Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real  (Read 9637 times)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real
« on: October 29, 2014, 03:37:35 PM »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-declares-evolution-and-big-bang-theory-are-right-and-god-isnt-a-magician-with-a-magic-wand-9822514.html
It seems like "homeboy" Pope Franciscus keeps reforming and reforming. After saying favorable things about homosexuals, he now declares that the Big Bang and evolution are true and
Francis explained that both scientific theories were not incompatible with the existence of a creator – arguing instead that they “require it”.

“When we read about Creation in Genesis, we run the risk of imagining God was a magician, with a magic wand able to do everything. But that is not so,” Francis said.

The only question that remains is: How would Protestant creationists in the USA respond to this?  ;D
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 03:52:53 PM »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-declares-evolution-and-big-bang-theory-are-right-and-god-isnt-a-magician-with-a-magic-wand-9822514.html
It seems like "homeboy" Pope Franciscus keeps reforming and reforming. After saying favorable things about homosexuals, he now declares that the Big Bang and evolution are true and
The only question that remains is: How would Protestant creationists in the USA respond to this?  ;D

Pope Francis is awesome.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 04:07:24 PM »
Cool, but I dislike how some people worships a Pope instead of God. Sad that this happens in a lot of religions, some people idolize the man in front of them instead of their gods, being used by them. How they can blindly follow what he says is something that Im trying to understand.

inb4 Im talking about some cases, not bashing any religion.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 04:22:16 PM »

You are aware that the Pope is not the leader of all Christians, right?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 04:59:11 PM »
Catholicism doesn't have a real problem with Evolution/Big Bang.
You're thinking of those Protestants (Evangelicals are the loudest) who believe the bible in literal terms.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 06:00:46 PM »
I've said it a dozen times before, I'll say it again.

Centuries of madmen and manipulation and we finally get a guy who not only has his shit on straight, he's no afraid to reform what needs reformation.

We've finally got us a guy worthy of his title.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 06:38:08 PM »
;-P Personally, I'm not sure I wanna follow a guy that wears shit, whether it's on straight or not! ;-) (wha wha wha!)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 06:52:07 PM »
I've said it a dozen times before, I'll say it again.

Centuries of madmen and manipulation and we finally get a guy who not only has his shit on straight, he's no afraid to reform what needs reformation.

We've finally got us a guy worthy of his title.

^ Patton approves of the above.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 08:51:01 PM »
Who the hell's Patton?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 08:58:53 PM »
General Patton probably. Although he's been dead for many, many years.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 11:16:17 PM »
You are aware that the Pope is not the leader of all Christians, right?

Catholicism doesn't have a real problem with Evolution/Big Bang.
You're thinking of those Protestants (Evangelicals are the loudest) who believe the bible in literal terms.

That is the point that is ironic to me. Couple of centuries ago, protestants were burned at the stake for "straying away from the path of true Christianity" and allowing different interpretations to Christianity than the Catholic church's. The protestants were progressives who thought religion should not be interpreted in only one way, thus allowing the introduction of science alongside religion.

Now, as Jorge says, some Protestants seem to be more fundamentalist that Catholics, who used to be more extreme in their faith.  :P  Now that even the Pope, the symbol of Christian dogmatism and authoritarianism, acknowledges that the scriptures are not incompatible with science, there are Protestants who won't acknowledge that? It's the irony that entertains me.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 11:24:01 PM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 11:55:50 PM »
This guy seems like he actually read the Bible and is thinking what good stuff this Jesus guy can offer the world, rather than who's going to hell.

He doesn't need to read the bible in order to be a good Christian. Simply following the teachings of Christ without all the nonsense (dogma) will work just fine. Good thoughts, good deeds, good words. Woops! That's Mohammad  ;D  Ahh, well. Same difference considering he was one of Jesus' past lives. My bro actually likes this guy and he can't stand the Vatican because of all the bad history involving them. Pope Francis is actually doing something positive with his position and it's about (God)damned time. Took 1700 years but they're finally turning things around over there. Lets just hope they can keep this new track record going now.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 12:45:19 AM »
I personally like this new development.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 04:57:12 AM »
General Patton probably. Although he's been dead for many, many years.

That's who first came to mind, but I don't see what on earth General Patton has to do with anything we're discussing.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 09:59:35 AM »
That's who first came to mind, but I don't see what on earth General Patton has to do with anything we're discussing.

Haha, I don't either. And he's the only Patton I know of.

Tags: