Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Translation Request" Thread  (Read 152037 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2017, 10:51:44 PM »
+2
YAY DONE!

Cross of Fate

Called from the garden of darkness
Endless sleep    Overcome

When the death of the sun comes
Inviting the host of that soul
Binding that purified hand
Cross of fate

Unreachable crevice in the heart
Conceal the shadow of someone unknown
The rejecting heart's thread
Reeling in
(The last two lines should be read as "Reeling in the rejecting heart" Whoohoo~ fishing reference!)

Inside the inferno
Someone seeking strength is
Embracing the demon's illusion
Causing grief

Increasing one's power
Is not possible by one's own hand
The thought of protecting your loved ones
Changes into strength

Even if the body is defeated
If you believe
Those precautionary words
Will surely protect you

Resurrected heart of hell
Shake it off    Now    AH

Offline Aria

• Dancing in the hall to the minuet of dawn...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2017, 07:25:03 PM »
If I am no longer busy, I'll translate the other song.
Thanks to nagumo for typing out all of the character names. I'm too lazy for those. haha.

Legend of the Moon

My name is Sara
I became a component of the whip in the past
For my love, for the world
That was my birth

Johnny Morris
Jonathan Morris
Eric Lecarde

Elizabeth Bathory
Alucard
Richter Belmont

Maria Renard
Master Librarian
Ferryman

Lisa
Succubus
Death
Shaft

Leon Belmont
Sara Trantoul
Mathias Cronqvist

Rinaldo Gandolfi
Walter Bernhard
Joachim Armster

Hector
Isaac
Julia Laforeze

Ralph C. Belmont
Saint Germain
Zead
Count Dracula

Juste Belmont
Maxim Kischine
Lydie Erlanger

Mysterious Merchant
Soma Cruz
Mina Hakuba

Genya Arikado
Hammer
Graham Jones

Yoko Belnades
Julius
Necromancer

Celia Fortner
Dario Bossi
Dmitrii Blinov

Jonathan Morris
Charlotte Aulin
Vincent Dorin

Wind
Stella
Loretta
Brauner

Johnny Morris
Eric Lecarde
Richter Belmont

The battle continues
Then, now and in the future
Heroes of history will become stars
Shining all the way
Eternally
Until the day of rebirth

Shanoa
Albus
Barlow
Nikolai

Jacob
Abram
Eugen
Aeon

Monica
Laura
Marcel
George

Daniela
Serge
Anna
Irina

My name is Sara
That is my fate

Elegant heroines will become butterflies
With those wings a flutter
Become the rainbow in the sky
Beautiful servants working together This memory
Will never be forgotten

My name is Sara
That was my birth
That is my fate
That was my birth
YAY DONE!

Cross of Fate

Called from the garden of darkness
Endless sleep    Overcome

When the death of the sun comes
Inviting the host of that soul
Binding that purified hand
Cross of fate

Unreachable crevice in the heart
Conceal the shadow of someone unknown
The rejecting heart's thread
Reeling in
(The last two lines should be read as "Reeling in the rejecting heart" Whoohoo~ fishing reference!)

Inside the inferno
Someone seeking strength is
Embracing the demon's illusion
Causing grief

Increasing one's power
Is not possible by one's own hand
The thought of protecting your loved ones
Changes into strength

Even if the body is defeated
If you believe
Those precautionary words
Will surely protect you

Resurrected heart of hell
Shake it off    Now    AH
:o
Shiroi.... I can't say thank you enough!
You have my ETERNAL gratitude!!! You're an angel (and Soma's too, lol)! XD

I've searched, asked elsewhere, looked all over & eventually almost gave up trying to find a translation for these two songs - especially of Cross of Fate. I love how the lyrics in Cross of Fate does a reference to what seems to be Soma's internal struggle with the realization of possessing Dracula's very soul. Legend of the Moon gives a unique viewpoint of Sara's thoughts & feelings, as well as what was her final fate. So cool to finally have these lyrics translated! I eventually will share these translations on my tumbler page, if you don't mind (whenever I get the chance), but will definitely credit you for it & link it back here, too, to give this awesome forums more recognition. Thanks again!  ;D

*runs off to dance & sing with the music*

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2017, 12:53:00 AM »
Glad to be of help! :)
You can also link my translation of Ricordanza either from its page in the forums or if the forums are inaccessible, my devart page has a copy.

Offline Aria

• Dancing in the hall to the minuet of dawn...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2017, 07:23:57 PM »
Glad to be of help! :)
You can also link my translation of Ricordanza either from its page in the forums or if the forums are inaccessible, my devart page has a copy.

I definitely will! Thanks!  :)

I also have a quick question, regarding Ricordanza (btw, wonderful translation - gave a 5 star rating for awesomeness ;)), where was this novel originally released? In a magazine, book, or some other source?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2017, 11:42:29 PM »
If I am not mistaken, it was a book.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2017, 12:45:35 PM »
Heh, I need to thank Aria, Shiroi and Nagumo for this. I came to this thread to ask for translations for these exact same songs.

Its interesting that they choose the name Cross of Fate for the second music, since Cross is also Cruz in some languages. (and while some must not know, Soma also can reach the same result. In portuguese for example, the word "soma" means plus/addition, as in math. So its the "+" sign, or better saying, a cross. This always amused me since AoS :P )
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: "Translation Request" Thread
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2017, 12:09:48 AM »
I appreciate the translations of the songs, that is amazing!

I would like to ask if anyone could translate Music commentaries/notes for Order of Ecclesia Japanese OST and Akumajo Dracula Tribute Vol.2. I love CV music and enjoy very much reading all the little details regarding the recordings and arrangements.

Thank you so much in advance!

Ecclesia scans are at this link:
https://ufile.io/3lcfq

Akumajo Dracula Tribute Vol.2 are attached in the post.

Offline spiffy

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2018, 12:59:57 AM »
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has ever translated Super Castlevania IV's/Akumajou Dracula's Japanese intro text?

All I really know is that the bit about Simon Belmont 'once again' setting out to defeat Dracula is a pure fabrication by the original translators. If that's all they changed, however, then it should be a simple matter of altering the text in a hex editor to produce something more faithful (space allowing of course).

I ask because I've recently been making these 'relocalization' patches for several Castlevania games, including HoD, AoS, and the original Castlevania/Akumajou Dracula on the NES, having been inspired by both the always increasing versatility of LagoLunatic's DSVania Editor and theplottwists's Umbra of Sorrow project, the latter of which has just completely blown me away in just about every aspect.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #83 on: February 19, 2018, 03:54:02 PM »
+1
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone has ever translated Super Castlevania IV's/Akumajou Dracula's Japanese intro text?

All I really know is that the bit about Simon Belmont 'once again' setting out to defeat Dracula is a pure fabrication by the original translators. If that's all they changed, however, then it should be a simple matter of altering the text in a hex editor to produce something more faithful (space allowing of course).

Hello Spiffy! I think I could help you. Although I'm not a Japanese speaker, I can tell that this intro is a reduced version of the story present on the manual; I do happen to have it translated more in line with how the game's intro tells it. I hope it's useful to you (and I'd ask the Japanese speakers out there to correct something if needed):

"Once every one-hundred years, when the power of this world is weakened, the Demon King will be revived by the prayer of humans using evil power. And with each resurrection, his magic grows stronger."

In the past, the Demon King has revived in several forms. However, his ambition of covering the world in darkness and reigning in the night was always shattered by the heroic Belmont Clan.

The Belmonts had always defeated the Demon King in duels to the death, banishing him from the living world for another hundred years; when those years were over, Transylvania would once again suffer with continuous disaster...

One day, evil covered the town, and a lightning strike silenced it. In that very moment, the dark powers have brought back the powerful Demon King, and along with him, a powerful demon army.

To help solve this crisis, Simon, the young heir of the Belmont clan, has vowed to liberate the human world. Although overwhelmed by his responsibility, Simon marches to the Demon Castle with the whip containing mysterious powers inherited from his ancestors in hand.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 03:58:33 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline spiffy

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2018, 05:00:14 AM »
Hello Spiffy! I think I could help you. Although I'm not a Japanese speaker, I can tell that this intro is a reduced version of the story present on the manual; I do happen to have it translated more in line with how the game's intro tells it. I hope it's useful to you (and I'd ask the Japanese speakers out there to correct something if needed):

"Once every one-hundred years, when the power of this world is weakened, the Demon King will be revived by the prayer of humans using evil power. And with each resurrection, his magic grows stronger."

In the past, the Demon King has revived in several forms. However, his ambition of covering the world in darkness and reigning in the night was always shattered by the heroic Belmont Clan.

The Belmonts had always defeated the Demon King in duels to the death, banishing him from the living world for another hundred years; when those years were over, Transylvania would once again suffer with continuous disaster...

One day, evil covered the town, and a lightning strike silenced it. In that very moment, the dark powers have brought back the powerful Demon King, and along with him, a powerful demon army.

To help solve this crisis, Simon, the young heir of the Belmont clan, has vowed to liberate the human world. Although overwhelmed by his responsibility, Simon marches to the Demon Castle with the whip containing mysterious powers inherited from his ancestors in hand.

Thanks!

This, along with this translation of AD's manual story helped me out a lot. There was very little space to work with simply by using a hex editor, so I had to abridge it somewhat and replace some terms with shorter substitutes:

(As you can see, this was made using this romhack of SCIV).

Without any means of increasing the speed of the text crawl or using custom pointers, this is probably about as good as I'll ever get it.

Offline OldSchoolArikado

• Castlemaniac
  • Hunter in Training
  • Se habla español
    • Castlevania Latino
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2019, 04:03:00 PM »
Hi!

Someone have the novel "Akumajō Dracula: Akuma no Chi Chi no Akumu?"

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2019, 12:15:48 AM »
Hi!

Someone have the novel "Akumajō Dracula: Akuma no Chi Chi no Akumu?"

I have. It is too hard to translate. I gave up. Sorry.
I think I have the first chapter on the links below.

Offline OldSchoolArikado

• Castlemaniac
  • Hunter in Training
  • Se habla español
    • Castlevania Latino
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2019, 04:02:33 PM »
I have. It is too hard to translate. I gave up. Sorry.
I think I have the first chapter on the links below.

I have a friend who has lived in Japan a good part of his life, he is interested in doing the translation.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2019, 07:19:56 PM »
That sounds great! What does your friend need?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2019, 12:59:45 AM »
Raw scans of the first novel can be found here (warning: very NSFW):

https://e-hentai.org/g/836162/a5a430601d/

I also own parts of the second and third novel. I wouldn't mind trying to collect it in its entirely, though.

Tags:

anything