Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Translation Request" Thread  (Read 152051 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« on: January 10, 2013, 07:59:08 AM »
+1
I thought it might be interesting to have a thread where people can post requests for translations of offical Castlevania-related media. You can request anything from manuals, guidebooks, novels etc.

If your requested is accepted it would of course be very handy if you could provide the translator with a scan or a link. There's no guarantee that someone will accept your request of course, but it can't hurt to try.

Also, feel free to post if you're not able to provide a translation yourself, but you know someone who might want to help.             

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 08:57:57 AM »
+2
Thread Staked... for great justice.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 06:35:13 AM »
+1
My request:

Part of a Castlevania novel. It's around 30 pages with very large illustrations on most pages.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 10:39:59 AM »
+1
My request:

Part of a Castlevania novel. It's around 30 pages with very large illustrations on most pages.

Ruler of Chaos

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 05:32:34 AM »
+2
I paid someone to translate the novel for me. It was kind off a waste of money though, because although you can roughly understand what is being said, the sentences are not very coherent. A lot of the translation work is already done though, so if anyone wants to take a look at the novel and the rough translation, and improve upon it, I could share it with you guys. I could understand the general outline of the story and it's very interesting so far.       

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 09:34:19 PM »
+3
I paid someone to translate the novel for me. It was kind off a waste of money though, because although you can roughly understand what is being said, the sentences are not very coherent. A lot of the translation work is already done though, so if anyone wants to take a look at the novel and the rough translation, and improve upon it, I could share it with you guys. I could understand the general outline of the story and it's very interesting so far.       

Oh may I see the novel and the rough translation? I am interested in helping. (My Japanese is not at the native level though. I have a JLPT certification of level 2 about 6 years ago. It is equivalent to the N2 level in the revised JLPT. However since I am no longer learning Japanese, I have a feeling that my level could have dropped to N3.)
Plus I really want to read the novel.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 02:20:27 AM »
+1
Oh may I see the novel and the rough translation?

Sure thing. I could use all the help I can get.  :P

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 04:19:29 AM »
+3
The novel requires an advanced knowledge of Japanese. But i'm not giving up. It would take quite some time for me to translate.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 08:54:28 AM »
Thanks for helping Shiroi! I felt bad backing out from helping Nagumo on this novel (a lot of iRL drama, so I ended up not having any time to work on it) so I'm glad she's getting some help. :)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 06:51:05 AM »
Alright, I managed to get hands on 8 extra parts of this story. Sadly not in chronological order. Anyway, I noticed Simon sports a fancy beard in this story as well. That's an interesting coincidence.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 08:12:23 AM »
I can have a look in the roughly translated part? While I learned english I've understood some incoherent things that a person that fully understands english simply cant. Do you know these guys that writes all the sort of things wrong in the internet? They simple think  that this makes sense to the world because it makes sense toi himself. I retained some part of this ignorance while I upgraded my english because I knew that it could come in handy sometime.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 10:51:19 AM »
Sure, just tell me what your email is and I'll send it to you.

I noticed something interesting in one of the magazines that contain this story. I spotted some artwork done by Kojima which predates her Castlevania stuff by 3 years. It's from the Wizardry series. 

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 10:57:33 AM »
I spotted some artwork done by Kojima which predates her Castlevania stuff by 3 years.
Pics please.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 11:14:43 AM »
Here's one:

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 11:15:02 AM »
You can send it to my MSN email, the same above my avatar. I tend to check it sometimes and ever that someone says that will send me something. Thanks. :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: