Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: MOVIES  (Read 119134 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #180 on: July 07, 2013, 06:15:00 PM »
I didn't much care for Despicable Me 2 either. THen again maybe it had to do with cuz my 3DS fell out of my pocket and got dinged up worse than ever when it landed on pavement; then when I got to the theater the last matinee show was sold out so I had to pay extra. It did have some cute moments though. And the minions were still the highlight. But yeah, it didn't quite feel as good as the first. I liked the whole shark with rockets thing. It was never really explained, just one of those classic WTF Moments in movie history.

Are we talking the movie "Nine" or the movie "9"? Fuck i'm so confused!

And that pic I posted was a reference to the scene where Abigail (Ryder) pulls her top down and thrusts her cleavage in Proctor's (Lewis) face to provoke him into rekindling an affair she thought they once had (he insists there were no such felicitations).
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #181 on: July 07, 2013, 08:12:30 PM »
And ah man, The Warriors! Nice to see someone else who totally digs that flick. I'd have had less reason to go for SOF if not for The Warriors.

Pop Will Eat Itself - Can U Dig It?

Truly a great flick. Has this really thick sci-fi atmosphere despite being pretty much an urban picture. Probably due to the music, though it has a really weird feeling of all these street gangs prowling the night in a way totally unlike reality.

The director's cut with the comic book inserts really ruins the flow of the movie and I hope the theatrical cut gets released on Blu-ray soon.

The Warriors (4/8) Movie CLIP - The Warriors vs. The Baseball Furies (1979) HD

OH MAN, few things get me as pumped as this scene does of The Baseball Furies chasing The Warriors. (Too bad this is just a short segment of it.) That soundtrack is really damn good. Synthz4life.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #182 on: July 07, 2013, 10:21:57 PM »
"I'm gonna shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle!" is truly an immortal movie line for me.

And don't you ever forget:

The Warriors Luther "Come Out To Play"

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: July 08, 2013, 12:33:37 AM »
It took me forever to realize that that guy is in Twin Peaks. I still forget it's him sometimes.

Personally, the most memorable lines (though I can't exactly quote any of them) are the "You gone faggot?" et al. lines by mister tough guy. Funny stuff since he's always questioning everyone's sexuality yet is the most flamboyant and pretty of the gang. Perhaps that was the intention.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #184 on: July 08, 2013, 01:54:59 AM »
Are we talking the movie "Nine" or the movie "9"? Fuck i'm so confused!

The musical movie "Nine".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0875034/

Anyway, I watched Happy Feet 2 yesterday. As with almost all sequels, I prefer the first movie.
But this quote is so cute: "Fluffy don't float"
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 01:57:25 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #185 on: July 08, 2013, 12:52:31 PM »
The musical movie "Nine".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0875034/

Anyway, I watched Happy Feet 2 yesterday. As with almost all sequels, I prefer the first movie.
But this quote is so cute: "Fluffy don't float"
Yup, the musical movie Nine.

I thought Happy Feet 2 was a bad sequel, but the soundtrack was AWESOME!
The instrumental parts seemed to be based on Albinoni's Adagio, and Erik's Opera and The Mighty Sven were one of the best songs in animated movies I can remember.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #186 on: July 08, 2013, 01:21:31 PM »
Do you know what a vilf is?

Well I do after watching blubberella on showtime and after a while I was like no oh... this movie.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #187 on: July 08, 2013, 04:56:34 PM »
Uwe Boll... prolly shoulda guessed from the name of the movie...

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: July 10, 2013, 05:14:35 PM »

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2013, 08:07:12 AM »
that was a good movie. I really liked it compared to the other Scream movies

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: July 13, 2013, 10:12:41 PM »
Pacific Rim was... 

FUCKING AWESOME YEAH!!!!

Saw it in high def. My ears are still ringing, so fucking loud. If you like the action aspect of tokusatsu, I bet you'll like Pacific Rim. It has elements from so many tokusatsu, you'll probably spot at least one reference (aside from Godzilla franchise) in it. Such a great fucking movie. And <3 for Ron Perlman.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2013, 02:24:43 PM »
Saw it in high def.

I take it this means you were a thieving asshole once again and downloaded it? Because "seeing it in hi-def" is pretty redundant when most movies these days are 2K.

I thought the movie was all right. Cool action, cool robot/monster designs. The characters and drama, however, were really bad, and considering these dramatic bits comprise half the movie, it's hard for me to give the movie anything above 3 1/2 outta 5 starzzz.

Ron Perlman is always awesome, though, and I hope Don Coscarelli one day makes that Bubba Ho-tep prequel with him in the lead (since Campbell sucks or something and had "a falling out" with Don).
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #192 on: July 14, 2013, 07:38:09 PM »
So I bought the Planet of the Apes: 40 Year Evolution Box Set on ebay
Blu-ray Review - Planet of the Apes 40 Year Evolution Set - Part 1
Now I'm just hoping the seller was telling the truth about that freaking sweet book/box being in mint condition because well....
I still don't have a blu-ray player :X
I've been waiting for the PS3's price to drop for the last 5 years or so but Sony says they don't plan to lower the price with the PS4 launch. So I might consider a cheaper alternative if I can find a good one. Or break down one of these days and spend the 280+ dollars for 8 year old hardware since I still need to play Sly Cooper 4 to. Still, I wanted to get that book before it became unreasonably expensive because I love the PotAs films. ("Here's some movies all about society's inevitable decay and how horrible humanity is, you know, for kids!") Which I was reminded of when I re-watched the original recently.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 07:53:15 PM by Ratty »

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: July 15, 2013, 04:25:04 PM »
No I mean I watched it on a huge-ass IMAX screen with full stadium surround sound that made your brain rattle into a mushy mess.

Piss off. I actually pay to see Guillermo del Toro movies.

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: July 17, 2013, 05:15:32 PM »
Watched "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" for the second time last night. I rented it back when it came out on DVD, but I think I enjoyed it more now nine years later. I then proceeded to be depressed all day today.  :-\ I really should have watched a feel-good flick instead; that movie was just so damned depressing.

Tags:

anything