Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1821292 times)

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #495 on: May 21, 2012, 08:56:04 PM »
+2
it's a joyous time for all
not everyone is ready to celebrate just yet

Cox and Enric can throw around names like Trevor and Simon all they want but neither characters were ever vampires or half vampires so I'll be waiting to see exactly what plans they have for the Belmont family before I start getting excited over a new Castlevania game created by them.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #496 on: May 21, 2012, 08:58:01 PM »
b-but Christopher has just had his own game just a couple years ago

and then there's The Adventure being released for the e-shop lol

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #497 on: May 21, 2012, 08:59:06 PM »
+3
Cox and Enric can throw around names like Trevor and Simon all they want but neither characters were ever vampires or half vampires
Jeez, I really hope this isn't the direction they take for the Belmont clan. Being half vampires just sounds so dumb, why have a bunch of half vampires when you already possibly have Alucard. The idea was silly in Legends, and it's still silly now.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #498 on: May 21, 2012, 09:00:01 PM »
b-but Christopher has just had his own game just a couple years ago

and then there's The Adventure being released for the e-shop lol
Yeah I'm kinda bummed about Christopher too, but trimming fat and all that...

My ideal Cv timeline would be

Beginning
Cv III
Cv 1 and 2 in the same game
Rondo
Symphony
the sequel about the dissapearence of the Belmonts
The Bram Stoker's Dracula game
Bloodlines
An indermediate game
The 1999/final battle game
The end.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 09:09:23 PM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #499 on: May 21, 2012, 09:04:54 PM »
As far as Belmonts go, Trevor, Simon, & Richter are probably the three that would come to mind when anyone mention's the name "Belmont." Given that Mercury Steam will probably not make as many entries in the new timeline, throwing "Belmont's Revenge" probabl wasn't viable enough.

Who knows though, maybe a couple years down the line after these games are done if all goes well, we'll get our Symphony of the Night reboot and finally get to a modern one that'll tackle the epilogue.
These next 2 sound like Dracula's Curse & Castlevania 1 remixed...

http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #500 on: May 21, 2012, 09:05:32 PM »
+3
Cox and Enric can throw around names like Trevor and Simon all they want but neither characters were ever vampires or half vampires so I'll be waiting to see exactly what plans they have for the Belmont family before I start getting excited over a new Castlevania game created by them.

Agreed, for all we know the story could be entirely different & Alucard could end up looking like Olrox (remember how vampires in this timeline look before becoming "full-fledged vampires")

a lot of people are going to be saying "WTF!" when they see this/these game(s), just as many will be saying "WOW!"

A storm's coming...

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #501 on: May 21, 2012, 09:06:11 PM »
+3
Remember when you used to see lots of tv commercials for all sorts of different games, back in the day? What happened to those days? All I see now are ads for World of Warcraft and Modern Warfare.

A bygone era. We just need to keep them alive in our hearts.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #502 on: May 21, 2012, 09:10:33 PM »
Agreed, for all we know the story could be entirely different & Alucard could end up looking like Olrox (remember how vampires in this timeline look before becoming "full-fledged vampires")

a lot of people are going to be saying "WTF!" when they see this/these game(s), just as many will be saying "WOW!"

A storm's coming...

Cox know cotdamn well how popular Alucard is to Castlevania fans and it would take seriously gigantic balls for Mercurysteam to fuck him up design wise.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #503 on: May 21, 2012, 09:10:56 PM »

A storm's coming...
I'm trying pretty hard to keep my expectations in check, but it's not working. All of these leaks are not helping at all.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #504 on: May 21, 2012, 09:14:49 PM »
The leaker is still leaking apparently.

He says that the press has already had their hands on it but are under NDA till E3. There is a whole castle to explore but the area's are level based like the old games but backtracking and exploration for new powerups is always a avalible.

So the castle is the setting and the map layout is like Order of Ecclesia. I dunno guy's it's starting to sound........good.
LOL, stage-based areas, but freedom of backtracking. Isn't that like my proposed idea for a classicvania/castletroid hybrid I pitched a bit ago? Great minds think alike! ;)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #505 on: May 21, 2012, 09:17:02 PM »
Cox know cotdamn well how popular Alucard is to Castlevania fans and it would take seriously gigantic balls for Mercurysteam to fuck him up design wise.
if that wolf in the poster is indeed Alucard, I have high hopes for him in the new canon already. The wolf is a big throw back to SotN. Heck, Laura had Alucard's mist form in the DLC.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #506 on: May 21, 2012, 09:27:50 PM »
if that wolf in the poster is indeed Alucard, I have high hopes for him in the new canon already. The wolf is a big throw back to SotN. Heck, Laura had Alucard's mist form in the DLC.

I could see some REALLY cool co-op opportunities with Trevor and Alucard.

REALLY cool.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #507 on: May 21, 2012, 09:33:16 PM »
I wonder if Shanoa will make a cameo in some form or another.

We can dream.  :P

Or Devil Forgemaster Issac. D:

A strange thought just occurred to me. Fanfiction in an alternate universe time.

Simon is the main protagonist for a future Los cv game and Shanoa is his patner/lover that at the end  fight dracula and have belmont babies and stuff. And the game will have on/off line co-op and and Whew...I am done anything can happen right?
 ;) I do not know SimonxShanoa Or SS sounds good for me in a new time line. Something hella new I hope.
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #508 on: May 21, 2012, 10:04:02 PM »
+1
Damn, all this news/rumors got me giddy. If it's all true(Simon, Trevor, Alucard, two CV games, WiiU=3DS connectivity), it would DEFINITELY make up for the sucky ass anniversary. And the thoughts of a console CV on an Nintendo system.... that always gets me giddy. I know imagine if one of the characters from the LoS sequel appears in Smash Bros(new Simon would be cool), seeing him fighting Mario, Pit, Samus... DAMN, that's heyday NES wars, baby! Just need Capcom to toss in Megaman for good measure(and you'd be the Captain N squad, minus Captain N)! It's just kinda a good feeling of nostagial and anticipation. I'd get the same feeling if Square announced they were going to release a traditional FF game for WiiU. It would be like homecoming. Sentimental stuff. ;D

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #509 on: May 21, 2012, 10:08:26 PM »
Tuba?  Sure you don't mean those heroic French Horns and brasses?  Though I suppose bombastic brasses do include a tuba in there...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: .....?