Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Google's aggressive push of Google+ via YouTube update  (Read 8374 times)

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Google's aggressive push of Google+ via YouTube update
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2013, 04:29:38 PM »
What Google doesn't get is, we already have Facebook, so why would anyone want G+, which winds up being just another social network to check.

Why do we need Bing when we have Google search?

Why would we need anything else when we have Amazon?

That's the cardinal rule of the internet. There's only one winner. Which isn't to say that no one else should compete, but it's a longshot to win when someone's established something they do REALLY well. 

YouTube's a cesspit anyway, I can't imagine why anyone would be falling all over themselves to post comments on there anyway, much less having to sign up for another social network

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2013, 04:38:47 PM »
All I've got to say on the matter is that I'm leaving Youtube because of it. Haven't decided what video site to move to yet, but it's happening soon.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2013, 09:49:43 PM »
As a musician, I'm kind of stuck having to use YouTube, even though YT is pretty much the bad guy in terms of lost music revenue these days.

Offline Zannibal

• Sir Overlod Zannibal
  • Hunter in Training
  • I walk by the moonlit graves, I'm home...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2013, 06:04:07 AM »
Stopping trolls is the saddest excuse I've heard. Hell, even I started trolling after this update ;D And I mean real names... pfft, are you guys telling me Hitler is still alive? I saw mein Führer posting some majestic text-penis pictures. Or, in other words, you can use fake name. It's not like Google's gonna check if every name is real. Like my name, it's male name in Finland, while it's female name in Asia. Am I a troll :P?

Besides, you guys haven't heard, that Youtube changer their rules months ago, and allow usernames? I have no idea how I did it, but I made Youtube stop asking me to use real name. And I mean it would go totally against common sense to force everyone use their names. Think about.. Smosh? PewDiePie? All the band pages.

The only thing I'm worrying about is that I've heard you don't get email notification about new comments on your videos any longer. Is that true? I can't tell myself because I don't get comments on my videos ;D

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2013, 04:08:14 PM »
Yes. Comment notifications no longer are updated in your YouTube inbox (which renders that part of it obsolete; yet they're still keeping it), and pretty much require you to have a Google+ account linked to your YouTube account in order to get notifications about, post, and reply to, comments.

That might not seem too bad, but for the people like me who rely heavily on commenting to communicate with their subscribers and fan following, that's a fucking problem. Moreso if one had absolutely zero desire to ever use Google+.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Tags:

anything