Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Trade Shop no longer works in Grimoire of Souls after new years  (Read 799 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Trade Shop no longer works in Grimoire of Souls after new years
« on: January 01, 2024, 02:51:22 PM »
Well, it seems the trade shop stopped working after Dec 30, 2023, just like this forum predicted.  Wonder if they're going to patch that or if we'll be stuck with it.  Maybe you gotta change the iphone clock manually every time you want to use the shop - I'm a little weary to try that ha.  I'm concerned they're more likely to pull the game from the service than they are to fix the bug or that this is all part of a planned obsolescence.  If so, can we get Moonlight Rhapsody now?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/237137-castlevania-grimoire-of-souls/79679781
https://www.reddit.com/r/GrimoireofSouls/comments/18va6rh/shops_disappeared/
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 03:06:29 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: Trade Shop no longer works in Grimoire of Souls after new years
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 04:13:23 AM »
Konami gives no 💩 💩 about you, or your children, or your children’s children… (for 3 months)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2024, 03:03:02 AM »
is there a way to play Grimoire of Souls? I tried once months ago, and it wouldn't load up. I tried to emu it on pc. but would gladly pay for the game on my Samsung S9 if it was available to purchase for Android still. but oh course would rather play on pc with a bigger screen and my PSX 3 controller. but please if there is a way to play it let me know. I missed out on this game when they had it available. thank you.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2024, 10:08:47 AM »
still seems to be on Apple Arcade.

Offline Scarlet starlet

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2024, 03:05:15 AM »
They should just remake Grimoire from scratch. The current iteration isn't worthy of being the only game in years that advances Castlevania lore.

Sadly they won't do a proper ClassicVania or Metroidvania for the same reasons Riot Forge got shut down.
The people-in-charge at major corps don't know anything about videogames or what makes them good.
Put them in front of Redfall and Hollow Knight, and they'll think Redfall is the better game because it's 3d and has a higher budget.
Also it's greed. According to the leaks at Insomniac, Spiderman 2 did cost 300 millions to make. Companies prefer to make 1-2 high budget, extremely risky games than 100 low budget, low risk games with guaranteed profits.
Companies also imitate other companies so now Konami too has an animation studio.
Think we need a large shift in the industry before they make another game. The giant 3d open world movie game snozefest that goes since 10 years has been already showing some cracks...

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2024, 12:23:48 PM »
Oh wow, they "actually" fixed this issue with an update.  I also saw that there's a login bonus called "Romantic Ball" in celebration of Valentine's Day.  I was a bit disappointed that it just gave out Christmas and Halloween coins, and not something new, but maybe it's a sign Konami loves us after all?  Anyone recall if they had done this other years?  Description of the update just said "Bugs have been fixed".  Wonder what else might have been fixed if anything.

Tags: