Poll

Why haven't you joined Operation Akumajo?

I think it's a pointless exercise
7 (13.7%)
I don't agree with any of it's objectives
3 (5.9%)
I agree with some but not all of it's objectives
15 (29.4%)
I'd like to join but I don't have a facebook account etc
7 (13.7%)
Another reason (please explain in a response)
3 (5.9%)
I've already joined up
16 (31.4%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Why haven't you joined Operation Akumajo?  (Read 19149 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: Why haven't you joined Operation Akumajo?
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2011, 10:39:31 AM »
If OA is interested in fan tributes for CV's 25th Anniversary, I may have somthing for you.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2011, 10:43:51 AM »
If OA is interested in fan tributes for CV's 25th Anniversary, I may have somthing for you.

What did you have in mind?

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2011, 11:12:59 AM »
What did you have in mind?
Vampire Variations: A Musical Tribute to Castlevania (Old preview is old.) It will be released soon and may need some exposure.

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2011, 11:50:22 AM »
Vampire Variations: A Musical Tribute to Castlevania (Old preview is old.) It will be released soon and may need some exposure.

This is exactly the sort of thing that should be coming up on Youtube when you search "Castlevania 25th Anniversary"  sadly there is very little to speak of...  One thing I would suggest is sharpening the quality of the video for a more polished final product.  I really wish I had the tools to record some high quality game footage, but even if I did --well, I'm already putting alot of time into this effort...  So anything the fanbase can do to generate 25th Anniversary buzz and take some of the burden off of my shoulders is a good thing. :-)

After I'm done with this next video I think I really need to take a break before the Anniversary actually arrives --it's not far off anymore...

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2011, 12:41:42 PM »
I was gonna say that Chern has something coming down the pipeline that would fit.

I too will be doing a 25th Anniversary "In Review' vid in the next few weeks.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2011, 12:45:37 PM »
That sounds nice, looking forward too it. :)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2011, 12:50:31 PM »
I'm looking forward to listening to your sweet voices as well.. ;)

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2011, 05:42:39 AM »
Why the hell can't Konami do something similar?
Like make a game that caters to new and old fans?
Harmony of Despair?  ;D

Plenty of old and new things, but in general exectuted wrong on so many levels. Personally I don't believe that they could do it right. Epsecially if IGA has something to do with it.

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2011, 05:11:21 PM »
Just one question, how can they do it right?
I mean most of the games are flawed in some way, but still.

Kinda mind boggling.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2011, 06:34:09 PM »
Just one question, how can they do it right?
I mean most of the games are flawed in some way, but still.

Kinda mind boggling.

Being "Right" is a subjective term, since everyone has differing tastes and preferences. It's trial and error, and sales usually dictate what sticks.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2011, 10:50:07 AM »
I too will be doing a 25th Anniversary "In Review' vid in the next few weeks.

Mmm, 25th anniversary. Maybe it's time I finally get back to updating my website and opening my forum. My friend and I have also got a big ass Castlevania Youtube Channel that can come in handy with raising awareness about what fans think about Castlevania and showing people actually care about it and how it's handled. As for Operation Akumajo in particular, I can't say I agree with it, so I don't think I can do anything about that.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 10:53:32 AM by Successor The Red »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2011, 11:08:18 AM »
You know, the Stalker remix sounds somewhat similar to FFVIII's The Man with the Machine Gun to me. Then again, I'm listening to it in the middle of the night, so my ears might be playing tricks on me. :-\
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Gambit Belmont

• Kinetic Vampire Hunter
  • Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2011, 08:06:57 PM »
Another Reason: I didn't even know about it until now! :o

But technically I should have clicked 'I have already joined', because now I know about it :D

Offline Colin B.

• Hunter in Training
  • Belmont sturtin'
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2011, 08:25:19 AM »
I joined because I want them to do something for the 25th anniversary, but for the rest of the objects, I really care nothing about. I thought Lords of Shadow was the best thing to happen to the franchise in ages, and there seems like there is a lot of hate toward that game. I'm all up for 2D and 2.5 D games, don't get me wrong. I'd love to see what they would do with Castlevania III.

I just wanted something for the anniversary....

Tags:

anything