Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania : The Complete Choronicles ????  (Read 114566 times)

Offline neobuldogg

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania : The Complete Choronicles ????
« Reply #150 on: August 21, 2011, 03:31:45 AM »
btw... all Vita games are downloaded... sucks for collectors.

all vita games are NOT download only. there is a card slot for vita games, similar to 3ds. theres even room on the game cartridge set aside for dlc and saves. please dont spread misinformation.

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #151 on: August 21, 2011, 03:34:30 AM »
Why the fuck is it for Vita!?!?! GRRRRR...
PSmotherfuckin'THREE or ExBaux or WeeaUuu!

ExBaux was already dead, sir.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #152 on: August 21, 2011, 05:20:15 AM »
successor you can't hide from us forever

SNAKE! My brother! It's been so long... Memories of when we challenged the world and won are flashing before my eyes. We were an incredibly team.

A lot of this thread was
Much of it is bickering, though. Or is that the gamescom thread? I don't know. There's such extreme anger in the fanbase right now. I'm scared and excited for the anniversary to see what we will or won't get and if it will or won't do it justice.

Ahh, okay. I didn't read most of it, to be honest : p
I guess anger is better than apathy. I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but I can't care enough to be angry at this point. Wake me up when Konami stops being misguided with the Castlevania series. -____-
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 05:22:04 AM by Successor The Red »

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: August 21, 2011, 07:50:42 AM »
They wanna turn Castlevania into God of War, which means Konami REALLY wants Castlevania to be huge. Which it will obviously never be. But "disinterest"? Nah.
CastleVania was once huge, so it's strange to hear that it will never return to the main spot. Obviously it could be done.
And I believe LOS is the right way to do so, if they will add more elemnts from past games.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2011, 09:23:21 AM »
CastleVania was once huge, so it's strange to hear that it will never return to the main spot. Obviously it could be done.
And I believe LOS is the right way to do so, if they will add more elemnts from past games.

If I'm not mistaken, only one or possibly two games ever sold more than 1 million copies, but I may be mistaken here. Anyway, even the original NES Castlevania failed to crack the top 50 of most sold NES games ever. Stuff like Adventure Island and Ghosts'n Goblins sold more. So, Castlevania is a classic in ever possible way, but it was never really huge. It's borderline obscure and was always more or less like that.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: August 21, 2011, 10:06:44 AM »
Commercially, I don't think CV has ever been big. And I don't mind that at all. I'd like CV to do well in sales, but I kind of also like it being out of the spotlight (not that enjoy having crap like Harmony of Despair). Big sales usually means serving the needs of the casual gamer which is probably why LoS has button-smashing and wall-climbing instead of jumping to avoid medusa heads and finding pot roasts inside walls.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 10:09:33 AM by A-Yty »

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #156 on: August 21, 2011, 12:41:47 PM »
IIRC, Circle of the Moon is currently the highest selling Castlevania game in the series followed by Symphony of the Night and (according to Konami) Lords of Shadow.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2011, 01:11:31 PM »
Funny how Castlevania didn't sell as much as those games back when the series was still "big".     

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2011, 01:39:09 PM »
IIRC, Circle of the Moon is currently the highest selling Castlevania game in the series followed by Symphony of the Night and (according to Konami) Lords of Shadow.

That's surprising.

Funny how Castlevania didn't sell as much as those games back when the series was still "big".     

I don't know..maybe one should take into consideration how any video game sold in those days. I could be wrong, but people borrowed them a lot more and bought them a lot less. I remember SNES games being around 400 marks (using the latest exchange rate before it was discontinued, it would be around 67.28 €, which would be about 97 $). When you adjust that to inflation and remember that most people had only one system at a time and due to there being a lot less alternatives, people didn't race through the games in a matter of hours (or even days) and get a new one as soon as the old one was passed. At least I didn't.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 01:41:24 PM by A-Yty »

Offline Colin B.

• Hunter in Training
  • Belmont sturtin'
    • Awards
« Reply #159 on: August 21, 2011, 07:51:10 PM »

I want to see your source here.

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #160 on: August 21, 2011, 08:14:12 PM »
So does Castlevania : The Complete Chronicles exist or no?

Offline Alukard

• Adrian Celcius Tepes
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2011, 08:15:50 PM »
Yeah that top selling list seems highly debatable.

On the other note-
I would expect something like this to be on the Vita. Well, actually, I was sure they would have their next title for the 3DS... But anyway! It makes sense because if this is truly a remake or port of some of the classic titles they would put it on the least graphically capable system as it would likely be heavily sprite-based. Some hardcores tend to get POed when they see sprites on a next-gen console. Save the completely new and dedicated intensive graphics titles for 3rd-Attempt Playstation and Full-Rotation Xbox.

And personally-
Solely judging by the title of this new one, I'm not expecting too much. I hope I get proved wrong.

I'm interested in this.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2011, 08:27:58 PM »
I want to see your source here.

I think Gametrailers mentioned it in their Castlevania Retrospective, but I've never heard any sales figures otherwise. I'd like to know if Konami themselves have ever released that data in a more official capacity.

That was the same source that said Ghosts n' Goblins for the NES outsold Castlevania for the NES, which is crazy, yet fairly believable.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2011, 12:26:00 AM »
The source about CotM's sales is from IGN.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2011, 01:39:18 AM »
I've been on vacation for 2 weeks and nothing at Gamescon? Shame...

Tags:

anything