Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Sonata in Red  (Read 39479 times)

Offline Marcus Hardle

• Creator of Akai no Sonata
  • Hunter in Training
  • The future resonates in deep blue.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Sonata in Red
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2008, 09:09:29 AM »
yeah, why not. Tell me which site works for you.
=================================
Castlevania: Sonata in Red - Complete Game

Check in:
www.freewebs.com/sonatainred

Download Links:

http://rapidshare.com/files/84894428/Castlevania_SIR_v1.0.rar

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o6rcvm

Another Lone-wolf

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2008, 07:37:22 PM »
In Reply To #31

It's embarrassing to tell you that I have none of those web-services,however,thank you for your enthusiasm :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 07:39:35 PM by Another Lone-wolf »

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2008, 10:49:03 AM »
Im using XP to make a CV game.. its more like a platformer though.. jumping gaps and things are context senistive.

Making you jump over enemys to avoide a battle is what im work hard on at the moment, it's hard to make things i want in RMXP, but i was never able to understand anything else for making games, and i really want to tell a story.
Sadly im not great at programing, just graphics and story telling.

I started work on it over a year ago, but i quit because all i got was people whineing about how i was trying to work the story into the CV universe.
Then my PC went to heck in a hand bag, i finaly made it back to the forums.

I tried playing your RPG and i found some parts to be a bit too difficult, if it is a RPG why cant you gain experiance and level up?
I got to the wyvern and i cant go any further, the main character is a bit too weak and everything else is too strong.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 10:53:16 AM by Mikepjr »

Offline Marcus Hardle

• Creator of Akai no Sonata
  • Hunter in Training
  • The future resonates in deep blue.
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2008, 05:21:35 PM »
In Reply To #33

Well if you want to make a platformer you should use Game Maker or something like that. I don't work with RMXP so I dunno how effective it'll be for doing that style of game. I hope you succeed, it's always nice to have a new cv game! :D

Well you do level up in this game. Here's how it works: You gain one level per area, there's 19 areas in the game and the max lv is 20. You need to win a certain number of battles to gain a level, press 1 to see how many battles you need to level up. So if you just reached the Wyvern you should have Lv. 4 (one in the town, one in the valley and another one in the mountain). However if the mountain is too tough you can always get to the castle using other paths:

-From the Valley of Ashes you can head to the Mad Forest or find a breakable wall that'll take to the Underground Gallery.
-If you got the Atlas Glove relic you can push rocks and go down the well in the Town of Curses, that will also take you to the Underground Gallery.
-From the forest you can get to the Sorrowful Lake. These are the 3 paths that take you to the castle: Forest, Mountain and Lake.

Play those areas, get their levels and weapons. Return and kick some wyvern ass. Keep exploring and you'll find many possibilities. You'll get used to it.

Good Luck! Feel free to ask anything if you need to.
=================================
Castlevania: Sonata in Red - Complete Game

Check in:
www.freewebs.com/sonatainred

Download Links:

http://rapidshare.com/files/84894428/Castlevania_SIR_v1.0.rar

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o6rcvm

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2018, 12:59:04 PM »
I now its not posted here for many years butI most say here is a updated link:https://rpgmaker.net/games/8716/ the old links is dead.
This fan-based RPG game is good I have finished it;)  It worth a try very good music and elemets levels etc...

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2018, 05:19:36 PM »
Holy shit, over 10 years necropost >.<

Probably should've gone in the already existent fangames page.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2018, 03:35:46 AM »
a ten year necropost

i ain't even mad, that shit deserves a fucking medal or something

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2018, 12:53:47 PM »
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that this thread was last posted in like 3 years before I even showed up around here lol.

Still if the game runs today and is worth checking out I suppose it deserves to live on for another round. This wasn't exactly a run of the mill necro it was to help bring the game back around to the front for new people to see it. I can respect that :)
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2018, 07:44:36 PM »
Yeah, a 10 year necropost is...a little excessive. I'll be locking this thread, Castle34hk please post the working, updated link in the fangames thread.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Tags: