Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Timespinner  (Read 2632 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: July 24, 2020, 03:59:36 PM »
How has this not gotten a dedicated thread on a Castlevania forum? I've only played a couple hours of it but it nails the background design and atmosphere of Symphony of the Night perfectly and plays like Order of Ecclesia with great music and Chrono Trigger sprites and character designs. It's authentically 32-bit and controls rather well. If you're looking for a newish Metroidvania to play and you want something more similar to SOTN than not, check it out.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 06:21:57 PM »
I've played Timespinner and have finished it twice so far. It's a very unique game and seems to ooze atmosphere from the moment you are thrust out into the unknown. This is the kind of game that would have been a SNES hit if it came out back in the day. Or a PSone hit depending. The only issue I noticed was the story. It's a good story all around and a very interesting take on time travel. But at one segment later on in the game there is a harping. 'Harping' being that of which is continuously repeated in different context (as if the player doesn't understand and thus needs a reminder every time whether or not he/she wants one). This is unfortunate, however it is only in that segment and doesn't seem to pollute the rest of the game. Despite that one drawback Timespinner is a game I'd recommend to anyone looking for a unique Metroid play style game.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Think Tank

• usually posts while intoxicated
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 11:42:51 PM »
This is the first I've heard of it, but I just watched this gameplay video and you're absolutely right. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcjMFY8yzZg

There's even a librarian that sells you items in a level set to baroque music.

And the map is unmistakeable.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 12:28:30 PM »
Timespinner is goodstuff.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 06:55:02 PM »
Heck, this song could easily be mistaken for a Michiru Yamane track.

Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 06:08:35 AM »
I like her double jump animation. It's pretty.

Tags:

anything