2013, 07:08:36 AM »
Link please? I never watched Kiva, but I've seen him in Decade. So I want to watch this movie.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything