Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I hate when Game Maker makes me look like a chump  (Read 7432 times)

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
Re: I hate when Game Maker makes me look like a chump
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 06:40:21 PM »
Well I can't test Studio. It won't run on my computer. I torrented one installer and it said I needed .NET 3.5 (why 3.0 and 4.0 don't work beats me). Well, my computer won't let me install 3.5, thus I can't run Studio. ... At least not until I reformat my PC. So until that day, whenever that day may be, I won't be using Studio at all (will keep the torrent for now, though, as that at least told me what the eff was making GM:S not even run, whereas the YoyoGames.com version didn't tell me shit).
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2013, 04:59:24 AM »
You'd have to uninstall 4.0, then install 3.5 then reinstall 4.0.
"Stuff and things."

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 05:50:36 PM »
Well when I install the .NETs, I typically go in order. I don't know how I missed 3.5. Or maybe I saw it and just misunderstood what it was. I need to reformat again at some point, comp is running slow and the services are jacked.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags: